MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:46 pm

The pedal arrived today! And it's a really fantastic one!
It took me a while to understand it, especially when combining both sides, but after it's super fun to play with, and super creative!
I tried it with a distortion pedal in front and one after. Actually I love it better in front of a distortion, sounds more organic to me and all nuance comes out in a very brutal, but cool way when heavily distorted!

For all the drone/noise addicted out there, this MOOD can be DOOM as well!

MOOD vs. Revolver DX: the Mood can cover a bit some duties of the RvDX, but you won't get all those "tape speed fx" the Revolver can do (maybe you can fake it a bit with the delay in the blood part, combined with a very slow ramp), the looped sounds jump from octave to octave (in this is more like the Mandala Rev2). Also the buffer in the Drolo side is fixed by length and clock, so you can't record the loop "as long (or short) as you want" like on the Revolver. A cool feature on the Mood is that you can replace parts of your loop by holding the footswitch.
Also, while the Revolver to me is a very high end "precision" microloop recorder, the Mood can get really nasty and super lofi!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby zoooombiex » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:53 pm

I keep wishing that the Drolo side of this had something like the "NXT" mode on the tensor (or like the CT5 mode 2 with record held down), where it could do an ongoing record and playback that is processed by the Drolo patches.

It does a lot already, so I can't really fault it for not including that. But for my situation that type of hands-off functionality really opens up its uses in a live setting.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:18 pm

Yeah--that Tensor NXT mode seems rad....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 am

Here few loops featuring the Doom Side of the Mood! :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby thesmellofrain » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:55 pm

Ran my OP-Z trough the MOOD and Form2.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0OvuSLnEk7/
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Postby BoatRich » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:13 am

gila_crisis wrote:Here few loops featuring the Doom Side of the Mood! :!!!:

This is fucking incredible dude. I was waiting until I heard distorted clips to even kinda want this thing. I’ve never had luck with glitch pedals or loopers but this seems like something I really want
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:45 am

Since this is my first Chase Bliss Pedal, i’m still working on getting used to the whole dip switch thing. Does anyone have a simple explanation for ramping and how the dip switches effect that?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:49 am

BoatRich wrote:This is fucking incredible dude. I was waiting until I heard distorted clips to even kinda want this thing. I’ve never had luck with glitch pedals or loopers but this seems like something I really want

Thank you for your kind words Rich! I really wanted to do this video when I got the pedal.
I felt nobody out there yet did something using it in some kind of context, only tons of demos and sound examples of the pedal standalone.
I know there is another video, claiming to be a doom/drone demo of it. But after watching it I asked myself if the guy really understood how to use it.

Btw I'm using it before the distortion pedals.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:17 am

Blood_mountain wrote:Since this is my first Chase Bliss Pedal, i’m still working on getting used to the whole dip switch thing. Does anyone have a simple explanation for ramping and how the dip switches effect that?

Ramping will "virtually" move a pot from a setted value to its max or zero position.
The Ramp pot decides how fast this movement will be.
The bottom/top switch decides in which part of the pot the movent will happen.
For example: take the time pot, set it at noon position in the middle. TOP move the value from noon to max, and BOTTOM from zero to noon.
The rise/fall switch inverts the movement. The example before was with rise,so if you set fall now time will move from noon to zero (bottom) or max to noon (top).
With bounce ON this movement will be done continuosly, like an LFO modulating your parameters.
Hope this helps you.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:50 am

Sounds sweet. Also, sweet guitar.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:49 am

Blood_mountain wrote:Since this is my first Chase Bliss Pedal, i’m still working on getting used to the whole dip switch thing. Does anyone have a simple explanation for ramping and how the dip switches effect that?

I have no idea how simple of an explanation I can give, but I'll give it a shot.

Using the parameter dip switches on the left you can select which parameter is ramped. I find I get more 'normal' sounds modulating one of Time, Length, or OBNE side modify. Ramping the Drolo side modify and clock gets pretty wild.
Using the parameter dip switches on the right will select whether the ramp rises or falls. How this actually effects the sound is dependent on the sweep dip switch.

You essentially have the following four options:
1) Parameter dip switch set to rise, sweep set to T: parameter knob essentially turns from current knob position to max (CW) position
2) Parameter dip switch set to rise, sweep set to B: parameter knob essentially turns from the minimum (CCW) position to the current knob position
3) Parameter dip switch set to fall, sweep set to T: parameter knob essentially turns from the max (CW) position to the current knob position
4) Parameter dip switch set to fall, sweep set to B: parameter knob essentially turns from the current knob position to the minimum (CCW) position

This is further impacted by the bounce dip switch which determines if the ramp oscillates back and forth between the two positions, or ramps to the final position and stays there. Also, shape dip switch determines if the ramp is a triangle wave (gradual change over time) or square wave (basically just bounce between on/off or max/min positions)

EDIT: oops gila_crisis apparently beat me to it, but I'll leave this here anyways in case it helps explain any further
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:53 am

gila_crisis wrote:
BoatRich wrote:This is fucking incredible dude. I was waiting until I heard distorted clips to even kinda want this thing. I’ve never had luck with glitch pedals or loopers but this seems like something I really want

Thank you for your kind words Rich! I really wanted to do this video when I got the pedal.
I felt nobody out there yet did something using it in some kind of context, only tons of demos and sound examples of the pedal standalone.
I know there is another video, claiming to be a doom/drone demo of it. But after watching it I asked myself if the guy really understood how to use it.

Btw I'm using it before the distortion pedals.

This sounds really amazing! Are you using it before distortion or in parallel with distortion? It sounds like the Mood is mostly clean and undistorted, but I could be wrong. Either way it sounds awesome and has given me some ideas. Mostly ideas of buying a second Mood for my guitar board...
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:05 am

Simply in front of any distortion pedals.
I tried also after distortion devices, but it sounds to fake/digital to my ears. That's why I put it before these pedals.

My signal chain is:
Nude Guitar Baritone w/ aluminium neck > Drop > MASF Raptio > Bananana Mandala > CBA Mood > EB Supercollider > Dunlop mini-wah > AMT SS20 > Timeline >> Zoom MS70 >> Infinity >> Mixer >> Zoom H4n recorder

> mono / >> stereo
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:07 pm

gila_crisis wrote:

Ramping will "virtually" move a pot from a setted value to its max or zero position.
The Ramp pot decides how fast this movement will be.
The bottom/top switch decides in which part of the pot the movent will happen.
For example: take the time pot, set it at noon position in the middle. TOP move the value from noon to max, and BOTTOM from zero to noon.
The rise/fall switch inverts the movement. The example before was with rise,so if you set fall now time will move from noon to zero (bottom) or max to noon (top).
With bounce ON this movement will be done continuosly, like an LFO modulating your parameters.
Hope this helps you.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. So with bounce off, it’s a one time movement?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:18 pm

MrNovember wrote:

I have no idea how simple of an explanation I can give, but I'll give it a shot.

Using the parameter dip switches on the left you can select which parameter is ramped. I find I get more 'normal' sounds modulating one of Time, Length, or OBNE side modify. Ramping the Drolo side modify and clock gets pretty wild.
Using the parameter dip switches on the right will select whether the ramp rises or falls. How this actually effects the sound is dependent on the sweep dip switch.

You essentially have the following four options:
1) Parameter dip switch set to rise, sweep set to T: parameter knob essentially turns from current knob position to max (CW) position
2) Parameter dip switch set to rise, sweep set to B: parameter knob essentially turns from the minimum (CCW) position to the current knob position
3) Parameter dip switch set to fall, sweep set to T: parameter knob essentially turns from the max (CW) position to the current knob position
4) Parameter dip switch set to fall, sweep set to B: parameter knob essentially turns from the current knob position to the minimum (CCW) position

This is further impacted by the bounce dip switch which determines if the ramp oscillates back and forth between the two positions, or ramps to the final position and stays there. Also, shape dip switch determines if the ramp is a triangle wave (gradual change over time) or square wave (basically just bounce between on/off or max/min positions)

EDIT: oops gila_crisis apparently beat me to it, but I'll leave this here anyways in case it helps explain any further

Yea, this is great, thanks so much!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear