Stereo Headphone Amp

Re: Stereo Headphone Amp

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am

sexy dude!

i've been using a tube headphone amp for years now. its my semi-secret weapon. got some nice NOS mullards in it.
i use for mostly recording but some listening. i just slam drums and synths and samples thru it. gives it a nice rounded tubey vibe. really brings out the lows and mids, while taming the highs a bit. makes them tight and creamy.

really nice for gluing a mix together too.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 am

Yea I have heard they are great for mixing.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 pm

So your beefy headphone amp would actually make a great low-watt audio amp hey Nick? Did you try it with speakers?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Ryan wrote:So your beefy headphone amp would actually make a great low-watt audio amp hey Nick? Did you try it with speakers?

No I never did even tho the OT could be ran down to 4 ohm (i was running it more like 32 ohm)
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Woo Audio Wa22

proshot

interior shot. fully balanced design
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Just an FYI these are Dunwich build threads.... for his builds.... not to be a douche but thats kinda the point of this sub-forum....
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moose23 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 am

Ancient Astronaught wrote:Just an FYI these are Dunwich build threads.... for his builds.... not to be a douche but thats kinda the point of this sub-forum....

If one was to compare, Nick's looks way better.
moose23

experienced
experienced

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:40 am

moose23 wrote:
Ancient Astronaught wrote:Just an FYI these are Dunwich build threads.... for his builds.... not to be a douche but thats kinda the point of this sub-forum....

If one was to compare, Nick's looks way better.

Thankfully we listen to them then. I was responding to an active threads, didn't see it was a builders forum. regardless i don't see how a builder wouldn't mind seeing other builds. ta-dah
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moose23 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:28 am

I've heard neither so can't compare how they sound so all I can compare is their looks. Have you heard both yourself? How do they compare?
moose23

experienced
experienced

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 am

moose23 wrote:I've heard neither so can't compare how they sound so all I can compare is their looks. Have you heard both yourself? How do they compare?

i havn't even seen his. so no. i wonder if he sells them? the woo is a fully balanced design, as are my dac and preamp and my nicer headphones are balanced too. I've got three other tubed headphone amp too. i love me some tubes :love:

here's a pic of my favorite cans, they are planar magnetic headphones. similar to electrostatic's. the diaphragm of a planar magnetic speaker is a thin sheet of flexible transparent film with very thin, flat electrical conductors in it. magnets on both sides of the diaphram create a full magnetic flux. the magnetic field created by the signal current interacts with the magnetic flux causing the conductors, and therefore the diaphragm, to move.

really great sounding cans, better than any dynamic can's i've ever heard. they're from audeze, the lcd-2 model with bamboo sides. very transparent to the source so its easy to tell how an amp "sounds"

Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whiskey_face » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
moose23 wrote:I've heard neither so can't compare how they sound so all I can compare is their looks. Have you heard both yourself? How do they compare?

i havn't even seen his. so no. i wonder if he sells them? the woo is a fully balanced design, as are my dac and preamp and my nicer headphones are balanced too. I've got three other tubed headphone amp too. i love me some tubes :love:

here's a pic of my favorite cans, they are planar magnetic headphones. similar to electrostatic's. the diaphragm of a planar magnetic speaker is a thin sheet of flexible transparent film with very thin, flat electrical conductors in it. magnets on both sides of the diaphram create a full magnetic flux. the magnetic field created by the signal current interacts with the magnetic flux causing the conductors, and therefore the diaphragm, to move.

really great sounding cans, better than any dynamic can's i've ever heard. they're from audeze, the lcd-2 model with bamboo sides. very transparent to the source so its easy to tell how an amp "sounds"

1000$ headphones
3$ hosa adaptors

all in or fold dude. . . .
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Dunwich Amplification