Mammoth Cheated me on my order.

Moderators: Ghost Hip, blakemoth

Re: Mammoth Cheated me on my order.

Postby Bellyheart » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 am

Got my packages today and they were okay. I was starting to worry.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gristlepig » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

"Not getting the $17 back from shipping is not a huge issue but not being able to deliver a pedal to a customer because the supplier screwed up on the order and did not correct it desipite being notified weeks prior plus then not replying to follow up emails is worse. I know I lost a future customer as I delivered weeks late on the pedal."

Same thing happened to me. I had two customers who had to wait 6 weeks past when the pedals should have been done. After a month without the correct parts, I just asked for a refund and ordered elsewhere. One of my customers was going to use one of my pedals for a recording session, but that date came and went while trying to get Mammoth to either send me the correct parts, or have them refund my money.
To their credit, once I asked they immediately refunded the money to my Paypal account.

My guess is that they're terribly understaffed. I've seen so many posts about orders getting screwed up or customer service emails taking forever to be answered. My experiences have been similar.

They seem like nice folks though. I hope they can get it together before they lose more customers to Tayda Electronics.
Gristlepig

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby skullservant » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 am

I think that their customer base has also grown SIGNIFICANTLY. Their prices are decent, their ordering interface beats Pedal Parts Plus, all of these are factors, I think, to their customer service getting sluggish and orders fumbling etc. When I first started ordering from Mammoth 2 years ago, I used to email Blake back and forth regularly. It was great. But like you said I think they are just understaffed at this point and need to hire a few more hands
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby selfdestroyer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:21 pm

skullservant wrote:I think that their customer base has also grown SIGNIFICANTLY. Their prices are decent, their ordering interface beats Pedal Parts Plus, all of these are factors, I think, to their customer service getting sluggish and orders fumbling etc. When I first started ordering from Mammoth 2 years ago, I used to email Blake back and forth regularly. It was great. But like you said I think they are just understaffed at this point and need to hire a few more hands

I complacently agree with this. I have done 10 - 15 orders with them and have not had one problem with them but when I hear of the issues in this thread I cant help but to think that their popularity might play a part in this. It seems like they went from a "couple of dudes selling parts" to a full blown retail outfit over night and they are just not full prepared for it. They have been good to me and so had their distributor 4Site so I will keep using them.
selfdestroyer

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:02 pm

What's kinda strange to me is that this thread has been here for almost two weeks and still no posted response from Mammoth.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ACEffects » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Last edited by ACEffects on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
ACEffects

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby kurtH » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:30 pm

< Comment Removed by Request of Moderator >
Last edited by kurtH on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurtH

interested
interested

Postby skullservant » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm

They just got a new service manager, so hopefully things will improve.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Let's hope that new service manager is good on damage control. People're coming out of the woodwork with complaints. Reputation's already taken a good sized hit.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby blakemoth » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:23 am

First, I just want to say sorry for the radio silence on our end. We weren't alerted of this thread until recently, and this Fall has presented us with a lot of healthy, albeit time consuming, shifts in our daily operations. We've hired many new hands, brought on many new customers, and developed many new aspects of our company's infrastructure. These have all been positive changes, and have only produced a positive result in our productivity.

There are some very accurate assumptions in this thread, but there are a lot of very inaccurate ones as well. If you're in need of closure on something you're worried about, please do not hesitate to email me directly at blake@mammothelectronics.com. If you need something changed or amended in regards to a past or open order, shoot an email to sales@mammothelectronics.com.

If you find that you're not getting a response from one of the emails listed above, or just want a human voice to talk to, I've got good news as of today : we're (finally) taking an official phone system live today: 1-405-254-4112. This is the first time we've announced this number, and the first day we're taking calls on it, so please give us feedback on any issues you experience with it.

We're doing everything in our ability to offer the best possible turnaround times, pricing, customer service, and community within a parts distributor. All feedback is appreciated and seriously considered.
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby skullservant » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:26 am

@ Blake- Glad to see you here man! I saw the news of the new Customer Service guy and I think it was a great move. Throughout all of this I've placed 3 orders which I've recieved without a hitch. Even the 1590DD dock hold up still got the package to me in about a week, and it was nice of you guys to send a heads up email.

I've got high hopes for you guys with all the extra hands- although I've never really had a problem with you before. Excited for Mammoth's future, and glad to see you're around again to answer questions and solve problems!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakemoth » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:40 am

skullservant wrote:Even the 1590DD dock hold up still got the package to me in about a week, and it was nice of you guys to send a heads up email.

Wow, that's great to hear. I know a handful of guys had to wait longer than we are comfortable with, but it's good to hear that the dockworkers' strike didn't cause as big of an issue as we were preparing for.

skullservant wrote:and glad to see you're around again to answer questions and solve problems!

It's good to be back. Horribly sorry I was unable to respond to this thread earlier. I hope the most pressing issues concerning open orders were resolved in real-time via email with James (customer service manager- sales@mammothelectronics.com).

The BEST way to get your issues/concerns resolved/eased is coming to us directly, but we try to search the forums throughout the day to find potential customer service opportunities.
blakemoth

involved
involved

Postby skullservant » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah, I was happy to see the package on my door the other day and was like 'wow, guess that strike didn't last too long!' Duder who I'm building the pedal for was understanding too. Can't really help dock strikes haha
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kurtH » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:24 pm

< Comment Removed by Request of Moderator >
Last edited by kurtH on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurtH

interested
interested

Postby blakemoth » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm

kurtH wrote:Glad you are upping the customer service, hopefully it helps as I found on another forum yesterday different people with similar issues.

I was curious about your new phone number so I called but got a womans voice on answering machine saying sorry I cant get to our call right now. :no:

Good luck, but sorry I will probably never order again after the problems and how long it took to get resolved. :(

That's strange, Kurt. We've received multiple calls today with no issues. The woman's voice should have introduced herself as 'Mammoth Electronics' and given you a few options for the department you're looking to call.

If someone was away from the desk, they should have received a voicemail (if you left one). Please call us up again, and leave a message if we can't pick up. Then, we'll call you back ASAP.

I would encourage you to use your open store credit that we issued you. Whatever you spend it on will be free, and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with your future dealings with Mammoth. If you're not, I'll make it more than worth your time/money.
blakemoth

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to Mammoth Electronics