The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:45 pm

I always heard Exene was cool until basically the 2008 election, about the same time Moe Tucker went nuts.

Seems a lot of Boomers got brain worms simultaneously.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:15 pm

she used to seem quite dotty, but essentially well-meaning. i've always given her the side-eye though cos of that line in "Los Angeles" about "every Jew and n***** that gave her shit." not cool even in the context of a time when Nazi stuff was an acceptable fashion option.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby dubkitty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:21 pm

lordgalvar wrote:I worked with a guy named Vince. He followed the dead for years as a "homeless" deadhead. He sold socks to get to the next show (a sock-broker to tie it in). If he saved up enough, he would check into a motel and sell showers to other deadheads. He had a kid with another deadhead and they had a kid. The kid and partner got into meth when the kid was in high school (San Diego area). They were pressuring him for child support so, he claimed, they could keep up the meth.

We were moving shops and it was just Vince and I left load pallets for the forklift. Vince takes off his shirt and says, "Hey Shaggy, what do you think of this?"

He turned around and had a full back tattoo of a swastika. "Us white boys got to stick together, eh? Seen Oildale lately? It's Mexican now"

I told him to shut his mouth and get out of my face in a much more crass manner. Sent his ass home and told my boss to fire him. As he got on his stupid Honda motorcycle I said something like, "You ever mention any of that racist bullshit around me or this shop, you won't be talking for much longer. This shop doesn't tolerate Nazis or Peckerwood assholes."

Like 2/3 of our work force were Latino as was/is my partner. Fuck that guy. I think he came back a for a weeks but and kept trying to appologize but he eventually just kind of faded away and no one really noticed. He never came back. I was/ pissed that guy thought because of the color of my skin I must abide by some prison politics crap.
[/quote]

well, THAT'S equally disgusting and horrifying. i can only speculate that too many dodgy psychedelics melted his brain. i am certain that if he'd shown up at a show with that back-piece he'd have been shunned like an apostate Amishman. but then, anybody who'd charge people for a hotel-room shower is a exploitative shitbag to start with, so i guess it's not surprising that someone with no moral compass in the first place wound up as Nazi scum.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby spacelordmother » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 am

I used to be so surprised to discover hippie kids that had flipped the switch and become asshole conservative xenophobes, but I have seen it so much it just seems like the norm. Wtf.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:03 pm

i guess those types of people were dumb sheep back then and they're hypocritical old sheep now
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:15 pm

This is what comes of doing too much hippie crack in the parking lot before the Dead show. :trippy:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 pm

sadly, it was occasionally true even back in the day. in 1973-74 i lived on the Southwest Side of Chicago; unfortunately, this was only a couple of blocks from the storefront office of the local Nazi party (the folks who were brutally parodied in The Blues Brothers...you'd be amazed how much of that film is fact-based. the dude who played the Nazi leader actually looked like Frank Collin). i had no choice but to drive past it since it was on the main E/W drag in the hood. one day i was passing by and saw a longhair loading boxes of flyers into the trunk of a car. i wanted to grab him and hack off his hair with a pair of rusty scissors..."don't be tarring me with guilt by association."

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Dandolin wrote:This is what comes of doing too much hippie crack in the parking lot before the Dead show. :trippy:

Brain Damage/Eclipse.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 am

It's cooling down in Australia, but still not cold enough to wear my new Yob hoody.

:grumpy:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:01 pm

Torrented the first episode of the new Iggy Pop-produced "Punk" documentary. The interviews are well-shot but I don't know what this exists, it's basically identical (down to the people interviewed) to a multi-part punk doc I rented on VHS in the mid-90s. They could have remastered that and been done with it.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:44 am

I didn't think that I would be that guy who becomes a shaving enthusiast. But I don't know why I didn't get a Safety Razer sooner. Closer shave as well as being much cheaper and way less shitty for the environment.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Safety razors are great. I got on board a few months ago. Similarly, wish I did it years ago!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lost in music » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:47 pm

lordgalvar wrote:"Seen Oildale lately? It's Mexican now"

The 2010 United States Census[5] reported that Oildale had a population of 32,684. The population density was 5,003.2 people per square mile (1,931.8/km²). The racial makeup of Oildale was 27,463 (84.0%) White, 255 (0.8%) African American, 590 (1.8%) Native American, 316 (1.0%) Asian, 30 (0.1%) Pacific Islander, 2,635 (8.1%) from other races, and 1,395 (4.3%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6,301 persons (19.3%).
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby dubkitty » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:02 pm

"one...two...many."

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:13 am

Andrew wrote:Safety Razer

You can shave if you want to, you can shave your friends behind etc.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion