Got a Twosome!

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Got a Twosome!

Postby Tydown » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Damn what a great pedal and worth every penny. I got a regular a/b one from a shop in Asheville NC. Anyone care to share their fav fix'd settings or ramble about how great this pedal is? Thanks guys!
Last edited by Tydown on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tydown

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Got a Twosome!

Postby wsas3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Welcome!
I only have/had the musket and blunderbuss, but i've played the fix'd as well and they're all sexy as hell.
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:33 am

I can never settle on one setting for the Fix'd. I mostly run all four stages in the on position with the boost pretty low, tone about 9-10 oclock, fuzz one dimed, and fuzz 2 around 2oclock I think. Sounds like planets collapsing.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sws2h » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm waiting for mine to show up in the mail, I'll let you know what I find. The Dinosaur Jr. song in the Pro Guitar Shop demo sold me. I'm looking forward to trying it out with my Fuzz Factory, but I think they will compliment each other...or I might replace the Fuzz Factory with a Death By Audio pedal (probably the Supersonic Fuzz Gun).
sws2h

involved
involved

Postby funsize » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

I wish I could just take a picture of my settings but I don't have the pedal in front of me right now.

Mostly I use the fix'd for the boost and it sorta depends on the guitar but for a nice thick overdrive that still lets a lot of your true clean tone through is Boost and Tone ON and both fuzz circuits OFF.

Boost ~2:00
Tone ~12:00
Volume ~2:00 (or just past your unity for even break-up)

super fat and VERY reactive to your strumming
funsize

involved
involved

Return to Blackout Effectors