It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:15 am

So my whole office has been shut down for "at least two days" now. Going back to work when I'm out of quarantine on Thursday... may not happen.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:04 am

repoman wrote:Average age of death is 80, over 50% have at least 3 pre-existing comorbidities (Myocardial ischemia, Diabetes, Kidney disease, Arteriosclerosis, etc), and Italy has just been chalking up all deaths in hospitals of infected to Covid, meaning the person could have actually died of something else whilst having it.
"The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus.

"On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity – many had two or three," he says." (Walter Ricciardi, who is the scientific adviser to Roberto Speranza, Italy's minister of health)

Italy has a shitty method for collecting data on Covid deaths.

Out of this study of 481, only 6 had no pre-existing conditions (I would bet they were 75 or older).

Chance of death for under 50 if infected is 0.4%. I'm really curious what that number would be if people with pre-existing condiions were removed, if it is anything like the study posted, would that be 1.2% of 0.4%?

Over 24,000 people died in Italy 2017 of the flu, over 70% dying in flu season (Jan-March). The vast majority of deaths last year occurred in Lombardy. So roughly 16,800 people died in a couple months in the 2017 flu season in Italy. Around 4000 people have died in the past couple months from this one (and that is with Italy's shitty methodology padding the numbers).
I didn't see headlines about Italy having to call in the army to dispose of bodies then...

I agree that the methods of data collection has been confused and unsure from the beginning, BUT:
The fact that a person has pre-existing conditions does not mean that he/she is doomed and/or has to die. Those people probably could have died anyway without being infected? Maybe, sooner or later, who knows, the problem is that the virus aggravates health conditions. 
I've already said this, but one of the problems of this virus are the extreme difficulties it's causing to usual hospital business/surgeries/intensive care needs, so it's mortality rate (high or low or whatever) is not the only issue. 

Regarding the army disposing bodies: that situation is happening only in Bergamo, where i live, which is the center of the infection.
I don't know where did you took the numbers regarding seasonal flu. I just made a brief research and found out that approximately 300people die in Italy every year because of seasonal flu (direct deaths), while indirect deaths are between 4000-10000.
if you consider that Lombardy has almost 1/6 of the entire Italian population (10milions of 61milions), then we can assume there can be up to 1700 indirect deaths per year for seasonal flu.
Now: during last week, just in our area, there have been 300 deaths. Official informations are that there can be a lot more deaths that are not counted becuse of the reason i wrote in my previous post, that some pople die in houses without being tested. 

coldbrightsunlight wrote:So my whole office has been shut down for "at least two days" now. Going back to work when I'm out of quarantine on Thursday... may not happen.

My advice is to wait at least next monday, i don't know how much is spreading up there but i guess your office could be shut down for a few days more. :idk:
BTW you feel better now?

colin wrote:I'm on about day 10 of what I strongly suspect is the coronavirus. Definitely different from any cold I've had before, but still relatively mild. I've had a bit of a fever, persistent dry hacking cough, muscle aches and extremely low energy. Some chest pain and trouble catching my breath at times too. I can see why this would be really dangerous for the elderly or anyone with a pre-existing condition. My wife's had similar symptoms to me, but a bit less severe; and both of my girls have been clearly a bit sick, but fairly minor.

Same thing that happend to my father: 2 weeks straight of fever/heavy breathing/mild cold. Luckily he's an active/fit person, but i never saw him in this conditions in my entire life. Hope you recover soon too.

JM Charcot wrote:Hello Dowi, regarding the fact you are in the richest region, I read this article this morning (sorry in French) making an immediate link between the progression of the virus and Particulate Matters :
https://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/detail_le-coronavirus-pourrait-rester-plusieurs-heures-dans-l-air-a-cause-de-la-pollution-atmospherique?id=10464049

hey thanks! i read a similar article just a couple of days ago, and honestly it didn't surprise me. Our area is one of the most polluted of entire Europe, just look at this ESA animations regarding the decline of amount of nitrogen dioxide in North Italy and China once the lockdown started:

impressive.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:10 am

Dowi wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:So my whole office has been shut down for "at least two days" now. Going back to work when I'm out of quarantine on Thursday... may not happen.

My advice is to wait at least next monday, i don't know how much is spreading up there but i guess your office could be shut down for a few days more. :idk:
BTW you feel better now?

Yeah I feel fine now thanks. With work I'm just going to see what happens, it's alright and I won't lose my job so I'm not worried about me it's just a bit frustrating because I'm quite limited in what I can do working from home. Most likely scenario is I'm working from home for several weeks and maybe go into the office once a week to grab files or something. It's an adjustment but I'm sure it'll get sorted out and it isn't the end of the world. Much more worried for others with more precarious employment...

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:01 pm

Aaaaand our country is in Stay At Home mode for at least 3 weeks. What a great time to be living by myself, truly. :lol:

I make music sometimes:

coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:13 pm

Im just here waiting to see if Gavin Newsom actually enacts marshall law. I wanna say it wont happen, but this season of Earth has been crazy unpredictable so anything is possible.

Opposite end of the spectrum, I am sorta glad hes at least going "hey, dont go out you stupid fucks. Don't be racist. Don't horde. Seriously, the fuck."
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:43 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Im just here waiting to see if Gavin Newsom actually enacts marshall law. I wanna say it wont happen, but this season of Earth has been crazy unpredictable so anything is possible.

Opposite end of the spectrum, I am sorta glad hes at least going "hey, dont go out you stupid fucks. Don't be racist. Don't horde. Seriously, the fuck."

Martial law in cali wouldn't look like much. You probably wouldn't even notice it if you were doing the right thing and staying home with occasional trips to the grocery store.
I'd honestly be relieved if there was some actual authority out there making all these idiots take this seriously for a month or two. :idk:
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Pepe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:39 am

One of my all-time favourite musicians is going to do a live concert on facebook later today. It's Southern Rock of its best side. Randall has played with Steve Winwood in the late '80s and early '90s, so this might give you an idea what to expect. Randall is an ace on piano, Hammond and saxophone and his live performances are awesome. It's going to be too late for me to watch it live, but maybe some of you might want to watch it:

Hi all you locked down friends and neighbors! I miss playing and
seeing everyone so much. Hope everyone is safe and six feet from
Corona World. Lenore and I are hanging out here at the house doing
what we can to keep our spirits up in these strangest of days.

Thought it might be fun to do a little house concert here to ease
disconnected feelings. Tune in on my Facebook Page for a Facebook
Live show Tuesday at 8pm Eastern and maybe we can have some
virtual fun together. Hope to see you then.

Take care and be safe.❤️

Randall

Share | Randall Bramblett
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:23 pm

I'm having a really hard time right now. I was already self isolating, but that's not something new for me. Now we are on Stay at Home mandate, which you can manipulate but you're an idiot if you do. I think it's set to last a month too. I'm already losing my mind. I'm depressed over not being able to go do my new job anymore. I'm pissed at my family and friends because they are all acting like fuck bags in their own ways.

I'm really disappointed in society right now and in people I'm friends with.

There's a few things I'm afraid of happening that I have no control over. Losing my business is one of them, but I feel like I'd survive that somehow. Not sure what my tenants would do. That's a pickle in itself. I may not be able to collect rents and I owe the bank money. I have reserves but those will only last so long. I wish they'd just suspend all debt until this is over. Then we could all survive. I have close to 8k in mortgages to pay a month...fuck man. I'm also scared my wife could lose her job. She's in construction, so right now it's ok but that will all depend on if people comply. This area is full of fucking idiots. I bet most won't listen around here. I hope they do.

I'm scared, but I'm prepared for the worst. My family will band together if we have to.

Everyday I'm having panic attacks over this shit though.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Achtane » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 pm

I hope individual state governments do the right thing regardless of what diarrhea is pouring out of this fucking idiot's face sphincter. Stop voting in people who are actively trying to kill you.

Also,
Just like a lib to want breathing to come free and easy. Some of us like to work hard and struggle for each and every breath we take.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Jwar, I know what you mean about people being idiots. I walked my dog yesterday and passed by a park that was having little league baseball practice and a kids flag football practice going on plus about 30-40 kids climbing all over the playground with the parents standing by talking in a large group. I would probably guess close to 60-75 in this park total. It was frustrating to say the least. I kinda wish they'd just do a nationwide lockdown and get this over with. As much as that would suck hopefully it get people to take this seriously.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby TraceItalian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Waffle House are staring to close locations. They didn't even do so for the Great Smoky Mountain fires back in '16. I don't know if yall have Waffle House in your areas, but WH actually serves as an unofficial scale on the severity of a natural disaster for FEMA since it basically never closes, and will even stay open with pick-up/limited menu if they can.

Also, props to WH im general, they're doing the best to keep their workers all employed, and usually after a disaster, corporate will fly in and take over the restaurant so affected employees can get home
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby TraceItalian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:29 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dominos/commen ... re_sitting

Tl;dr Employees confirmed being exposed to Corona, closed up shop and are demanding paid sick leave and to close up shop for 2 weeks
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Hol up.... WH has a "corporate"? AND THEY USE AIRPLANES?????
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Whenever I mention the Waffle House Index to people, they almost can't believe it, unfortunately.

Local quarantine finally happened this week (maybe a week too late), though people in the neighborhood keep congregating in the parks during the day. Turning off my phone in favor of cleaning and reading actual books is helping so far, though my sleeping schedule is still completely jacked up.

Big love to all the essential workers, everywhere, who are still keeping us all afloat despite the circumstances.
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby K2000 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Pretty good video here... a little long but I found it psychologically helpful. I've been seeing fairly extreme recommendations like "immediately take your clothes off and launder them, after coming inside" and how you should disinfect every single item you bring home from the grocery store. This video is kind of the antidote to that.

A NYC doctor who works directly with Covid-19 patients talks about how to keep you and your family safe.

https://vimeo.com/399733860
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion