DOD Grunge Bass Fuzz Mod

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

DOD Grunge Bass Fuzz Mod

Postby McSpunckle » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gbeWvv8bZQ

You basically remove 2 capacitors and it becomes a weirdo fuzz pedal with HEWJ lows.

Also, other effects... including a Shake <3 box that didn't work right 'cause i forgot I needed the VFM for those sounds... damnit.

http://www.schematicheaven.com/effects/ ... e_dist.pdf

In the schematic, it's the 15n and 27n capacitors.

Future mods include:

Switches on the diodes (to remove them, or have 2 instead of one... for softer clipping or asymmetrical clipping)
Switch to engage, disengage the 27n capacitor (though that cap will be changed)
Re-working the resonant filter infront of the clipping diodes to boost more in the high-frequency range than the mids
Make the high knob work more in the treble frequencies than high mids
Larger caps for more natural bass response
True Bypass with extra momentary switch on top to work the FET clipping circuit (basically, building a true bypass looper into the pedal and keeping the stock switching system)
Purple LED

Annnd... anything else I can think of.
Last edited by McSpunckle on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McSpunckle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: DOD Grunge Bass Fuzz Mod

Postby McSpunckle » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:43 pm

I just edited the post, yo! Imma fix that. I agree, the footswitch sucks, but unlike boss pedals, it's very easy to install a normal footswitch in these...
McSpunckle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects