Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby cantremember » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 am

multi_s wrote:for knobs you can try thonk

it's in the UK but they have wider color variety than most places

https://www.thonk.co.uk/product-categor ... obs/1900h/

either the ones for "Round Shaft" or "T18" will work. do not get "D shaft."

otherwise any other diy pedal place tends to have these style knobs, but not as much selection imho.,
Last edited by cantremember on Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby cantremember » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 am

multi_s wrote:for knobs you can try thonk

it's in the UK but they have wider color variety than most places

https://www.thonk.co.uk/product-categor ... obs/1900h/

either the ones for "Round Shaft" or "T18" will work. do not get "D shaft."

otherwise any other diy pedal place tends to have these style knobs, but not as much selection imho.,

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I'll check that site out now!
cantremember

Postby Cosmo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:05 am

MrNovember wrote:That doesn't sound unreasonable to me either. It sounds like whatever option you chose no longer worked out, so you got a refund. Now you have a chance to use that refund to pre-order any of the pedal variant via this link he has provided. To me this sounds like a shitty situation due to server issues that Scott is working to improve. Also, you're not out any money and you have the chance to get the pedal you want in July

disagree. he told me that the A variant was available and could ship right away, and then he said it wasn't. That's not a server issue
Cosmo

interested
interested

Postby blackjaw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:33 am

Perhaps he had less stock due to the server issues, upon counting he just didn’t have the stock to fulfill that email for everyone?

Scott is the man and has been nothing but awesome to the community for the past half dozen years, so I’d give him the benefit of the doubt that this situation was a bit more dynamic than he expected as opposed to bad business practices. He’s not telling you that you won’t get a variant, just that you’ll have to wait a month while he makes more; seems fair.
blackjaw

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:46 am

Not directly a server issue, but as he stated in his email "people were able to pay for items that were not actually available". Meaning more people than just you. Meaning that the remaining A variants were probably claimed by others who received the same email you did. You literally just have to fill out a form and wait one month to get the pedal you want. Seems incredibly fair to me.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Cosmo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:11 am

MrNovember wrote:Not directly a server issue, but as he stated in his email "people were able to pay for items that were not actually available". Meaning more people than just you. Meaning that the remaining A variants were probably claimed by others who received the same email you did. You literally just have to fill out a form and wait one month to get the pedal you want. Seems incredibly fair to me.

well... I appreciate your optimism.
I love MA pedals, and have for years, but does anyone really think there will be another batch in a month?!? I know this is a different argument, but has he ever released a batch of pedals anywhere close to when stated? I mean these ones are dated 2019... he was 6 months late for his own anniversary. haha
Cosmo

interested
interested

Postby ogguitar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:46 am

That blows man, but Scott has handled this better than many dealers would if they were in the same position. Just go read through some forums and before long you'll find plenty of stories about ridiculous wait times after paying for gear, getting the runaround on refunds, scams, etc. - you know... customer service that's actually terrible and shady. I get that it's a let down and inconvenient, but that's the full extent of it.
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby Seance » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:24 pm

In case anybody forgot, there is a global pandemic going on.

That means that supply chains for more than just guitar pedals are messed up.
It's nice to get what you want when you want it as stated by the person offering
the item, but there are other issues going on. Expect delays.

The issue to keep in mind is that Scott has released several updates to the CT5
firmware at no additional cost. Of course that's only relevant to people with a
pedal. But it certainly says something about him and how he is running mtl.asm.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ogguitar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:51 pm

Seance wrote:In case anybody forgot, there is a global pandemic going on.

That means that supply chains for more than just guitar pedals are messed up.
It's nice to get what you want when you want it as stated by the person offering
the item, but there are other issues going on. Expect delays.

The issue to keep in mind is that Scott has released several updates to the CT5
firmware at no additional cost. Of course that's only relevant to people with a
pedal. But it certainly says something about him and how he is running mtl.asm.

Not to mention the hiccups from migrating a whole website, new payment platform, and extra fanboy hype because of Nightly, which from any other company would all but certainly have been a completely different pedal.
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby Cosmo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:57 pm

Clearly this isn't the forum to discuss this on, but I believe that if a) he didn't take 6 days to respond and b) he said something to the effect of "we're really sorry, but we actually screwed up a second time and you aren't getting anything"

That would have been much easier to accept.
Cosmo

interested
interested

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:50 pm

Canadians are supposed to apologise for everything!
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:10 pm

To be clear:
Your frustration with a transaction is valid.

We reply in good faith in the hopes that it was a misunderstanding, and to highlight the circumstances that may have contributed to this situation. (Pandemic, server issues, more demand than was expected.)
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cosmo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:30 pm

totally. and to be clear - I absolutely LOVE his pedals. I have several on my board at all times, and ya. In a lot of other ways MA is unbeatable... he could easily charge more and have marketed it as a brand new pedal... It basically is a brand new pedal.
Cosmo

interested
interested

Postby mr. sound boy king » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:09 pm

2 Count To Fives going to work on signals from a Double Knot. + extra stuff, too

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBL9Gl_hR82 ... hare_sheet
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:55 am

Hi,

Yes sorry for any delay in communication but unfortunately that is the reality of last week. I understand that many people are irritated with the ct5 5th anniversary roll out but unfortunately that is just the way it went down. We will be migrating servers soon and hopefully avoiding such issues in the future.

We have made literally unlimited 5th anniversary editions available to anyone interested in the form linked above, and beyond that offered those refunded/with orders that still got through (but affected) an additional discount. At this time that is about as far as i will go.

I deeply appreciate anyone's interest in my products.

Have a nice day.

S
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly