Russian Big Muff Mods?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Russian Big Muff Mods?

Postby theshoegazer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:18 am

So I picked up a second Russian Big Muff for cheap of CL. I was thinking about doing a rehouse/mod. I know about the creamy dreamer mod. Any other crazy/weird mods/bends for the pedal? Would a voltage starve sound good?
theshoegazer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Russian Big Muff Mods?

Postby theshoegazer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:57 am

No one? Its just sitting begging to be mangled but I can't find anything on the webs. Momentary feedback switch maybe?
theshoegazer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby letsgocoyote » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:33 am

use a 3pdt toggle switch that lifts one end of allthe 470pf caps and clipping diodes simultaneously. you can use one pole to lift one end of the 470p cap in the first stage, and the 2nd and 3rd poles to lift the diodes and 470p caps int he 2nd and 3rd stages.
then you will have a rowdy overdrive!
letsgocoyote

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby LowWatt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm

theshoegazer wrote:So I picked up a second Russian Big Muff for cheap of CL. I was thinking about doing a rehouse/mod. I know about the creamy dreamer mod. Any other crazy/weird mods/bends for the pedal? Would a voltage starve sound good?

I modded a green russian one with a scooped mids/flat mids/mid-boost switch a few years back. The info for the mod was in the large beaver section of the BYOC forum. I used the GeneralGuitarGadgets green muff schematic (the have ones for the black one too) to figure out what goes where.
LowWatt

committed
committed

Postby Jay Fuji » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 am

Jay Fuji

Postby theshoegazer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:11 am

Jay Fuji wrote:http://rkerkhof.ruhosting.nl/Taas/Mods/Big%20Muff.htm

Awesome link. Thanks!

I'm definitely going to do the feedback mod with a momentary foot switch and the creamy dreamer.
theshoegazer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects