Seppuku FX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Seppuku FX

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Last thing I remember from him is obsessive post after post of paper circuits. Think he kept them in business :lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:13 pm

I saw a few of those videos ..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 pm

There was no more gear left to buy.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Christophe wanted to bump this... so I figured I would. I still have a lot of these. I still like them. My own brand of "anti-demos" "deconstructed demos" "meta_demos" coming at some point. Don't hold your breath though :lol:

I reached out Rhys recently! The one seppuku I did not acquire (of his recent output) was the cyclic interval. I asked Rhys if he would make one more. He said it never worked well and it was a pain in the neck to make so "No." I would probably irrationally get it if I saw one (that's the collector in me).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Did you ask him when his shop would be up and running again? :lol:

I'm a little over it, but I'd still be interested in anything new he'd make that's not a bend. A new and better Hysteresis (was that the name) would be nice. A rerun of his old fuzzes would be sweet (miss my fuzz overloader). He was working on a Reverb at some point. Would still like to see that happen.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:08 pm

:lol: That was before the shop went MIA. "Apparently" the cyclic interval "was" the reverb... but also an oscillating pitch shifter? It did not go well...

I am with you... I am over it too. I just like the idea of "that one" cause nit many were made and by his accounts it was a failure. Rhys did say he was getting into programming though...
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Thanks Sharktoootth! Still hoping to find an echo mod and pitch monster... Reverb would be nice indeed. I emailed him a few days ago but no answer. Why would the website go MIA by the way? So many websites are just there and nothing's goin' on. It's a strange thing to make it disappear.
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Servers/hosts cost money. He has not paid the bill a few time before over the years and the site has gone down. Not for as long as it has not though. New record.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Christophe wrote:Thanks Sharktoootth! Still hoping to find an echo mod and pitch monster... Reverb would be nice indeed. I emailed him a few days ago but no answer. Why would the website go MIA by the way? So many websites are just there and nothing's goin' on. It's a strange thing to make it disappear.

1. I actually, believe it or not, never had an echo mod. Was it ‘just’ (it’s never ‘just’ with seppuku, giving credit where it is due, Rhys does have an ear for voicing his designs) a modulated delay? I know I can check the internet archive but, maybe it had two LFOS that worked against each other? If any one knows, I’d rather keep the discussion here (or I could just search this thread too... it’s probably somewhere in the 100 + pages).

EDIT: Wow. It’s not that at all. " Converts the input signal to light traversing through space into a photosensitive cell for audio sensitive delay time control. The light envelope can be filtered and manipulated to animate the pitch. Multiple audio feedback loops for balanced oscillations, soft or distorted. Delayed sounds can be reverted back into envelope. "
2. RE: The Site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1DSXNImyzM

Also, went through my E-mails (which just means I searched “Rhys” in my gmail :lol: [Side Note: At work when people say they are “going to check their files”... I never say this but I always want to say, “You mean you’re going to check your inbox?” :lol: V :cry: V :lol: :lol: ]) and the Cyclic Interval was not the reverb per say... it was a rehoused pitch shifter with a delay loop. And it was “a hassle to make”. This was 12/3/2018.

He did speak about coding though. No ideas written, even if he wrote some, as the kids say, I would not have “spilled the tea” cause that would be the wrong kind of “slimey”. Not “audio slime” - y. (Two of my seppuku pedals are branded as audio slime.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:46 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:A rerun of his old fuzzes would be sweet (miss my fuzz overloader).

Maybe it’s time for Soft Flora to do a run? http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2015 ... oader.html
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:16 am

Maybe, but it will be a while. Too much stuff on my plate, but I'd love to make some or at least just one for myself. :lol:

Edit: ordered parts to make a couple. :lol: :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 am

$harkToootth wrote:1. I actually, believe it or not, never had an echo mod. Was it ‘just’ (it’s never ‘just’ with seppuku, giving credit where it is due, Rhys does have an ear for voicing his designs) a modulated delay? I know I can check the internet archive but, maybe it had two LFOS that worked against each other? If any one knows, I’d rather keep the discussion here (or I could just search this thread too

Oh so this one went under your radar? Check out Rhys’ vid on YouTube: instant gas!
It sounds like a circuit bent echo dream 2. Insane.
But you do own a Pitch Monster ?
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:37 am

No, never had that either. I didn’t mention that one because I have/had a concept of what that does.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:22 pm

And I think it was a 5 unit job anyway.
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Pepe » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:52 pm

The Pitch Monster is another incarnation of the Digital Pitch Modulator. I have the DPM-2 with a fourth knob and I'm happy with it. A three-knobbed model is for sale in Japan for over $300 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/264439732626). :|:

I totally forgot about "Audio Slime"! :facepalm:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear