INFANEM the driving notion clone

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: INFANEM the driving notion clone

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 am

update: the owl has left the nest. in hopefully 2-3 weeks time, the buffalo will rest in his pen...

good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:48 am

Olin wrote:top lads

Okay, someone build me a clone and call it Top Lads.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Olin wrote:If you make PCB's will it be you selling them yourself? This is all a cool development and you and Ibarakishi are top lads for doing it.

yes I think I will. not sure how long it will take. I am a full time student. I fucked my life up the first time I was in college. I take school very seriously now. I am a firm believer that we should never waste the opportunity that has been given to us. I will have one day each week to do fun stuff like tracing this pedal. also, I want to be clear that I am not doing this for the money or to be proprietary. I want to open source it as soon as I have it traced. hopefully people would support me for my work by buying a PCB but we still love you even if you don't. in the summer time I can make a few clones. but honestly, my eurorack synthesizer line is coming out in the summer so I may point you in the direction of some builders that I think highly of. I expect to sell maybe 10 or 20 PCB's total. theoretically you could do it on strip board. I'm sure you will be able to get a clone someday just not sure who exactly. my heart is in modular synthesizers. my guitar is in storage.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:53 am

from the whispers of a cockatoo, the condor has crossed the ocean to the land of the lacklustre eagle. when he will arrive at his target, no one but the blue gecko knows...

good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:40 am

the gecko has confirmed the eggs have arrived to their nest. and to that, we may all look at the moon without pants on with ease....

ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:37 am

So you're saying I should take my pants off?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:33 pm

goroth wrote:So you're saying I should take my pants off?

You mean they aren't off already??
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Jero wrote:

Well that's what I mean.
It's a lot of effort taking my pants off, as I'd have to put some on first just for the occasion.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:21 pm

goroth wrote:
Jero wrote:

Well that's what I mean.
It's a lot of effort taking my pants off, as I'd have to put some on first just for the occasion.

:lol: well played
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:08 pm

it looks like a nice pedal. too bad the jacks are junk. school has been kicking my ass but I am ordering the parts in the next few days. I have a new microscope so that may help speed things along. I might be able to do it visually with a super strong back light. maybe this will be easy.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:45 pm

Truly appreciate the work you’re putting into this!
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mcatano » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm

Ty to this thread for getting me to take mine out of the box and plug it in. It's a cool pedal and it sounds very rad as a grimy tone shaping device after a fuzz pedal. Infanem 141G—>driving notion—>IVP is very pleasing sludge.
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby mcatano » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 pm

(AKA sign me up for a PCB because this one will probably break too)
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:04 am

I can confirm that they will all break after some time unless you really give it the white glove treatment. there is a through hole J201 (very hard to find this part now) that is soldered to the pads that were designed for a surface mounted J201. the thing has about 9mm of leads. the mechanical stress from G shock during shipping or dropping it would likely damage any driving notion on the first drop test. its not hot glued it. its not laying down. it is my opinion that a manufacturer should only do this at NAMM and not on a production pedal. you are basically selling a piece of garbage if you send that out as a finished product. add to that the jacks are garbage and they are installed incorrectly. that lip on the back plate that was ground down no longer protects against dirt entering the pedal. it still puts pressure on the jacks anyway even after grinding it down.

however, some other parts of the design were actually really nice. a lot of work went into this design. if this was something I designed, I would be proud of it. conclusion, a very talented intelligent PCB designer with very little real world engineering experience working at a real company. the crap engineering always gets a smack down when it gets reviewed by senior engineers. obviously that was not the case here. therefor I think the PCB designer and company owner was one person probably desperate to get the thing into retail without delay regardless if it fucks people over. clearly this person needed the money or has no conscious. I would never buy anything from INFANEM after this.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:31 am

Don't have to worry about that anymore.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects