Let's see your AMP!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby Pirate » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:09 pm

:omg: HOLY SHIT :omg:

Do children and small animals die when your band plays?
Last edited by Pirate on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate

committed
committed

Postby Pirate » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:11 pm

PumpkinPieces wrote:
Pirate wrote:
PumpkinPieces wrote:Hot Damn, there's a bassman head for sale at my guitar shop.... buts its way more expensive than what people ask for on forums. :mope:

How much?All the ones at my shop are around $500-$700

The cheapest one being because its in really bad cosmetic condition and the on thats $700 is soo mint it could be considered NOS.

http://elderly.com/vintage/names/fender ... ad-(c.1968)--130U-8555.htm

I know the link ends at 1968 but copy the whole thing and paste it or it won't work.

Thats a decent price for one in that condition.My shop has about 5 or 6 of em,hopefully they will still be there in april when I get the moneys to buy em.Silverface Bassmans(men?) rawk!
Pirate

committed
committed

Postby ronripper » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:15 pm

Pirate wrote::omg: HOLY SHIT :omg:

Do children and small animals die when your band plays?

Actually some girl brought a parrot to one of our shows once....it freaked out.

Pretty awesome.
ronripper

committed
committed

Postby the raytownian » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:12 am

That bass setup is beautiful.
---
Anyway, wouldn't you know, right after I buy a shtty First Act 10-watt, I find this awesome deal: http://huntsville.craigslist.org/msg/937066708.html
(Well, that's pretty mother-fucking awesome by my standards, at least). The guy was pretty clear that it's all functioning as it should when I asked...

I haven't recieved it yet, but I let him know I want to buy it off him. WOO! This seems like the perfect amp for home playing and the rare get-together, which is all I ever have... I think it'd even suffice for gigs, though... My guess is this was their answer to the Jazz Chorus or something (similar name/design...) As long as it works, I'm fucking "stoked"...

What's cool is now I'll be able to play around with the two amps and amp placement, and the small 10-watt is still pretty perfect for busking gigs!

HURRAH!
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bunnycat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:52 pm

I love my baby.
IMG_0530.JPG

She used to belong to the Phenomenauts (that's where she picked up her charming future/retro rockabilly personality).
She's of the late 70's/early 80's vintage, with the stereo chorus that.... well, it melts the sound much like how the air gets all shimmery & wavy on a hot summer day.
Gorgeous with my SH-2, with OSC2 slightly detuned.
Music is prophecy... It makes audible the new world that will gradually become visible, that will impose itself and regulate the order of things; it is not only the image of things, but the transcending of the everyday, the herald of the future. - - Jacques Attali
bunnycat

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby wunder rocket » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:23 am

New Bassman I just traded my Orange Tiny Terror for a couple weeks ago.
myspace.com/wunderrocket
wunder rocket

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Ghost Hip » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:35 am

mmmmm Fender tweed, whether its an amp or a guitar case, it can't be beat for classic looks. :thumb:
Last edited by Ghost Hip on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby the raytownian » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 pm

I went just past the TN border to pick this up today. 'tis nice... Very good clean sound.

But I hate meeting strangers... I always come away thinking they get the impression that I'm mean or unfriendly because I'm shy and don't communicate very well... He offered to let me try the amp out, and I just said I didn't want to embarass myself, haha... I gave him $80 because I had 20's and he said he was trying to make some money because he has a new baby and what not, And I felt I owed him for taking all week to finish the transaction.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby metalmariachi » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:51 pm

the raytownian wrote:Image

I went just past the TN border to pick this up today. 'tis nice... Very good clean sound.

But I hate meeting strangers... I always come away thinking they get the impression that I'm mean or unfriendly because I'm shy and don't communicate very well... He offered to let me try the amp out, and I just said I didn't want to embarass myself, haha... I gave him $80 because I had 20's and he said he was trying to make some money because he has a new baby and what not, And I felt I owed him for taking all week to finish the transaction.

I'm extremely shy myself, but have learned to compensate.
Now I make myself go up and talk to people and pretend I'm not shy.
It works, although not every one wants me to talk to them.

Btw; I have met some famous people that way, found that when you talk to them like they are just anybody else they respond very well.

Bunny; love the Jazz chorus, the first really good sounding ss amp. They always looked to me like they designed the amp and then couldn't find a cabinet so used an old steamer trunk they found.

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bunnycat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:36 am

MM -

I once served James Iha and Melissa Auf der Maur breakfast when I was a waitress/barista at the Pick Me Up Cafe in Chicago. There was a brief moment of adrenaline rush (I'm definitely an SP fan from back in the day) but I just defaulted to waitress mode and let my routine take over while I silently kind of freaked out in my head. Toward the end of their breakfast (I was probably giving them their check) James asked me if I knew who the guy outside was, and pointed across the street to a homeless man that often came into the cafe to warm up (GOD Chicago is cold & windy). I told him about Bob and that he was a really nice guy, and there was this sudden realization that James Iha and I were having a casual conversation without all of that weird "OMG, I'm such a fan" stuff. And that made me really happy. Of course, I couldn't resist drawing a little star on their receipt and writing "Bug Superstar" under it (a reference to an early song/video from "Viewphoria" he'd made about his dog Bug - a name I had bestowed upon my own German Shepherd puppy). When they'd left and I picked up the check I noticed that he'd torn that part off and kept it. And yes, that pretty much made my year.

Oh, and you're right - the early JC amps *totally* look like steamer trunks! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but that's so it! God I love 70's and 80's Roland gear. So cute, and it just sounds warm and amazing.
Music is prophecy... It makes audible the new world that will gradually become visible, that will impose itself and regulate the order of things; it is not only the image of things, but the transcending of the everyday, the herald of the future. - - Jacques Attali
bunnycat

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby dronemachine » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Here's my baby :love:
Attachments
100_6008.JPG
100_6005.JPG
dronemachine

committed
committed

Postby metalmariachi » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:38 am

l aways liked the Bassman as a guitar amp.

The 2x12 cabinet sounds killer with a Showman too.

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dronemachine » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:36 am

metalmariachi wrote:l aways liked the Bassman as a guitar amp.

The 2x12 cabinet sounds killer with a Showman too.

MM

Yeah,it's ironic that bassman became a legendary amplifier for a guitar...I think it's still decent for bass guitar,though :hello:
dronemachine

committed
committed

Postby metalmariachi » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:53 am

I always thought the Showman made a better bass amp.
A bit more clean head room and better note definition.
especially the early white ones. I'm also a sucker for tremolo with bass though.

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Mah amp, sitting proudly atop my new cab! The cab was a Christmas present from my bandmate - we had salvaged some Hartke 10 inch speakers from a friend, and I left them in my bandmate's basement until we could figure out what to do with 'em. Without my knowledge, he went and built 'em into a purty little enclosure, built to the dimensions of a Trace Elliot 2x10. I've only fired it up once so far, but it certainly packs plenty of punch for a 2x10. I can hardly wait to add my existing 4x10 to the mix...

jrmyamp.jpg
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear