Let's see your BASS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BASS!

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:06 pm

devnulljp wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:I don't have a bass... :p :p :p :p :p :p
hey, how's that Multivox bass pedal? There's only one vid on youtube and it kinda sounds like plink bup plink bup plink ... and not in a good way.
Can you interface it with another synth (like the Moog mini Taurus for example)

It is rather cool, It is rather basic on sounds but it is phat as fuck! but I don't use it on it's own, it always goes though pedals. No you can't really interface it, it has one CV in and a trigger in and that's it, and they don't do "that" much.

Vids.. You saw mine? [shitty phone cam crap..]

And here is a song I am working on where it is the main synth/bass [it's going though a shit-ton of pedals]
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Grrface » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:24 pm

MSUsousaphone wrote:That's gotta be crazy weird switching between that one with the slanted frets and one with straight ones. Cool ass bass. I love my fiver but I'm not sure I could handle a sixer. My hands be so tiny.

Seeing as how I played Behndzor's bass last week, it wasn't all that weird. It made the 1-6 frets feel like a huge stretch moving around, but wasn't too bad. I was getting more lost due to the fact that it was a 6 string, as opposed to the slanty frets.
Grrface

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:32 pm

behndy wrote:
Haki wrote:You should post those anyways, might help them get sold. Jwarwarrawr is looking for a decent 5er.

gah. i just hate shipping basses. it's like at LEAST $100 unless you take the neck off. annoying. going to get around to listing them in CL and i guess here and TB for local pickup unless someone WANTS to pay the ridiculous shipping.

I sold a bass last year and it was like 50 bucks to ship it. Made the buyer pay the shipping costs and everything. It's actually not as hard as one would think. Just go to Guitar Center and ask them for some of their old bass boxes. Dudes in my area are more than happy to get rid of that shit. I just loosened the strings, bubble wrapped the shit out of the head stock and put some packing peanuts in the box with the bass. Got there in perfect condition. I believe I shipped mine to Cali too. So yea. Sell them shits bro!

Here's my basses right now. I have another one, but it's only got two string on it. I use it to test effects that I'm trying to build.

Jackson 5 string. I've had this bitch for fuck...8 years I think. Great bass. The pots are a little scratchy, but not horrible. The neck on this thing play like a dream. At least for me it does. LOVE it.

Me main bass. Musicman 25th Anniversary HSS. Probably the nicest bass I've ever owned. Great tone, awesome, awesome, awesome. Why the fuck was I thinking of flipping this?

Here's a pic of me at my old house thinking about banging my bass.

Bass that are no more. The sadness....
Fretless 5'er I had for like a week. Took it back to GC when I determined (with the help of some TB'ers) that it wasn't an original fretless, which fucks the value of it. Damn cool bass though. I should have fucking kept it. Played AMAZING.

Fender MIM of some sort...this is the one I sold. It was aight.

My beloved Bongo. God I miss this bass. Why the fuck do I sell everything. :picard:

My beloved Stingray HH. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Traded this for the Bongo.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby SmallEQ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

FYI, You should keep the neck at tension when shipping.
SmallEQ

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:38 pm

where did you ship for $50? out here it's like $80 or so at USPS and $100 at USP/FedEx for bass size/weight shipping. durn it.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:40 pm

When I sold my T-40 a few years ago, I shipped it UPS for like 60-70 or so.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:01 pm

This was a First Act Custom Shop Bass that I had for a bit. It was really awesome, looked like a Mosrite and played like a P Bass. I bought off Against Me!'s Bass player Andrew. He is a cool dude, he just got a Verillian MeatSmoke that I want to go try out.

behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DuoSonicII » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 pm

SmallEQ wrote:FYI, You should keep the neck at tension when shipping.

You mean under string tension? What's the reasoning behind this? I've always heard the exact opposite. Makes sense to me that damage to the bass anywhere along the string path would be exacerbated by the strings being under tension. Ever since I read the "how to ship an instrument" chapter of Dan Erlewine's book and saw that he agreed with the "always slack the strings before shipping" method, I've taken it as gospel.

:idk:
SPACERITUAL wrote:I had sex with another black girl last night. When i went to sleep i had a dream that thomas jefferson highfived me.

Good deals with: onthetundra, fuzzmax, starcastic, Lintybits
DuoSonicII

experienced
experienced

Postby DuoSonicII » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Here's my main bass, a '96 T-Bird:

In 13 years of playing, I've never bonded with a bass like I have with this one...and I've been through a bunch. It's my baby.

I have a bunch of others, mostly weirdo cheapies, need to dig around for pics.
SPACERITUAL wrote:I had sex with another black girl last night. When i went to sleep i had a dream that thomas jefferson highfived me.

Good deals with: onthetundra, fuzzmax, starcastic, Lintybits
DuoSonicII

experienced
experienced

Postby warwick.hoy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 pm

This is probably something you could argue about all night long and still not come up with any conclusions.

I'm sure having the strings tuned up,...or loosened or not there at all will have some sort of effect, perhaps on relief and twisting and what not...but to me if something traumatic enough happens to a bass while in transit,...no amount of precaution is going to keep it from breaking.

The best you can do is ship insured and be prepared for there to be a hassle if something happens.

If I bought a bass off of someone and they told me that the bass would be shipped with the neck detached,...I'd be cool with that.
Last edited by warwick.hoy on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behndy wrote:"huh. i'm on acid."

Noiseprov/Pedalcore:
Mecha Shiva on Soundcloud.

WHY DID JOHNNY KILL? on Bandcamp. <--Beer Fund

Good Dealings with: futuresailors, Eric!, Multi_S, hatshirt, leastwise, Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D
warwick.hoy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The4455 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 pm

My lakland
Attachments
100_2895.JPG
100_2896.JPG
"The future is the past not yet written!"
The4455

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sylnau » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:Image

This one made me smile.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kellanium » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Six-string basses are only for posers and pretentious funk players. ;)
snipelfritz wrote:We're like those friends who are a bad influence and get you to do drugs...and they're REALLY good drugs.

Fuzzy Fred wrote:YO IM OUT OF LUBE IS IT OKAY IF I USE WALMART BRAND CRISCO?

Get in on the ILF Mixtape Swap!
Kellanium

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 pm

straight. up. TRUTH.

i suck at funk so i guess i'm the other thing. yay!
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Kellanium » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 pm

In all seriousness, though, how often do you use that extra 4th that it gives you?
snipelfritz wrote:We're like those friends who are a bad influence and get you to do drugs...and they're REALLY good drugs.

Fuzzy Fred wrote:YO IM OUT OF LUBE IS IT OKAY IF I USE WALMART BRAND CRISCO?

Get in on the ILF Mixtape Swap!
Kellanium

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass