FuzzHugger can be found at FuzzHugger

Moderator: FuzzHugger

FuzzHugger can be found at FuzzHugger

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Like the early days, FuzzHugger is available at FuzzHugger.com and Tom@FuzzHugger.com

Belated announcement, but in early 2020, I stopped doing wholesale. So instead of semi-production, I'm now solely custom, handcrafted art house fuzz. :lol:
Thanks to all the dealers I worked with for years, who were always kind, positive, and encouraging. :thumb: :hug:

This was my choice, and not financial or pandemic related...TL;DR, skipping the gory details and confluence of factors in this decision, it can be boiled down to TIME. And how I want/need to spend it.

Wholesale was only ever supposed to be a side-thing (when, in my 20s, I had time to work every waking minute), and in the early years to get established (oddly, and sadly, by companies that no longer exist).
But it ended up taking most of my time and mental bandwidth.

My options were to take full control of what I do when, and double-down on what I do best...
Or outsource parts of the progress, assembly line, be someone's boss--all so I can productionize handmade pedals meant to stand apart from production pedals. There's nothing wrong with being a boss, or with outsourcing parts of the process, it just doesn't interest me, and FuzzHugger wasn't conceived as such. I'm an artist, not a businessman.

So I renegotiated my contract with myself.
I fixed...the glitch.
I'm doing what I do best, on my time.

Stay tuned.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: FuzzHugger can be found at FuzzHugger

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:55 pm

:thumb: :hug: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:19 pm

FuzzHugger wrote:Thanks to all the dealers I worked with for years, who were always kind, positive, and encouraging. :thumb: :hug:

Of course excluding that guy who threatened to sue me, who can GET FUCKED.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:30 pm

So I am more available for emails again, and hope to continue to be going forward.

I've always kept up with essential troubleshooting, repair, and important order-related emails...but it got to where I couldn't answer basically anything else.

(Aside from not having the time necessary to properly respond to everything, emails pile, drafts get started and forgotten, new emails pile... I developed severe email induced anxiety and many days could only see walls of text I couldn't comprehend, even re-reading several times... Maybe you've got to experience sending and receiving tens of thousands of emails to understand.)

I still could spend far too long on email a day. So building and any repairs take precedence.

I may open up a text line to encourage shorter messages and quicker replies. :lol:
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:29 am

Sounds like you've made the right decision, Tom! Sometimes it's important to take a step back, reevaluate, and take control of your life. :hug:

Looking forward to seeing (and playing) more of your custom handcrafted arthouse fuzz in the future! :!!!:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:08 am

FuzzHugger wrote:
FuzzHugger wrote:Thanks to all the dealers I worked with for years, who were always kind, positive, and encouraging. :thumb: :hug:

Yeah sorry about that Tom. I gotta stop doing that.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:45 am

Congrats Tom! Sounds like a good decision for the future of fuzz(hugger)! :!!!:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 am

goroth wrote:
FuzzHugger wrote:

Yeah sorry about that Tom. I gotta stop doing that.

:lol:
To be clear, I brought that up as a joke, not out of actual anger...even when that happened, it was nothing but funny and baffling.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Congrats Tom! Sounds like a good decision for the future of fuzz(hugger)! :!!!:

:) It took months of thought and planning, but by the time I made the call, it really did feel like my only option.

Even while stuck in the dealer loop, I was making incremental improvements, but now I can finally bring some things off the backburner and go wherever inspiration leads.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby Velcro Bottom » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:44 am

Good on ya.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:35 pm

ooh - looking forward to this! :joy:
glad you're able to turn your focus to what works for you! :hug:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:49 am

You still got the schem for that Ant Hill overdrive Tom?

I think that is what it was called...
?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:16 am

Man, that thing is sweet :poke:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:49 am

You've got one????!!! :drool:

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:00 pm

:erm:

viewtopic.php?f=142&t=49204&hilit=chaka+tom

:facepalm:

can't believe it's already been 5 years :wha?: next September, Coronagod willing, I send my little Magivore to kindergarten :cry:

i've learned to chill a little bit since then, but, yes, I still love it very much, even though it has to deal with the shadow thrown by the Frequency Fucker every time I kick it on :lol:

def. a top 3 ever od for me (not counting fuzz that can be tricked into acting like overdrive)(even tho, in a way, it's kinda a fuzz Tom tricked into being an overdrive)(still want a Magic Meter tho) :)* :zen:

also, looking at the current lineup, is there room for an Algal Shroom? :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:18 pm

I don't think I ever read past the first post in that thread :D

Awesome write up. the want is real!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Next

Return to FuzzHugger Effects