Current Offerings

Current Offerings

Postby greyscales » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey, ILFers!

I've got several different pedals in production. There aren't a large number stocked at any time, but it won't take long to get one to you.
Currently we offer:

Thunder Fuzz Cannon: A highly modified Big Muff circuit with a huge tonal range. It's been specifically designed for mids, which any Muff user knows is a problem inherent to the pedal. There is also a 3 way diode selector to change the overall character of the drive. It can go from overdrive to heavy fuzz just by switching the diodes.

Grey Drive: A transparent, yet high gain overdrive/distortion with a buffer designed to keep your signal nice and clean over long signal chains. You can get one with either a single or dual gain setup. A dual version has a footswitch to toggle between a rhythm tone and a lead tone. The single channel version has the same gain range as the high gain of the dual channel.

Hellcat: The Greyscale version of the Rat. Unlike the new production Rats, the Hellcat uses high quality parts and has a diode switch similar to the one in the TFC. This lets you switch between the traditional distortion and a more open (and louder) overdrive. There is also an option for a low gain version.

Mini Fuzz: About as simple as a fuzz can get. It is a silicon-transistor fuzz in a very small box. The only controls are volume and fuzz. I recommend keeping the fuzz on max. Your guitar's volume knob is going to be your best friend with this pedal. It will bring the fuzz down to an overdriven or even clean-ish level. Lowering the fuzz knob will allow you to get a cleaner sound when you roll your guitar down.

Small Echo: A digital delay with analog voicing. What makes this pedal unique is the fine control. On many delay pedals the range of time knob is so wide it can be hard to make a subtle change. The find knob is allows you to make subtler changes in the time in series with the time knob. Put the find control in the middle, adjust the delay time to your approximate place, and dial in the perfect time with the fine knob.

Caligula Ring Mod: Somewhere between a ring modulator and a bit crusher, the Caligula utilizes a single frequency knob to wreak havoc on the notes you play. It works well on any instrument and takes chords just as well as single notes. At lower settings you'll lose clarity, but who ever wanted a ring modulator to behave perfectly? There is carrier signal present, but it is in tune with the freq knob.
***Caligula Rex***: The basic Caligula with the addition of a clean blend.

Big Echo: Essentially the Small Echo combined with a reverb. I can include an oscillation momentary switch if desired. Reverb only has a mix control.

Slaughterhouse Fuzz: 3 knob, silicon fuzz with crazy range. No gain control, just straight fuzz all the time. Tone and Mids knob interact, very extremely at that. You can even dial out all of the frequencies! It is very high gain. It will react to buffers in front (not necessarily bad with humbuckers). Very good for recording as it can really cut into a specific frequency spectrum.

Wah/Filter: Half light-controlled wah, half static-filter. Expression out for a more traditional wah feel. No moving parts to wear out, and best of all it works amazingly with fuzz. No impedance mismatches. Really great for pedals like the Mini Fuzz. Crank the filter for faux single-coil settings with humbuckers. Switch from a fixed wah to a light-controlled wah with an independent footswitch.

If you wish, you can have a clean blend added into any of our pedals. While these effects sound great on their own, sometimes it doesn't hurt to mix a little clean signal in.

This thread will be updated regularly as new pedals are developed.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Current Offerings

Postby greyscales » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 am

Here's a variety of our current offerings and one-offs.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm going to start building up a prototype for a delay this weekend. Should also have a few of the other pedals built up and ready to go.

One thing I've been considering adding to the line is a mini expression pedal. It would just have a switch and a knob, essentially giving you a preset.
That also means there might be some expression pedal jacks going into some builds.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Got another Small Echo built. This one has a fine control for smaller time changes. I'll probably add some lettering soon, but I thought you lot would appreciate seeing something new.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Hellcat with clipping and hi/low gain switch: $140
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 pm

I just placed an order for a couple new circuitboards. One will be an opamp buffer, the other a Mini Fuzz. I'm going to try to make all of these in 1590a enclosures, although the buffer may be in a smaller one if possible.
Prices to be decided upon completion, but I'm hoping to get these going as soon as I get the boards.

The Mini Fuzz will resemble this one:
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Small Echo in stock right now. $150

You probably can't see it in the other photos, but I try to put my logo at the bottom like this:
It makes for a much tidier look on the top.

And a demo.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 pm

First Mini Fuzz is a go.

Price: $100
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:02 pm

More Mini Fuzzes.

$100 each
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm

I had a custom order recently, a ring modulator/bit crusher. The result?
The Caligula ring mod

I'll get a demo up within the next day or two.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Those minis're cute.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby greyscales » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Those minis're cute.

Cute, yet functional. ;)

Got another request for a Big Echo. This one with oscillation switch, reverb trails, and stereo output.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Another Mini Fuzz (purple sparkle)

Mini Buffer - $50
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Specter Fuzz Reverb

Fuzz + Reverb with switchable order. Demos soon. Feel free to contact me if you're interested.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm willing to build or modify wahs as well.
This one has a Fasel inductor and a frequency pot to go from normal range to a bassier range.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to Greyscale Devices