>>B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!<< READ BEFORE POSTING

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: >>B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!<< READ BEFORE POST

Postby nieh » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:40 pm

I deleted it because I posted it before I read Tom's post in General Discussion... :lol:
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 pm

nieh wrote:I deleted it because I posted it before I read Tom's post in General Discussion... :lol:

Yeah, I read Tom's VH post right after I last posted in this thread. :lol: :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Schlatte » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:56 am

Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby modernage » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:17 pm

The Velvet Hammer wrote:
the_carl wrote:While we're at it, people know about the "bump topic" button, right? It gets kind of annoying to read through a b/s/t thread where there's 50 replies and 45 of them are the seller posting "bump" or the like.

Super-excessive post-bumping (not using the bump button) will get your shit deleted.

Also, please remember:

The Velvet Hammer wrote:
RULES:
--c) No manufacturers / direct sales of new pedals. You can post here if you're an active ILF member (50+ posts) offering a small-scale service (such as, if you mod a few pedals in your spare time, paint enclosures on a small scale, sew pillows, make paintings, etc...but not if you are using the B/S/T for a business, have a tied-in website, etc.

B/S/T is for used pedals. No sales of new pedals, new clones, or DIY pedals that are built by the user selling them.

Tom Dalton wrote:
amorphous wrote:que?

Standard rule in most forums...because otherwise, the B/S/T gets clogged up with spam and ads. It's a place for private, person-to-person sales/trades of used pedals.

Builder spam is allowed on ILF, but goes in the Shark Tank. That way it's separate, so users don't have to wade through ads (and users can choose whether to see the ads by going to the Shark Tank, so it's not technically spam).

Also, ILF's B/S/T is a free service (unlike some forums). Builders who want to advertise can do so in the Shark Tank, and they chip in a little money to help cover ILF hosting costs. I think it's a fair system, and keeps things clearly organized.

This guy is going to be a joy to have around. :whateva:
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nieh » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 am

Schlatte wrote:
Fuzzy Picklez wrote:Velvet hammer?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... t%20hammer
:lol:

:lol:
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:59 am

Who is this mystery person!!!!!!!!!! :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Suggestion:
Don't use PayPal.
http://consumerist.com/2012/01/paypal-t ... efund.html
Use Dwolla.
https://www.dwolla.com/
They only charge 25 cents per transaction and aren't dicks.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ilikewater » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Ilikewater

experienced
experienced

Postby Cody_Pole » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Can I make a tiny suggestion, when you have several items up for sale/trade and one is sold/traded could you be
a lamb when your editing your thread and also edit the title by removing the sold/traded pedal. :idk:

I only ask cuz it seems lately I'll click on a thread topic with an interest in a pedal I then find out has been sold/traded. :mad:
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Cody_Pole wrote:Can I make a tiny suggestion, when you have several items up for sale/trade and one is sold/traded could you be
a lamb when your editing your thread and also edit the title by removing the sold/traded pedal. :idk:

I only ask cuz it seems lately I'll click on a thread topic with an interest in a pedal I then find out has been sold/traded. :mad:
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby wsas3 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Seriously, people should get temp-banned for that shit.
What seller thinks that they'll click a thread and go "Oh, the pedal I want is sold... Might as well buy a random pedal since I'm already here."
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby the_carl » Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Some general shipping tips I've realized other people might not know about:

-USPS will ship you up to 500 boxes per year, completely free, in a wide variety of sizes. If you're running low on boxes, you can just order a bunch online and have fresh boxes whenever you need them.

-Paying for your packages online gets you a small discount on the rate (like $0.50-$1.00 per package) and free delivery confirmation (usually $0.75). If you have your own postage scale, which you can get for ~$10-$15, you'll end up saving money in the long run. Or even if you just use flat rate boxes all the time, you'll still end up saving $1.25 per box and have less of a wait at the post office by printing the labels at home.
the_carl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:55 pm

phantasmagorovich wrote:The bump topic button? I actually like when people bump their thread, most do it in original ways.

What about when it's boring/quoted/multiple-a-day? There's a limit on self-bumps on Talkbass, pretty sure it's one a day, and that would make sense to implement here, because the Bump Topic button shows up only once a day, too.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Casavettes » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 am

Think it should be noted, unless it's already been said, that when posting pictures of said equipment to refrain from using a bunch of filters to make it look like its on instagram or something. The picture should be pretty straight forward without anything enhancing it.
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ChetMagongalo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Noob question here:
I've never bought anything off a forum before, but I've bought lots of stuff off the eBay and craigslist. What's the best/safest way to buy things around here?
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Buy / Sell / Trade