MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Postby sitarman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Thanks that's what I wanted to know.

And yes I have seen bits of many videos already. I already have a CT5 and a Hexe Revolver so I am not sure if the Mood will add much to what I already have. Or maybe I will replace my CT5 with a Mood. Not sure yet. That's why I wanted to know.
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby shikawkee » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:30 pm

sitarman wrote:Thanks that's what I wanted to know.

And yes I have seen bits of many videos already. I already have a CT5 and a Hexe Revolver so I am not sure if the Mood will add much to what I already have. Or maybe I will replace my CT5 with a Mood. Not sure yet. That's why I wanted to know.

I have all of those too (plus a Tensor, etc.) but it won't replace a CT5 IMO. Totally different. YMMV.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Got my MOOD in the mail today. Looking forward to playing it later this evening. It’s my 1st Chase Bliss pedal.
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby sitarman » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:31 am

shikawkee wrote:

I have all of those too (plus a Tensor, etc.) but it won't replace a CT5 IMO. Totally different. YMMV.

What do think is the advantage of the CT5 over Mood? what kind of things that you like can it do that the Mood can not do?
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby shikawkee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:04 am

sitarman wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

What do think is the advantage of the CT5 over Mood? what kind of things that you like can it do that the Mood can not do?

Looping. Longer loop times specifically. Just a different pedal to me. Similar in some ways but different.

The CT5 is for longer (or short) evolving landscapes. Mood is quicker, shorter, somewhat wilder and bleep, bloopy. At least so far to me after a bit with it. Love both equally.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:32 am

I assume the LPF on the ct5 makes a big difference in terms of tonality as well.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:27 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I assume the LPF on the ct5 makes a big difference in terms of tonality as well.

Yup, it sure does.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:09 am

I will second/third that the Mood is completely different than the CT5. They don't really overlap that much and whenever they do I think the CT5 excels at those specific sounds. You could use the Slip mode on the Mood to imitate a CT5 in mode 1 but overall the CT5 does that better and more fluidly. (That's not to say Slip mode isn't fun to use processing the mood's granular loop.) Mood is focused on granular looping and processing where the CT5 is capable of much longer sampling/loop time. The CT5 is also more "in your face" and conspicuous. The mood would never be able to accomplish what mode 3 does on the CT5. It's really difficult to compare the two because they kind of do their own thing.

I think builders who are building pitch/sample/granular pedals are trying to make them as different as possible from each other, especially the CT5. I've noticed in my own experience and by reading other people compare different sample/pitch/granular pedals that people are very reluctant to compare them or say one could replace the other.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby sitarman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Ok thanks for all the good info. I will keep the CT5!
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby Glitches&switches » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 pm

My two cents is the only real comparison between the two pedals is that out of all the wacky pedals out there I consistently find something with both the mood and the count to 5 that is new, that I stubble upon, there's new inspiration and ideas everytime I use them. I do like that I find it easier to recall a particular setting on Mood versus count to 5 but even with a slight overlap they are totally different and unique beasts. I don't use my ct5 a lot and I got rid of it once and regretted it, I will never get rid of it again as it is just one of those pedals that will always be unique and different than anything else out there.
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby zoooombiex » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Others have weighed in, but FWIW

1) Did anyone compare it to the Count to Five? Anyone has both? which do you prefer and why? I think they can sound a lot alike.

>> Agree that those don't really overlap much. The MOOD probably shares more with the Particle 2 and Tensor, but it's really its own thing.

2) Can Mood do a 16 seconds delay like the EHX 16 seconds delay pedal? When doing do that how is the quality of the delay? Isn't it too grainy or noisy?

>> Nope. I've been on a quest to find a small-format 16SDD for a long time and have yet to find anything that can do everything it does. The MOOD doesn't do overdubing (much less overdubbing in opposite directions and different speeds like the 16SDD). The time stretching on the MOOD is way more flexible though. Really nice design on that piece. IMO, the MOOD can do up to about 3ish seconds of looping and sound pretty good. After that the quality drops pretty quickly. And with the clock set to anything below about 12k, it starts to introduce some high end noise even when nothing is playing back. The really lo-fi stuff certainly has its uses, but I don't think the MOOD is meant for long loops like the 16SDD.

3) Can you also control the feedback of the loop side? so that the loops fade out slowly while you are adding new stuff, like you can with a delay I mean.[/quote]

>> No. The delay side can do some of that, but the looping side is static - it's either recording or playing back, and just one layer at a time. You could potentially ramp a fadeout, and you could potentially feed the loop side into the delay and then let it continue on the delay side while you record a new loop. But again, if you're wanting something like the 16SDD I don't think that's what this is meant to do. (I'm holding out hope for the Blooper!)

One other note - when you switch modes on the MOOD, you lose whatever is in the buffer. (E.g., if a loop is playing and you are in ENV mode and you switch to STRETCH, it clears the loop and you have to re-record the loop.) That's a hardware limitation of the FV1 unfortunately. Not a dealbreaker, but I didn't realize it from the demos.

On re-reading that all sounds kind of negative. It's a seriously interesting pedal and I don't plan to ditch it any time soon. But I'm still figuring out if/where it fits in my current setup.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby sitarman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Very informative post! Thanks.
Yes maybe the Blooper is more what I want.
Haven't seen the specs of that. I always hate it when the loops are static. That's why I prefer the delay style looping.
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:02 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Seance » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:31 am

This is nice, as long as you start at the 56-second mark:

I also didn't realize how many of the preset names were based on Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

Uncle Muscles? Celery Man? Where's My Chippy?
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Seance wrote:I also didn't realize how many of the preset names were based on Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

Uncle Muscles? Celery Man? Where's My Chippy?

I can’t wait to get my pedal. I think I’ll set it to Nude Tayne and just leave it.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear