Musket: WOAH 0.0

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Musket: WOAH 0.0

Postby electrical » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:27 am

Let me just preface this by saying that for close to two years now, I've been searching for the right fuzz tone. I've been wanting massive wall-of-fuzz tone, but with enough clarity and cut to keep my chords defined (particularly because a lot of my chords are complex and overtone-heavy). I've tried dozens of fuzzes - ranging from modern and vintage Big Muffs to Tone Benders to wacky oscillating fuzzes to cheap (but surprisingly good!) fuzzes. I came close a few times with Big Muffs and some of Smallsound/Bigsound's stuff, but nothing quite sounded like *that* tone. Fast-forward to today, I received a V2 Musket in the mail today. Plugged it in, set some knobs where I thought they might sound good, plugged in just my guitar -> Musket -> Amp, and played an E chord.

WOAH.

THIS is what I've been looking for all along! Big, thick Muff tone, but with more flexibility and control. And it gets that full wall-of-fuzz sound without being too noisy and allowing me to sustain my chords for as long as I like. Creamy, Raw, Smooth, Thick, Rough, Dry, Hollow... any massive fuzz tone I want, at my fingertips. A clean blend might have made things a bit more interesting, but I'm not complaining - I've found my fuzz tone finally, and I'm a happy man.

Great circuit Kyle, you've convinced me.
electrical

committed
committed

Re: Musket: WOAH 0.0

Postby skullservant » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 am

yay!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 am

I love Blunderbuss.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby benjuro » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I love Blunderbuss.

+1 on the Blunderbuss, that sucka cuts a wide path of destruction :evil:
And for clean(er) sounds from a Musket, don't be afraid to mess with the fuzz and pre knobs. Not exactly a clean blend, but there is a WIDE variety of fuzztones in that rifle, and it does provide brilliant low gain fuzz...much better than any other Muff and many of the clones I've used :thumb:
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 pm

The Musket really is a fantastic muff. The mids and focus knobs were what I was looking for for the longest time in a muff pedal.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AndyTran » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm

I have a blunderbuss for sale, BTW.
AndyTran

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:00 am

AndyTran wrote:I have a blunderbuss for sale, BTW.

And it sold rather quickly, feets on the side and all, didn't it?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Of all the pedals I've tried, the Musket is still the one that delivered the biggest thrill right out of the box. So many pedals, you need to fool around with before you find the best sounds. The Musket sounds great at every setting.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AndyTran » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
AndyTran wrote:I have a blunderbuss for sale, BTW.

And it sold rather quickly, feets on the side and all, didn't it?

Man, I love ILF. :D
AndyTran

committed
committed

Postby wsas3 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Wonder who that blunderbuss is going to ;)
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 pm

wsas3 wrote:Wonder who that blunderbuss is going to ;)

Good buy.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wsas3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Just plugged in the blunderbuss. WOW! This thing is nuts. I compared it side by side to my normal v2 musket, and I don't really want to get rid of either haha.
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby benjuro » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 am

wsas3 wrote:Just plugged in the blunderbuss. WOW! This thing is nuts. I compared it side by side to my normal v2 musket, and I don't really want to get rid of either haha.

:thumb:
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Love this thread.

I got one of the VSTwosomes when they came out back in 2010, and it hasn't budged from my board. All of my fuzz dreams come true in one pedal!

Every once in a while I just set up, turn knobs, and spend a good few hours playing with all the various tones I can dial in, it's the only way I can keep them all straight in my head!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby benjuro » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:51 am

Seriously, I dial in mad toanz with both Blunderbuss and Musket on a regular basis, turn some knobz and then forget how I had it set.

benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Blackout Effectors