Dusk ?

Moderator: Ryan

Dusk ?

Postby sylnau » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 pm

80803752_10157131575548353_6057623716819369984_o.jpg
80803752_10157131575548353_6057623716819369984_o.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 11837 times
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Dusk ?

Postby adamajah » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Looks rad. Someone said it’s a filter pedal I think?
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby zeravla » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Yeah, there was a post on the Instagram a while back with a clip that sounded very interesting.

edit:
here ya go bb
http://www.instagram.com/p/B5D6WtIHUD4/
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:09 pm

The comments say it's digital controlled analog OTA. $199.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:47 pm

This is being released next friday, anyone else excited?
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby Dowi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:37 am

cantremember wrote:This is being released next friday, anyone else excited?

it's an interesting pedal and i love the looks of it, but i won't use it that much to justify its place on the board. The rare times i need a filter i still rely on the bitquest filter patch, but i get that Dusk is more complete and feature packed overall. You plan to grab it?
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cantremember » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:35 am

Dowi wrote:

it's an interesting pedal and i love the looks of it, but i won't use it that much to justify its place on the board. The rare times i need a filter i still rely on the bitquest filter patch, but i get that Dusk is more complete and feature packed overall. You plan to grab it?

Yeah probably. I think it will be fun to have it hooked up with an exp pedal. I love doing filter sweeps on with an exp pedal. I loved the filter/freeze on the stammen. Plus my bitquest is pretty old and beat up so it's a little unreliable at this point so this new some sound like it'll be pretty cool.
cantremember

Postby Dowi » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:52 am

cantremember wrote:
Dowi wrote:

Yeah probably. I think it will be fun to have it hooked up with an exp pedal. I love doing filter sweeps on with an exp pedal. I loved the filter/freeze on the stammen. Plus my bitquest is pretty old and beat up so it's a little unreliable at this point so this new some sound like it'll be pretty cool.

Go it, i think the real power of dusk is all the LFO thing, it's gonna be useful in setups with synths and samplers.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cantremember » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 am

Dowi wrote:
cantremember wrote:
Dowi wrote:

Go it, i think the real power of dusk is all the LFO thing, it's gonna be useful in setups with synths and samplers.

Yeah I plan on using it a lot with my synth setup but with guitar I usually use it that way. I love all drsci pedals to date so I'm sure this one will be great on everything. The options to mess with the LFOs on the atmosphere is really great so I imagine this will be along those lines.
cantremember

Postby Dowi » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:09 am

cantremember wrote:
Dowi wrote:
cantremember wrote:
Dowi wrote:

Yeah I plan on using it a lot with my synth setup but with guitar I usually use it that way. I love all drsci pedals to date so I'm sure this one will be great on everything. The options to mess with the LFOs on the atmosphere is really great so I imagine this will be along those lines.

Agreed, the LFO on the Atmosphere is really game-changing. It opens up so many possibilities, and i think it's the same of DUSK.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Clean Channel » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:57 pm

I have one incoming, much excited!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:43 pm

I scooped one up, had to. I'm a dr scientist fan boy. So far I've only used it with my lyra and I am very impressed! It sounds great and the amount of options is very cool. I hooked up an exp pedal to it and spent all night doing different filter sweeps on each setting. It's a lot of fun! Will report back when I have a chance to use it on guitar.
cantremember

Postby MrNovember » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:26 pm

I missed this release, but I am rather interested. It would be really nice to pair with some of my synths, especially with the DX7 since it doesn't have a filter.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Return to Dr. Scientist