How many pedals do you own?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:37 am

I have never even worn a band shirt to work!! Thankfully I’m only in my office for about 2 hours a day so I’m free to do as I please....

Although they do frequently see me packing up discogs/reverb orders because I don’t have a printer at home so I’m sure they think I’m some kind of mail-order psycho.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blood_mountain » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:34 am

retinal orbita wrote:I have never even worn a band shirt to work!! Thankfully I’m only in my office for about 2 hours a day so I’m free to do as I please....

Although they do frequently see me packing up discogs/reverb orders because I don’t have a printer at home so I’m sure they think I’m some kind of mail-order psycho.

I pretty much wear whatever I want to work, even tho it's technically an office job and I have an office and do office stuff. It's pretty chill.

That said, the last 6 months or so I've been a bit disengaged and have possibly been a bit toooooooo chill. Maybe they'll fire me.

At least I have pedals. They can't fire me.

Right?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:21 pm

lessee:

Whirlwind Selector
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95
Vox V8 distortion
Blackstar HT-DistX
Line 6 DL4
Coppersound Telegraph
Zoom G3
Zoom MS-70CDR
EHX Superego
EHX Mel9
EHX Synth9
Digitech Timebender
Digitech Jamman Solo + homebrew FS3x
Zoom B3
Zoom MS-60B
DOD FX91
Rowin Time Maker

Think I got them all. Right now, these guys aren't on my board (DL4, Telegraph, Blackstar, Synth9) nor are the bass pedals (DOD, B3 and 60B)
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:51 pm

retinal orbita wrote:I have never even worn a band shirt to work!! Thankfully I’m only in my office for about 2 hours a day so I’m free to do as I please....

I wore a THE RITA shirt to work, and DEATH 'Leprosy' album cover. People were into it. We all don't see each other that often though.

I think the key is to show up to work in your noise show garb, and the days you get dressed up nice for work, got to a noise show (been to one in salmon colored dockers... #transgressive :animal: )
Blood_mountain wrote:At least I have pedals. They can't fire me.

Right?

Yes, pedals, technically can't fire you, but they can quit.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:52 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:At least I have pedals. They can't fire me.

Right?

Yes, pedals, technically can't fire you, but they can quit.

No! You can't fire me! I've got too many pedals for you to fire me. Fire Greg. He doesn't even own a phaser.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:49 pm

echorec wrote:No! You can't fire me! I've got too many pedals for you to fire me. Fire Greg. He doesn't even own a GRAPE phaser.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Well I own TWO phasers so I think my employment is pretty locked in :cool:
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:31 pm

retinal orbita wrote:Well I own TWO phasers so I think my employment is pretty locked in :cool:

If we're going off pedal count as a means of job security... consider me a gym teacher in an affluent school district with tenure. Suck it tax payers!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Also, I have not 1, not 2, but 3 fuzz hugger hoddies that I wear all the time. So colleagues have a thousand and ten percent (I crunched the numbers) seen me in those. I also know cause they commented.
What is this fuzz hugger?
Who is fuzz hugger?
How do you fuzz hugger?
Am I allergic?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:51 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
echorec wrote:No! You can't fire me! I've got too many pedals for you to fire me. Fire Greg. He doesn't even own a GRAPE phaser.

GRAPE PHASER IS PRETTY TASTY.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:05 pm

1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:57 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Also, I have not 1, not 2, but 3 fuzz hugger hoddies that I wear all the time. So colleagues have a thousand and ten percent (I crunched the numbers) seen me in those. I also know cause they commented.
What is this fuzz hugger?
Who is fuzz hugger?
How do you fuzz hugger?
Am I allergic?

Ok, so this is a weird thing. In the province that I grew up in, the regional slang for a hoodie is a “Bunny Hug” (don’t ask, I have no idea). So if I got a Fuzz Hugger hoodie, there, I’d be wearing a FUZZ HUGGER BUNNY HUG.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Your province sounds meta. meta_province. I can apply that to my own vernacular. Hoddie = Bunny Hug moving forward. Thank you for this cultural exchange.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 pm

If you live in one of the provinces of South Africa, you may be eatin' bunny chow:

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PanicProne » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:08 am

Did a quick count by memory last night and ended above 60pedals. More/more specific than that I don't want to say, cause it's feeling a bit embarrasing atm. I though it was like 40-ish but was obviously wrong.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear