Polytope

Moderator: Taylor Livingston

Polytope

Postby Deltaphoenix » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:21 pm

I am starting to want one bad. Anybody besides excane got some demos they want to share so I explode from GAS.
Last edited by Deltaphoenix on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Polytope

Postby nad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:28 am

I don't need demos to know that I really want one too. Some day it shall happen. Some day... soon.

Those whose nose knows the noes.
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 am

I'd really like to hear a demo of the less-wacky side of this pedal. So far, it's mostly been the really extreme seasick-type stuff, but I want to hear if it will nail that Dimension D kind of multi-voice, no-movement kind of frozen chorus sound. If it can, I will be much more interested because I use the Behringer copy of the DC-2 for my synth stuff.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SmallEQ » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 am

I did a couple of demo tracks using the Polytope as a detuner. There is some other crazy stuff going on using filters, synthy distortions and modulated reverbs, so if you weren't there when I was doing it, it may be hard to know what is the Poly and what is related to the other stuff.

Filter sweeps and lead line have the Polytope doing the detune thing:

On this one I have no idea, but I think the bass line and the lead line have it on it.

This one has it on the bass line, which is being fed through the Xero and the "guitarish" sounding part as well. Sorry about the singing, I did this as a laugh.
SmallEQ

experienced
experienced

Postby madmax1012 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:46 am

this is the first video i've seen in a long time that made me go :drool:

Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hazelwould » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:07 pm

That dude makes THE best videos on the net!
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:13 am

hazelwould wrote:That dude makes THE best videos on the net!

His xerograph vid made me cum oh my god
Fuzz_Pi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Shish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm trying to convince myself that my Pitchfactor can do all that stuff. But it's digital :(
Shish

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby madmax1012 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Chankgeez wrote:

same. mainly because i can see myself playing the shit he does. also, and this is kinda off topic, does anyone here other than me dislike PGS Andy?
Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:37 pm

madmax1012 wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:

same. mainly because i can see myself playing the shit he does. also, and this is kinda off topic, does anyone here other than me dislike PGS Andy?

It's not that I necessarily dislike PGS Andy, but those PGS demos are SO scripted. I think I like demos that fall somewhere in between scripted and total wanking.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby macburn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Shish wrote:I'm trying to convince myself that my Pitchfactor can do all that stuff. But it's digital :(

Polytope is digital too.
I changed my mind about digital pedals since I got my IE Xero and Polytope... It sounds so good!
macburn

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I don't think the Xero is digital.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 am

Yeah Xero is analog dude

And i just cant stand the sound of vibrato or chorus effects, its upsetting, i want to like this pedal, the idea of it sounds so great on paper, then when i hear it... Bleh
Fuzz_Pi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:28 pm

I fucking hated chorus pedals, too. Made me daydream back to Adrian Paul and Highlander shit. The show was cool. But the music sucked ass. Fretless basses suck ass. Anyways, the Chroma Chorus converted me because it doesn't have those wabbles. This thing blows the Chroma Chorus away. I don't really need all the wacky stuff it does (95% of the pedal) but that subtle (5%) is so freaking beautiful.....it just rocks. Totally changed my mind on chorus.

These are some nice demos (sEQ is tearing it up) but they're still a little less shimmery and subtle than I used the polytope for. I'll try to get a demo or two up.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to Iron Ether