My Twosome is giving me a lot of noise/feedback

Moderator: blackout_kyle

My Twosome is giving me a lot of noise/feedback

Postby Attuma » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:06 am

I just picked up a Twosome and I really do love it. The only problem I'm having is that I get a lot of noise from it when I'm not playing it (i.e. have the strings muted). I bought it knowing that the noise was there, but the guy at the shop said it was likely due to the old wiring in his shop (which was a safe assumption). But when I got it home I got the same noise, especially on the Fix'd side. For example, if I engage both Fuzz 1 and Fuzz 2 it's basically impossible to cancel out any noise no matter what I have the knobs turned to. It's less noticeable while I'm playing something, but when I stop it just buzzes. I have it plugged into a AC adapter and into my wall outlet (no power supply yet). This doesn't happen with any of my other pedals. Can anyone help with this? Is it something that I should have Blackout themselves look into?
Attuma

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: My Twosome is giving me a lot of noise/feedback

Postby Clean Channel » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 am

My advice is contact BE and send it to them. I've sent my BE pedals to them for repair in the past and they've always been amazingly quick and helpful.

I think the best way to contact them is the form on the website (not a PM on this forum etc).

Good luck!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Attuma » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks for the reply Clean Channel. I believe this is what I'll do. In all of the stuff I've seen and heard this doesn't seem normal and it's beyond my capabilities to fix it.
Attuma

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby astainback » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Want to try something funny??
I did this with the SST last night.
It was the weirdest thing, and would cut out/off.
I guess it was too much.
haha

By the way.. make sure that your blunderbuss/musket is FIRST (see switch in picture) and that the fixd volume is all the way off.. ease it up.

Try it out.

astainback

interested
interested

Return to Blackout Effectors