different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby Jwar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:40 am

You know what I'd want in a TAFM? A gate that's adjustable with a knob. The Second Voice Deluxe had this (probably other pedals too) and it was really cool. Is that possible Brian?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:02 am

jwar wrote:You know what I'd want in a TAFM? A gate that's adjustable with a knob. The Second Voice Deluxe had this (probably other pedals too) and it was really cool. Is that possible Brian?

not really possible in the current configuration without it affecting the overall tone of the pedal... i would have to rework things quite a bit. :idk:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:45 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
jwar wrote:You know what I'd want in a TAFM? A gate that's adjustable with a knob. The Second Voice Deluxe had this (probably other pedals too) and it was really cool. Is that possible Brian?

not really possible in the current configuration without it affecting the overall tone of the pedal... i would have to rework things quite a bit. :idk:

Damn! Lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:36 pm

I got to A/B an oldie with a noon last night and it was fun. Not different enough to say it's like two distinct pedals but I did favor the new guy more for what I'm playing. The fuzz on it was almost.....more refined but beefier. I could totally see myself favoring the oldie in different settings, though. Can't wait to try out the TAFMini and A/B/C these bitches.

I'll try to do a clip, soon.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CBA » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:41 pm

What are the different controls/knobs of the most current version of the TAFM? I've never tried one, but I'm wondering if it has the options I usually like in a pedal. Didn't realize there were so many different versions!

Thanks!

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:02 am

Input gain (makes the fuzz more intense), fuzz gain, fuzz volume, clean volume, shape (tone), mids switch, switch that makes the input gain boost the clean blend into OD (and the fuzz super nasty), and the gate switch.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby CBA » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

So the fuzz volume and clean volume operate separately like the Fuzzhugger Bass Bloom? Two separate volumes instead of a clean "blend"?

Seems like this sucker has a looooooot of possibilities but I don't know if I have room for it!

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 am

CBA wrote:So the fuzz volume and clean volume operate separately like the Fuzzhugger Bass Bloom? Two separate volumes instead of a clean "blend"?

Seems like this sucker has a looooooot of possibilities but I don't know if I have room for it!

C

yup. make room! :p
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CBA » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:05 am

Well, as you may know, I'm coooonstantly searching for a germ fuzz that does what I need it to do. I've got op-amps, jfets, silicons, etc., but no go germ fuzz.

Is the damn thing a purely germ fuzz? I love germ Fuzz Faces but can never get enough volume out of them... rarely do they surpass even unity gain.

So if you turn on the switch that makes the clean blend go OD, does the regular gain knob control the gain of that, or is the OD gain fixed in the clean option?

Can it do fuzzy overdrive tones, or is it pretty way too high gain to do that?

I know I can watch some vids... I just never get the settings I need out of them!

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 am

CBA wrote:Well, as you may know, I'm coooonstantly searching for a germ fuzz that does what I need it to do. I've got op-amps, jfets, silicons, etc., but no go germ fuzz.

Is the damn thing a purely germ fuzz? I love germ Fuzz Faces but can never get enough volume out of them... rarely do they surpass even unity gain.

So if you turn on the switch that makes the clean blend go OD, does the regular gain knob control the gain of that, or is the OD gain fixed in the clean option?

Can it do fuzzy overdrive tones, or is it pretty way too high gain to do that?

I know I can watch some vids... I just never get the settings I need out of them!

C

it's not purely germ - hybrid si/ge but the main fuzz section is germanium-based. it gets plenty loud, so don't worry about that.
if you switch clean to OD, the input gain controls the gain of both fuzz and clean channels at once.
hmmm i would say that the lowest setting is a low gain fuzz, rather than a fuzzy overdrive but these are just semantics so someone else may disagree.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CBA » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:19 am

THANK YOU DUDE
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm

It really is my Swiss Army Fuzz.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby guitarslinger21 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

YAY!!!!! I got the Lumberjack TAFM back!!!!!
WTB: Basic Audio Kay Fuzz
guitarslinger21

committed
committed

Postby guitarslinger21 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 am

Back to my personal lumberjack masturbation fest. Holy shit. This thing is cra cra. fuck. shit. it's like on of those old music vids in the 80's where the tv would explode.
WTB: Basic Audio Kay Fuzz
guitarslinger21

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:49 am

CBA wrote:So the fuzz volume and clean volume operate separately like the Fuzzhugger Bass Bloom? Two separate volumes instead of a clean "blend"?

C

Seriously, praise you Brian for the two separate volume knobs.
Infinitely better than a mix / blend knob.
More pedals need this.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound