Distortion Pedals

Re: Distortion Pedals

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat May 11, 2013 1:08 am

Quite a few folks are selling the old ones in favor of the new paint job
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nightterrors » Sat May 11, 2013 10:49 am

Had an 87' blackface Rat.... sold it. Too much tone-loss I found when I didn't pair it up with the Muff variant (For bass)

I'm using a OCD V4 to boost the Muff Variant now, sounds insane.

I know a few people who have given up their Rat's for these...

http://www.fuzzrociouspedals.com/ratking.html

http://www.fuzzrociouspedals.com/rattail.html
Good Dealings With: jumbo_steelie(x2), Demon666, foomanfat, Ryan, Skullservant, new05002(x3), WeHuntKings, edkoppel, monkeydancer, smalltownsongs, transients, weed_killer, superfuzz_bigmuff, multi_s, kosta, pez.period, juggernaut, craig0101, LazerViking, indianDYsummer, Muff_Diver, jrmy, cantremember, dangergirlstarship, pjrjazz, amorphous, CrazyDroneDream, spburns, DannDubbleEwe
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby HeavyXIII » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

AxAxSxS wrote:Quite a few folks are selling the old ones in favor of the new paint job

But, that's just... silly. More savings for 2nd and 3rd handers I guess. After looking at all of the knobs and switches on the Elements I kind of want one, but there are more important things for me to pick up right now. New casters, not to mention I'd like to rewire my pedalboard with some better quality patch cables. Speaking of which, isn't there a website that sells the same type of cable that Mogami uses, for like 75 cents a foot or something?

Also tried rolling down the preamp on my Laney today, just to see. Normally I keep the preamp almost all the way up, but lately I've been wanting louder/crisper clean tones when I roll down my volume pedal. Kicking in the amp's boost switch creates a familiar squeal, but brings the gain back up to heavy fuzz territory. I suppose I can flip it on for heavier parts, and then just keep it off everywhere else. Used my Geiger Counter for the first time in a few weeks, was all up in that Wizard territory. May use that for heavier fuzz stuff too; I just love having so many settings!
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:36 pm

So, after dissing the Rat previously, I ended up picking a PDX from Enormous Door (after winning Nick's mondo Charity Giveaway), which I believe is a pimped out Rat...
I just didn't need any more fuzz or OD.
I'll probably change my tune though as I was sussing some Rat into Sovtek goodness last night and it didn't sound half bad. Last time I played one I think I had some crappy solid state amp, so that's probably half the problem.
Will report back with results.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:I ended up picking a PDX from Enormous Door (after winning Nick's mondo Charity Giveaway), which I believe is a pimped out Rat...

Is Ratish and is from Austin and is has Hi-Fi components and Dibs if you wanna flip it back to it's Homeland... :thumb:
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 am

sonidero wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:I ended up picking a PDX from Enormous Door (after winning Nick's mondo Charity Giveaway), which I believe is a pimped out Rat...

Is Ratish and is from Austin and is has Hi-Fi components and Dibs if you wanna flip it back to it's Homeland... :thumb:

Haha! Ok man, if I really don't like it, I'll let you know. I'm a bit of a dirt pedal hoarder though, so it would have to suck pretty bad for me to roll it over. I have faith it will be cool, for duh metals!!

Actually, I look forward to sounding more like von TIll...but that's a story for the dream rig thread.
Hang on - do we have one of those yet?
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby t-rey » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:47 am

My birthday fast approaches. An Elements will be mine :doom:
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby samzadgan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:38 pm

I was getting a little tired of my SLOstortion, and then the other day i turned on the Boost side, and turned the boost knob all the way off...but it adds a zing to the distortion that the pedal didn't have before...I'm in love with it again...so again would whole heartedly recommend trying it out if you can.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby pelliott » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:58 pm

t-rey wrote:My birthday fast approaches. An Elements will be mine :doom:

Ughhh fuck yes, it's about time. I haven't been able to play much lately and today had a lot of time and was in love with the Elements all over again.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Oh yes. I am very excite. I want to try and cop some modern Orange, SLO, or Recto toanz to compliment the blackstar. Massive heavies will be had.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby louderthangod » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 am

Got the new Openhaus a few months back. The deep switch works really well with baritone tunings and the added adjustment of the new mid knobs really goes a long way. I'm so bonded with the Sonic Titan though that it'll be hard for me to ever kick it off my board after all of these years.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:07 pm

im gonna grab a great destroyer one of these days. . . .
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby benjuro » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 am

vidret wrote:the elements is radical. keeping BAT pedals for flavour but the elements does the chug for me.

:thumb:
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:47 pm

don't know if this has been posted outside of the dunwich shark tank, but you fuckers oughta see this one. holy shit.

ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 am

misterstomach wrote:don't know if this has been posted outside of the dunwich shark tank, but you fuckers oughta see this one. holy shit.

Well, time to stock up on mints, and some numbing ointment for my throat...
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org