Re: Instant lofi alternative?

Postby mcatano » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Maybe check out the Paradox Futura ?
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:36 pm

mcatano wrote:Maybe check out the Paradox Futura ?

Good suggestion. It's killer.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby julius_deane » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 pm

I had a Shallow Water. It sounds great, but wasn't for me.
I'm loving my Deco, especially considering everything it does . . . in ((( S T E R E O )))
i'm a grrnoise
julius_deane

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bearstripes » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:39 am

So, as much of an adventure as this lofi discussion I have decided to stick with the ce5 lol. After messing with it and comparing to demos I was like “wow, this is free cause I have it and it sounds pretty decent”. So thanks for the lofi journey folks, it’s been real
Bearstripes

experienced
experienced

Postby Bearstripes » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:48 am

So, as much of an adventure as this lofi discussion I have decided to stick with the ce5 lol. After messing with it and comparing to demos I was like “wow, this is free cause I have it and it sounds pretty decent”. So thanks for the lofi journey folks, it’s been real
Bearstripes

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:47 pm

echorec wrote:
Bearstripes wrote:How’s meet Maude for these, heard that if you set the delay time to 0 there is no latency and it has a similar vibe. Any one have any experience with that?

The SW's modulation derived from the Meet Maude. I don't think any of the Fairfield pedals employ analog to digital conversion, so latency shouldn't be a factor.

The latency is because the warble is generated by varying a delay line. If the lowest value of the delay is too high it feels like there is latency. For example check the pitch pirate. It is fucking sick, but on 100% wet the note comes a little after.

I have both the Shallow Water and a Meet Maude. If you want lofi, in that something actually sounds like a VHS tape gone to shit, the SW is the only pedal that gets close. I find most VHS/tape pedals are made by people who have never had a tape get chewed up, or who have never worn out a VHS, or taped over that shit so many times that the audio is just fucked.

SW, if you tune the low pass gate right, and leave it wide open, isn't dark. But of course it gets dark as soon as you start using the gate.

Meet Maude is just a fucking awesome modulated delay. If you want to use it 100% wet then it is dark as shit because of the filtering on the delay line.

I'd say go with the SW and be prepared to not like it immediately. There is a lot of interactivity between the rate, depth and damp knobs. It is not random in any way, so if you read the instructions you can figure out what you're doing to your signal, but it takes more time than your average guitar pedal.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:43 pm

Boring and expensive option, but there it is.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear