mantra low gain mod still available?

Postby vick-alogalis » Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 am

So? :poke:

And how much do these guys go for?

Thanx alot
vick-alogalis

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: mantra low gain mod still available?

Postby AndyTran » Mon May 09, 2011 9:13 pm

You can talk to Kyle and for (I think) thirty bucks more you can get the low gain mod on a new Mantra.
AndyTran

committed
committed

Postby blackout_kyle » Tue May 10, 2011 9:39 am

AndyTran wrote:You can talk to Kyle and for (I think) thirty bucks more you can get the low gain mod on a new Mantra.

This is correct. At the moment we don't have the option listed on the website, so you have to contact us directly to arrange it. One correction though, we've started doing the mod for $20 when buying a new Mantra directly from us or $30 if you want to send in a Mantra you already own.
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Postby Astricii » Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 am

How different is the low gain mod VS running at 18v for higher headroom?
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby Clean Channel » Fri May 13, 2011 10:18 am

Very different. I have the low gain mod, and I run it at 18v. In low gain mode it goes from no OD through to light-medium gain when cranked. It's a lighter, less layered OD than the high gain mode. Sounds great alone, and is fun to stack with another OD or a slightly driven amp.

In high gain mode the OD is thicker and goes all the way up to fuzz-like levels, even when running 18v.

For the extra twenty bucks, it really adds a lot more versatility to the pedal; I'd recommend getting the mod if you're picking up a new Mantra.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jet Age Eric » Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah, voltage doesn't change the essential character of the two modes. To me the low-gain mode is more amp-like; I LOVE my amp (BF-type custom build), but I now tend to leave the Mantra on when I'm playing at home 'cause it's just so fun. -E
Jet Age Eric

interested
interested

Postby Clean Channel » Thu May 19, 2011 10:28 am

For anyone who has the Mantra with low gain mod and a Musket, here's a great sounding lead tone:

Run the Musket first, and roll back on the guitar's volume knob quite a bit, cleaning up the fuzz to that beautiful fuzz/ODish sound it can get at low input volumes. Then after that, stack the Mantra in low gain mode with the gain set to a little bit of hair (or maybe a bit more than that). Dial in the tone on the Mantra to your liking (I like to crank the treble).

Enjoy!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jet Age Eric » Thu May 19, 2011 3:31 pm

+1 on treble cranking. I keep describing it as Marshall-y, but the top is almost Vox-y. Kyle, how do you do it?! -E

Clean Channel wrote:For anyone who has the Mantra with low gain mod and a Musket, here's a great sounding lead tone:

Run the Musket first, and roll back on the guitar's volume knob quite a bit, cleaning up the fuzz to that beautiful fuzz/ODish sound it can get at low input volumes. Then after that, stack the Mantra in low gain mode with the gain set to a little bit of hair (or maybe a bit more than that). Dial in the tone on the Mantra to your liking (I like to crank the treble).

Enjoy!
Jet Age Eric

interested
interested

Postby honestengine » Fri May 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey Kyle- just sent you a message through your site about getting one like this. Let me know the details when you have a moment, thanks. -Adam
honestengine

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby blackout_kyle » Fri May 20, 2011 12:47 pm

honestengine wrote:Hey Kyle- just sent you a message through your site about getting one like this. Let me know the details when you have a moment, thanks. -Adam

REsponded.
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Tue May 31, 2011 3:48 pm

REsponsive--iloveblackouteffectors. Finally got the gumption to ship off my beloved Mantra No. 95 for the low gain mod last Wednesday, and just got the word that the deed is already DONE! :!!!: Now it's all down to the Post & Horn gang--can't wait to hear what sweet sounds are yet to come--thanks Kyle and Co.!
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blackout_kyle » Tue May 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Dandolin wrote:REsponsive--iloveblackouteffectors. Finally got the gumption to ship off my beloved Mantra No. 95 for the low gain mod last Wednesday, and just got the word that the deed is already DONE! :!!!: Now it's all down to the Post & Horn gang--can't wait to hear what sweet sounds are yet to come--thanks Kyle and Co.!

You are very welcome.
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Postby Jet Age Eric » Tue May 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Please report back, that I may have the satisfaction of having my opinion validated (he said confidently). :) -E

Dandolin wrote:REsponsive--iloveblackouteffectors. Finally got the gumption to ship off my beloved Mantra No. 95 for the low gain mod last Wednesday, and just got the word that the deed is already DONE! :!!!: Now it's all down to the Post & Horn gang--can't wait to hear what sweet sounds are yet to come--thanks Kyle and Co.!
Jet Age Eric

interested
interested

Postby Clean Channel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:15 pm

With all the chatter about the Low Gain mod and the Mantra in general, I whipped up a demo (note that I demo'd all aspects of the pedal, and the low gain stuff is in the second half of the video):

http://youtu.be/hF-sCmSY_JY
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kosta » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Nice demo man! All kinds of great sounds in there. Digging that low gain mode.

Clean Channel's demo:
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Blackout Effectors