What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby friendship » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote::excellent:

I very much understand the feeling though. Passed up on some cool deals and flipped some stuff I sort of regret flipping years ago when I had less money

:( yeah... I once sold a echoplex for $200 :cry:

s p a c e • ɥ o ɹ ɹ o ɹ

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:08 am

...hard drive is hard:
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:27 pm

I received these two units over a month ago as a belated and totally unexpected Christmas present from overseas:

The Coron DS-7 clone is so good that I don't have GAS for a BOSS PC-2 Percussion Synthesizer anymore. And the Gonkulator is awesome as well! :animal:
Pepe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:00 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:what stings for me is, i'm more or less into the same gear as when i was 15, except i had no money back then, but cool weird old stuff was WAYYY cheaper then, before every guitar dan auerbach ever touched was documented and the prices on them tripled.

You have to have the patience of a crazy man. Meaning like me. I almost always score deals on rare stuff because I wait. I waited 3 years for a Depth Charge, 5 on another pedal that I'm not naming so no one asks me to sell it.

What do I do different? Hah. Nothing except wait until the times where people are more desperate to sell. If I have extra cash and it's a killer deal, I'll throw more at them. I got a Goatkeeper v3 once for 250. I threw the guy an extra 50 bucks because I felt bad. Sometimes however, I don't have that 50 and have to just do what I can.

Old stuff interests me, but I look more for limited stuff or things that other people have moved on from. You know, hyped things that people forget or move to the next flavor. I would love an older Korg MS 20 for instance (a lot of us would). I've been hunting for years. I bet you I score one too and probably or half the price of normal. I just seem to have that luck or I guess OCD? I'll hunt man. Like crazy hunt for stuff. Scour the interwebs for hours at a time at night just looking through sales ads all over the place.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby alexsga » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Mooer Tender Octaver V1 incoming. A German shop had 10 of them in stock, hopefully they're actually V1's, straight POG copies
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Sold enough stuff to justify buying an Organelle M. Very excited to mess around with an Organelle again, especially since they included pretty much everything I thought was missing from the original release in the M update.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:56 am

MrNovember wrote:Sold enough stuff to justify buying an Organelle M. Very excited to mess around with an Organelle again, especially since they included pretty much everything I thought was missing from the original release in the M update.

Organelle showed up today and I am very happy with it. Only had a few minutes to plug it in and try some patches out, but the speaker sounds surprisingly good. I'm going to dig into Orac and some of technobear's Mutable patches tomorrow and maybe see how it plays with a Keystep or the 16n
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby JM Charcot » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:53 am

MrNovember wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Sold enough stuff to justify buying an Organelle M. Very excited to mess around with an Organelle again, especially since they included pretty much everything I thought was missing from the original release in the M update.

Organelle showed up today and I am very happy with it. Only had a few minutes to plug it in and try some patches out, but the speaker sounds surprisingly good. I'm going to dig into Orac and some of technobear's Mutable patches tomorrow and maybe see how it plays with a Keystep or the 16n

His Clds patch is pure ambient dope !
https://patchstorage.com/clds/
JM Charcot

involved
involved

Postby kaboodle » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 am

I just got a Digitakt, and I can tell it’ll take some learning on my part, but thankfully there are a ton of videos on how to get acclimated. I’m genuinely psyched
kaboodle

interested
interested

Postby MrNovember » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:39 am

JM Charcot wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
NSFW: show

I'm really excited to try out pretty much all of his patches. I loved Clouds and Rings when I owned them. Never owned Braids, but I did own Plaits, which was awesome. I also never owned Elements, but I always wanted to give it a shot.

kaboodle wrote:I just got a Digitakt, and I can tell it’ll take some learning on my part, but thankfully there are a ton of videos on how to get acclimated. I’m genuinely psyched

The Digitakt is an amazing machine once you get the hang of it! I'm pretty sure there's always more to learn from it though
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:53 am

kaboodle wrote:I just got a Digitakt, and I can tell it’ll take some learning on my part, but thankfully there are a ton of videos on how to get acclimated. I’m genuinely psyched

The Digitakt is an amazing machine once you get the hang of it! I'm pretty sure there's always more to learn from it though

I got one, and it's an amazin piece of gear! Super polyvalent, I use mine mostly as a sample based synthsizer. Be shure to take some time and read the manual!

Yesterday I've received a Disaster Area Midi Baby 3, for which I'll create few programs to control the Pigtronix Infinity, Strymon Timeline's Looper and HX Stomp's Looper. I can share the sysex as soon as I have then working the way I want.
gila_crisis

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Digitakt is so good! Had it for weeks and I'm still learning loads but from day one I was making sounds I love. A+
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://facebook.com/mediocrisyband/
https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:09 pm

MrNovember wrote:
JM Charcot wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
NSFW: show

I'm really excited to try out pretty much all of his patches. I loved Clouds and Rings when I owned them. Never owned Braids, but I did own Plaits, which was awesome. I also never owned Elements, but I always wanted to give it a shot.

Spent awhile rearranging all of the patches and uploading new patches to the Organelle. I just started messing around with technobear's Mutable patches and I am blown away! They sound so good and are actually laid out rather intuitively. I was a little worried about having to work my way through all of the menus. I think it will be even better when I start working the 16n into this setup. I love that he included MIDI learn in each patch!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:21 am

My Fabrikat has arrived!

<leans into intercom>
Cancel all my appointments!
<realizes "intercom" was just an unplugged delay pedal>

Took me about 90 minutes to tour the patches through once. Then I recorded a 45 minute drone on my second trip through 'em.

My box didn't have a Pladask Monster™ on it! It has a message in code instead. No spoilers if anyone else has gotten one... I launched right into using the pedal, haven't tried to decode it yet.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:
<realizes "intercom" was just an unplugged delay pedal>

oh good, I thought I was the only one who had that happen. :facepalm:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear