MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Postby Ghost Hip » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Jwar wrote:I'm still not sold here. Convince me. Come on, do it.

:idea:

You wouldn't like it. ;)
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Jwar » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:
Jwar wrote:I'm still not sold here. Convince me. Come on, do it.

:idea:

You wouldn't like it. ;)

You low down dog you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn it. Now you've challenged me. FUCK! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:14 am

Hi folks!
I'm almst ready to pull the trigger for the Mood.
How would you compare it to the Revolver?
I have a Rev.DX and I was thinking to replace it with the Mood.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:00 am

While they're both micro samplers/looper, how they process the sound seem very different, both in terms of sounds and functionality.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:39 am

I've pulled the trigger. Maybe next week I'll give you my feedback about Mood vs.Revolver.
Btw now it's a while since I have last used the Revolver.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby sitarman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:14 am

gila_crisis wrote:I've pulled the trigger. Maybe next week I'll give you my feedback about Mood vs.Revolver.
Btw now it's a while since I have last used the Revolver.

I am curious about it too so let us know. I also have the Revolver. I think Mood has more options to influence the sound.
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:55 am

UglyCasanova wrote:While they're both micro samplers/looper, how they process the sound seem very different, both in terms of sounds and functionality.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:52 am

Anyone have any idea how well this would work with more aggressive music? With some dirt and stuff? I was thinking of getting a tensor for some glitchy weird Daughters parts but this seems like it might be more versatile?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm

neonblack wrote:Anyone have any idea how well this would work with more aggressive music? With some dirt and stuff? I was thinking of getting a tensor for some glitchy weird Daughters parts but this seems like it might be more versatile?

This is a total guess from me, as I play very quiet and clean 99% of the time, and I haven't tried any dirt into it, but I think you could get some pretty gnarly, glitchy, noisy and loud sounds out of this played in a heavier context.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:11 pm

neonblack wrote:Anyone have any idea how well this would work with more aggressive music? With some dirt and stuff? I was thinking of getting a tensor for some glitchy weird Daughters parts but this seems like it might be more versatile?

I used one for a hot minute.
Preferred it clean.

Might do that Nick Sadler thing but Daughters have been doing weird shit with like 8 pitch shifters for a long time.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:41 pm

I will report this as well, since normally I use these kind of pedals (think of raptio, mandala, superego, etc... in front of drive pedals)
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby neonblack » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:10 pm

odontophobia wrote:

I used one for a hot minute.
Preferred it clean.

Might do that Nick Sadler thing but Daughters have been doing weird shit with like 8 pitch shifters for a long time.

Yeah less of the gothic horror guitorgan sounds and more of the nutso dying mp3 player sounds. Try as I might, I just can't find a pitch shifter I jive with
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby taco satori » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 pm

gila_crisis wrote:

I will report this as well, since normally I use these kind of pedals (think of raptio, mandala, superego, etc... in front of drive pedals)

2nd’d, these kinds of pedals I like to use as either extensions of my playing or ghosts in the machine sharing my signal path, especially the Tensor and even the much-maligned Csidman :poke:

I generally feel like if their tonal characteristics get subsumed a little bit or a lot by dirt, it’s no biggie for me. In fact I welcome it! :group:
Great deals with lordgalvar, filipre, seten, DannDubblewe, PumpkinPieces, backwardsvoyager, DADGBD, jwar, JonnyAngle, dandolin, pd~, Dungus, dminner
taco satori

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:12 am

I tend to try and figure a way to make a pedal work with dirt even if I have to layer in parallel the effects instead of run them in series. That's why I love the Klein Bottle so much. I can use almost anything and still make it work. Shit I'm using the Generation Loss and getting some massive tones. LOL. It's all about your understanding of manipulating effects. I need to wait a bit but I'm going to grab one. Gotta at least give it a go! :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:50 am

Jwar wrote:I tend to try and figure a way to make a pedal work with dirt even if I have to layer in parallel the effects instead of run them in series. That's why I love the Klein Bottle so much. I can use almost anything and still make it work. Shit I'm using the Generation Loss and getting some massive tones. LOL. It's all about your understanding of manipulating effects. I need to wait a bit but I'm going to grab one. Gotta at least give it a go! :)

It's not the best pedal ever. When you say that, I think it releases unrealistic expectations. It's an awesome pedal, but it's not going to solve world hunger.

However, I've been playing it for a week, I like the sounds that are coming out of it and I'm having fun with it, which I can't always say about pedals I've bought.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear