New fuzz reviewer in town, FuzzBoxGirl

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New fuzz reviewer in town, FuzzBoxGirl

Postby Fuzzy Fred » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:26 pm

aen wrote:Psssh. I threw down the sex gauntlet ages ago, and aint nobody come close yet.

I have just died a thousand deaths, but even through that disturbing, and I mean disturbing advertisement, I still want your pedals.

Is something wrong with me?
So this turned into another devi thread...
Fuzzy Fred

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aens_wife » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 pm

I had never watched that video. Fucking hilarious.

But seriously, how come I don't get that kind of treatment at home? No strip tease for me? (insert puppy eyes here)
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:47 pm

aens_wife wrote:I had never watched that video. Fucking hilarious.

But seriously, how come I don't get that kind of treatment at home? No strip tease for me? (insert puppy eyes here)

:lol:
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby CBA » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:09 am

I also give :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: to FuzzBoxGirl.

Straight goodness to you for having an idea and then doing it. I'm not a HUGE part of this board, but I'm slightly embarrassed that you've gotten some guff for what you're doing. I won't make any claims as to what other people are feeling or their reasons for disliking you... to me, what you're doing is hotness + fun so yes. If you truly are just a girl that likes to make fun demos in your own sexy style... excellent.

If it turns out that this is some sort of ersatz scheme where it's really like some huge gearhead dude that has his girlfriend do sexy voice-overs on demos that he's created... that's different.

But if everything that FBG (already with the acronyms) says is true... then KEEP IT UP.

C
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby grindonomicon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:56 am

aens_wife wrote:I had never watched that video. Fucking hilarious.

It's a known fact that we men are only able to express our sensual sides to complete strangers on the interwebz. :lol:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:46 pm

That video demo Aen made is on a'whole'nother level. I laughed solid through the first 1:15. No need to exercise today!
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aen » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 am

blooghost wrote:I Now some may make the argument that the gear should stand on its own. And the sexpot image somehow "cheapens" the demo. Well,did it ever occur to anyone that FuzzboxGirl might just like sex? There's certainly nothing wrong with that,right? Has anyone ever had mutually consensual sex and thought"ZOMFG,what have I done?!"(barring a few drunken liaisons,maybe). Whether the sex thing is just a means of self promotion or not,it doesn't matter. And I agree with PP that "FuzzboxGirl" is enough to make anyone here watch these vids. But,we're mostly adults here,right? I can personally vouch for sex/sensuality and say "the worst I ever had was wonderful".

Ok, I've read most of the thread, and I guess this is a good enough spot to jump in. My wife and I have been talking about this, and it's a fucking mess. The problems the FBG phenomenon presents are these.

This is clearly some kind of marketing. Whether it's actually FBG trying to score gear, or as I suspect, something Premier Guitar related, this is marketing, cut and dried. How do I know? I have a bullshit detector, and it never ever EVER gives a false positive. How do you get a bullshit detector? Get raised by a bullshitter and then spend your whole life bullshitting.
While I don't have a problem with sex, or sexuality, even in marketing, it's a question of how that sex got there. When I take my shirt off and shake my tits, it's funny, and I did it because I know my hairy tits are funny. If I thought I could actually turn you nerds on with my body, I might do it.
But FBG seems like puppetry in some ways. If she is just a gal who wants gear, it's a god damn shame that she had to show skin to get it. Gearmandude gets plenty of free shit, because dudes take other dudes seriously. dudes do NOT take women seriously ESPECIALLY in music. Yep, I'm generalizing, suck it. I'm sure there's any number of lovely guys out there who are totally unbiased. except not. Usually we don't even realize we're doing it until it's too late. Even when we men "joke" it shows a great disrespect, and it doesnt really matter if she's real or some fat dude who wants to sell us something.
I don't think there's a real understanding for most males, especially single young-ish ones, as to how sexist the world is. If you really don't believe that women are treated as second class citizens, you need to wake the hell up. These knee-jerk sexually charged reactions are the reason why there are so few women in music.
Though she is certainly inviting some sexual responses, FBG herself is not the greater problem here. Some of the reactions have been pretty gross (more so in the Offsetguitars.com discussion). If we can take a look at ourselves as men and our relationships and interactions with the women around us, then maybe this whole Fuzz Box Girl debacle can be a good thing.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:15 am

aen wrote:
blooghost wrote:I Now some may make the argument that the gear should stand on its own. And the sexpot image somehow "cheapens" the demo. Well,did it ever occur to anyone that FuzzboxGirl might just like sex? There's certainly nothing wrong with that,right? Has anyone ever had mutually consensual sex and thought"ZOMFG,what have I done?!"(barring a few drunken liaisons,maybe). Whether the sex thing is just a means of self promotion or not,it doesn't matter. And I agree with PP that "FuzzboxGirl" is enough to make anyone here watch these vids. But,we're mostly adults here,right? I can personally vouch for sex/sensuality and say "the worst I ever had was wonderful".

Ok, I've read most of the thread, and I guess this is a good enough spot to jump in. My wife and I have been talking about this, and it's a fucking mess. The problems the FBG phenomenon presents are these.

This is clearly some kind of marketing. Whether it's actually FBG trying to score gear, or as I suspect, something Premier Guitar related, this is marketing, cut and dried. How do I know? I have a bullshit detector, and it never ever EVER gives a false positive. How do you get a bullshit detector? Get raised by a bullshitter and then spend your whole life bullshitting.
While I don't have a problem with sex, or sexuality, even in marketing, it's a question of how that sex got there. When I take my shirt off and shake my tits, it's funny, and I did it because I know my hairy tits are funny. If I thought I could actually turn you nerds on with my body, I might do it.
But FBG seems like puppetry in some ways. If she is just a gal who wants gear, it's a god damn shame that she had to show skin to get it. Gearmandude gets plenty of free shit, because dudes take other dudes seriously. dudes do NOT take women seriously ESPECIALLY in music. Yep, I'm generalizing, suck it. I'm sure there's any number of lovely guys out there who are totally unbiased. except not. Usually we don't even realize we're doing it until it's too late. Even when we men "joke" it shows a great disrespect, and it doesnt really matter if she's real or some fat dude who wants to sell us something.
I don't think there's a real understanding for most males, especially single young-ish ones, as to how sexist the world is. If you really don't believe that women are treated as second class citizens, you need to wake the hell up. These knee-jerk sexually charged reactions are the reason why there are so few women in music.
Though she is certainly inviting some sexual responses, FBG herself is not the greater problem here. Some of the reactions have been pretty gross (more so in the Offsetguitars.com discussion). If we can take a look at ourselves as men and our relationships and interactions with the women around us, then maybe this whole Fuzz Box Girl debacle can be a good thing.

Honestly,Aen,I'm more ashamed of all the bad jokes that have come about after she received an invite from forum members. Not doubting the accuracy of yr bullshit detector. But there seems to be a catch 22 of"Hey Fuzzboxgirl-show me yr bewbz" vs. a standard that we hold women to(and we're just as wrong for,IMO) of "Put yr long denim pentacostal skirt on and rawrk like a proper lady". And what's actually the lesser of 2 evils? I think,in some instances,you and I agree on some things(?). But is it more sexist to say "heehhee,BIg Muff",or "represent the ladies all proper like and cover yrself"? In my most honest of opinions,one is not greater than the other in terms of sexism.
And I'm quite aware that sexism is alive and well. But I can't wrap my brain around FBG having to work that particular angle. The fact that this is considered such a novel thing is perplexing to me,as ultimately,she's a woman who plays guitar :idk: And,I'm engaged,living with my bride-to-be,and respect not just women,but anyone(or I try to)until they give me a reason not to,y'know? My 2 cents,FWIW,
Peace.
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby plhogan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:32 am

aen wrote:I don't think there's a real understanding for most males, especially single young-ish ones, as to how sexist the world is. If you really don't believe that women are treated as second class citizens, you need to wake the hell up. These knee-jerk sexually charged reactions are the reason why there are so few women in music.
plhogan

experienced
experienced

Postby plhogan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 am

Oh and screw you Aen for being so articulate and building awesome pedals. God's only supposed to give with one hand, jerk.
plhogan

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:00 am

my $0.01: in 21st Century America people are either surprised OR offended by the idea that a woman uses her sexuality as a way to market her product, said product being her reviews? especially members of a forum where people talk about fapping to anime? further, does the fact that FBG uses sexuality as part of her marketing schtick somehow entitle other folks to be rude to her? not that FBG is comparable, but if you went to a strip club, where women are most assuredly marketing their sexuality AS the product, would you be rude to them? so what makes it all right here? i'm just sayin'.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby devnulljp » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:10 am

Its all over now. Photographic evidence to answer the question: Who is FuzzBoxGirl?

Judge for yourself...

NSFW: show
Good deals done with all these guys
Canada, we put the "u" in satire
devnulljp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:14 am

aen wrote:

:thumb:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby devi ever » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:30 am

Wait... what's this about FBG and Premiere Guitar?

Also... Aen, I love you to death, but you're going to LOL once you see some things developing with her and stuff I can't talk about yet in a few weeks.

I'm kind of offended you're calling BS on something I'm supporting whole heartedly.... but then again, I know a little more about it than you... so... you'll see. ;)
This message is most likely very old, so things said here probably don't apply to the current state of all things devi ever. As always, you can visit www.deviever.com for the latest on devi ever related projects.
devi ever

experienced
experienced

Postby devi ever » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:36 am

Also... there's no BS in regards to her using sexuality to get attention... she's not exactly ignorant to how such things can draw people in... but she's also not overshadowing the demo's with sexuality either.

Calling "BS" on FBG for enhancing her demo's with a little sexual flirtation is as rediculous as someone saying the same thing about your demo's and the rediculous humor you interject into them, or the fact that I'm always incredibly straight forward and unproduced with my demo's, or PGS and their use of classic riffs, or GMD and his southern charm.

We all have a style we run with... FBG's involved a very traditional Carbaret sensibility... and the fact so many people are shocked by this says a lot more about the people freaking out about it than it does about FBG.
This message is most likely very old, so things said here probably don't apply to the current state of all things devi ever. As always, you can visit www.deviever.com for the latest on devi ever related projects.
devi ever

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion