Ordering from Pladask Elektrisk? Insured or not?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Ordering from Pladask Elektrisk? Insured or not?

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Seems like a no brainer to go insured vs not, but $20 is $20...

Has anyone ordered a pedal from Pladask Elektrisk to the states and not received it without tracking?
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Ordering from Pladask Elektrisk? Insured or not?

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:33 pm

For international pedals insured is 110% always the way to go. This is mostly true for domestic, too, tbh.

Knut is an awesome dude and Pladask is a sick company, but that's got no bearing on the whims of the international shipping faeries. They like to fuck with people.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 pm

^^^^
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby moid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:44 pm

Totally agree - Knut is a really helpful chap, and definitely good to order from. I suspect insurance is worth the cost against the worry of some random other party getting your pedal!
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Has anyone ever successfully filed a shipping insurance claim? The one time I had a problem (domestically), the claim was rejected.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 pm

cosmicevan wrote:Seems like a no brainer to go insured vs not, but $20 is $20...

Has anyone ordered a pedal from Pladask Elektrisk to the states and not received it without tracking?

I figured that I was making an investment in something awesome, and the extra dough for insured postage is a small percentage of the whole anyway.

I dunno that it made things move faster, but my pedal from Knut was sent on Monday and was at my door in Canada by Friday.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 am

I acted hastily when I ordered and checked regular shipping. I emailed them asking if I can pay the difference for insured/tracked...but havent heard back yet.

Have their been issues?
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:11 am

cosmicevan wrote:I acted hastily when I ordered and checked regular shipping. I emailed them asking if I can pay the difference for insured/tracked...but havent heard back yet.

Have their been issues?

I just picked up a romferd last week and did the same thing. I have done it a few times before and not had any issues with it so I try not to worry about it. In my experience stuff coming from Norway comes relatively fast compared to other over seas countries.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am

cantremember wrote:I just picked up a romferd last week and did the same thing. I have done it a few times before and not had any issues with it so I try not to worry about it. In my experience stuff coming from Norway comes relatively fast compared to other over seas countries.

Right on. Loving the Romferd? Cannot wait!!!!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:38 am

I've shipped tracked and not tracked from Norway to ILFers all over the world, quite often and for quite some time. The only time I've had something wrong happen is when I wrote the wrong address on the shipping notice and got the parcel returned to me. Not saying you should keep gambling on buying stuff from abroad without tracking, but I think Norway > US is preeeeeetty safe.

Also, romferd is super underrated. Very unique and gorgeous-sounding pedal. I've only had the v1 though, but I wouldn't mind trying the new one.
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 am

cosmicevan wrote:
cantremember wrote:I just picked up a romferd last week and did the same thing. I have done it a few times before and not had any issues with it so I try not to worry about it. In my experience stuff coming from Norway comes relatively fast compared to other over seas countries.

Right on. Loving the Romferd? Cannot wait!!!!

Hoping it'll be here today or tomorrow!
cantremember

Postby Teej212 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:44 am

the biggest issues I've had shipping overseas is with the post offices of other countries not notifying the recipient that they have import duties to pay. That shouldnt be an issue with mail coming into the US though.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:05 pm

I shipped a Murf to Germany years ago, using eBay's international program, and the contractor in Germany lost it. It was a fucking hassle, because eBay.de & ebay.com have different policies/staffs, so they first fucked the buyer, then they fucked me. It had to be appealed twice for both of us to get our money back.

In 20 years of buying and selling online, I can only recall three packages ever getting lost (a magazine, the Murf & a Vox RP), but I would never put my faith into postal workers. I'll pay the extra insurance every time, in order to avoid a bigger headache. ---It's not uncommon either for stuff to get lost in transit, only to be recovered several months later. I got a book from Texas once about 100 days after the shipment (had already been refunded).
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Knut wrote back and will send an invoice for the extra shipping. I agree that it isn't worth the $20 to end up S.O.L. - during the checkout process I hadn't considered this to be a decision and as such just quickly ran through checkout and then started thinking that I made the wrong move...hence this thread.

I've shipped hundreds of things world-wide and although many non insured shipments were fine, the times I've been screwed with no recourse was when there wasn't insurance.

Curious about those who have filed claims that were denied and the details around that. Seems pretty cut and dry that if you pay for insurance and a package arrives damaged or doesn't arrive at all that a claim is a slam dunk. I've filed many claims in the past and never had an issue...granted most of my claims were for fancy beer glassware that was insured for $50 - $100, it was never an issue - though I've only had to file claims w Fedex for re-imbursement. Anything lost through USPS was just lost and sorry sucks for me (now I pay the few bucks for insurance almost always) - I balked at the tracked shipping w Plasdak since it was double and in my head it was the difference between next day and wait for normal mail...after I placed the order I read through everything that said no insurance and sucks for you, so not looking for that.

Thanks gang! Very interested to hear about those failed claim stories though if anyone wants to share. Maybe we can learn something?
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Failed claims? FedEx shipped a synth module for me, which was a whopping $90 for TN-CA. The buyer had an issue with it, which turned out to be him simply not understanding how to use it. I opened a claim, because it was new and was working when it shipped out. FedEx assigned a total moron to my case, who didn't respond to e-mails or follow instructions. The item was returned to me for free, but then they sent me a letter saying I hadn't cooperated with their investigative process and my claim was therefore deemed invalid. ---Fuck FedEx, they're the worst to deal with. I ended up taking the item to a service center (because Korg's USA support is total shit), who told me it was working perfectly. ---In the end I was out about $100 and 3-4 months of my time (not to mention the hassle of driving 150+ miles one-way to a Korg-approved tech).

It's not uncommon for USPS or UPS to reject claims the first time around or to defer until you get a signed statement from a 3rd party. Example: a guitar tech at a retail store signs an estimate for you, appraising the item and/or his bench fee. That's always gotten things turned in my favor.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear