Who Loves Badass TV shows? Let's hear it!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: i love you Dr. Scientist

Postby Scruffie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 pm

Yea it was heavy sci-fi but in a good way, lol i'm gunna have to start eating cinnamon it seems... I'l have to think of something to reccomend you...

We are Klang, i've heard of that, I think one of my friends mates is in it... Haven't seen it yet though, any good?

Yea I watched the Physcoville finale' the other day, it wasn't bad, but i'd missed the few before it and it was still very, very weird.

I haven't dealt with them, my main U.K supplier for items is www.hotroxuk.com but i'd imagine Dr. Scientist would suffer the same fate of selling out in days there as it's a popular shop.

Direct orders would be nice, although I don't actually have any money, knowing I could buy one when I got the money would put my mind at rest... :bob: and I think it should be just for ILF members ;)
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Ryan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Hey Scruffie, I don't know yet about the Klang show.. it had its moments though! Very silly, which I happen to like.

We've been contacted by Mark at Hotrox but I'm not sure when/if we'll be working them, we've agreed for the time being for VandR to be our exclusive UK dealer and I think our production would have to be very greatly increased for us to bring him on.. but maybe one day, seems like a great store too!

If you think of other cool shows definitely let me know, I think we have a lot of similar likes for entertainment!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Ryan wrote:Hey Scruffie, I don't know yet about the Klang show.. it had its moments though! Very silly, which I happen to like.

We've been contacted by Mark at Hotrox but I'm not sure when/if we'll be working them, we've agreed for the time being for VandR to be our exclusive UK dealer and I think our production would have to be very greatly increased for us to bring him on.. but maybe one day, seems like a great store too!

If you think of other cool shows definitely let me know, I think we have a lot of similar likes for entertainment!

I cannot reccomend Hotrox enough, they are great guys, amazing customer service (out of context I tried to get an fuzz factory about 3 years ago from dolphin music, it took 3 months to not get it, even after Zach vex emailed me saying they sent an order an month ago so I cancelled it, changed it to hotrox who gave it to me the next day! )

I also know the guys from the UK's bare knuckle pickups etc so if you want an hand with distrubution over here, just say... I think I can give an hand...

Hotrox are nice guys too if you could work from them, although I don't personally know them, amazing service... and I can get some people to chat to them if you want.

I also have some shows in mind... let me know what you think of green wing!
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Gunner Recall » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:40 pm

Scruffie wrote:I also know the guys from the UK's bare knuckle pickups etc so if you want an hand with distrubution over here, just say... I think I can give an hand...

Hook us ILF folk up!
I've always wanted a miracle man/warpig but I feel guilty about my pickups costing more than my guitar :lol:
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby Scruffie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:52 pm

morningstaru wrote:
Scruffie wrote:I also know the guys from the UK's bare knuckle pickups etc so if you want an hand with distrubution over here, just say... I think I can give an hand...

Hook us ILF folk up!
I've always wanted a miracle man/warpig but I feel guilty about my pickups costing more than my guitar :lol:

I shall see what I can do, I don't wanna take advantage... PM me tommorow I can probably discount but not for everyyy ILF member
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Ryan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Green Wing rules, Fran is in it! I like it just for that fact, I really enjoy Black Books so now she can do no wrong. It's a good comedy though, regardless. Not as fantastical or silly as we usually like around here but hey, it takes all kinds!

Anybody watching that new spacey show, Defying Gravity? Pretty cool idea, a bunch of astronauts on a 6 year mission to Venus. I like space shows.. Scruffie, you ever watch Hyper Drive with Nick Frost? I really liked that one!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby metalmariachi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:32 pm

I’m into 'Primeval'. and of course 'Dr Who'.
I really liked 'Torchwood', which ended with “Children of Earth”.
I’m not sure about “Being Human” haven’t really been able to get into it.

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Hey mm!

I LOVE Dr. Who, what a show! Same with Torchwood, I pretty much like it just as much.. Captain Jack rules. I liked Primeval too.. my favourite thing about it is kinda unrelated to the show, but Connor plays an absolutely hilarious guy named Lee on the show Ideal.. that dude rules too.

I tried Being Human but we just didn't click.. I don't blame either of us.. but mostly I blame it.

Brits do the sci-fi thing really well though, along with comedy... I probably should have been born British.. I always talk with a cockney accent but it's just not the same.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm

I did indeed watch hyper drive, not all of them mind but it seemed pretty good! I'd imagine a 3rd season would probably be coming out soon. (Just looked this up, apparently the BBC dropped it... oh well...)

Another one that's on at the moment is The Inbetweeners, relatively unknown cast but quite funny, I think one of the guys from We are Klang is in it.

Fran is awesome, lol I dunno, Green wing does have it's incredibly silly moments and Statham is a complete nutter lol (and surprisingly he's Brian from Spaced, I didn't notice that for a while, I think the Moustache fooled me...)

That actress was also in another comedy called Love Soup, although I didn't watch it, I think it was a bit more serious comedy... but could be worth a go!

I've not heard of Defying gravity it'll probably appear on the SCI-FI channel though in about an year i'd assume, gunna try out True Blood soon...

I saw that being human thing, it did not go down well over here at all... as with Krod mandoon which is another comedy just out here (you probably got it aswell)... fell flat

I only watched Dr Who, Torchwood just seemed like something extra that I could skip and I didn't get on with Primevil either.

And you should have been born British Ryan, then I could come up to your workshop without travelling across the globe!
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby metalmariachi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:51 pm

And they make jabs at their early bad si-fi in the new stuff.

Comedy is hit and miss with me, “Coupling” was good no US style vague references, a penis is a penis. I loved (still do) Benny Hill, but not Monty Python.
4 guys in their underwear saying Spam.. :no:
Half a dozen hot chicks in their under wear.. Woo Hoo :love: :love: :love:

And I like Top Gear, I am a motor head.

MM.
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 pm

So whatcha guys watching lately? Where you at Scruffie!

I'm liking We Are Klang more and more each episode, very silly. Any Top Chef fans? Hell's Kitchen? You guys like District 9? I need some new entertainment fixes!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Lol i'm here, i've been out partying alot recently over summer while friends are back from Uni so not been watching that much T.V...

Well if it's good i'l give we are klang an shot, I like the tall Comedian in it (can't think of his name) he was in the inbetweeners, which was pretty funny, you could try that.

I saw the British hells kitchen, not bad, but Top Chefs only broadcasted in the U.K when I was still a child, apparently I did used to like it though and not seen disctrict 9 either, i've failed you!

You have been watching is quite an funny show that's just aired with Charlie brooker who also did the Zombie version of Big brother, Dead Set (that was good... Zombies and me go)

Hmm i'l have to think about some more entertainment, There's alot of other comedy panel shows but it's news based so you probably wont of heard of the stuff that's going on in the U.K, although still could be funny, Top Gear is good though MM last season just finished here though.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby my bloody television » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:34 pm

I love Top Chef! I'm seriously addicted to that show. Eric Ripert is the best. Padma always seems a little drunk haha.
my bloody television

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:37 am

Out partying instead of staying home and politely watching some tv, hey Scruffie? :idk: :p

I'm gonna watch Dead Set this weekend.. I love zombie flicks and I've never heard of this one. Brits do great horror.. I really liked 28 Days and Weeks Later and one of my most favourite horrors ever is Dog Soldiers.

Garrett, how'd you enjoy Top Chef Masters? Pretty cool hey! I love watching food shows, seeing people cook, especially competition shows.. Top Chef is by far my fave out of all the different shows like Hell's Kitchen, Iron Chef, Next Food Network Star... Top Chef rules. The first episode of season 6 the other night was awesome too, having so many award winning/nominated chefs competing... that one lady even works in one of Ripert's restaurants.. what a season this will be!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 am

Bobby D wrote:i have been consistently amused lately by "Look Around You"

just like the movies they used to show us in school in the 70s.......but on ACID :stitch:

+11.

Synthesizer patelllllllllllllllllllllllllll!
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist