Best for sale listing descriptions?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best for sale listing descriptions?

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Those're groovy, but, perhaps, not as groovy as this? (Maybe I'm biased because of the purple? :idk: )

https://reverb.com/item/24547463-b-c-ri ... -and-black

Nitro always shoots straight . . .

First, I’ll give you the bad news so if something is a deal killer, you don’t have to spend more time on the listing . . .

Second, I’ll give you the good news about the item . . .

Next, I’ll give any brief commentary on the item and any history I know, speculate, or surmise . . . and I’ll leave you with a listening suggestion appropriate for the item . . . read everything below, look at all pictures; they are part of the description and essential for your consideration

Continental USA shipping only

THE BAD: Unfortunately, lots to list here. First, neck crack at the headstock. Missing truss rod and electronics covers. It gets better, the previous owner had a perfectly nice early USA BCR Gunslinger and, apparently, thought the angled pickup was a bad form factor so he took his screwdriver, chisel, or broken cervesa bottle to re-install the pup square to the trem, with appropriate extra screw holes for this mod, actually several. Seems he couldn’t get it right, so back to the original angled position it went. There’s more, not satisfied with the stock trem, he dropped a different one in there but . . . oops, the block wasn’t deep enough. Re-install the perfectly good stock trem? Oh no, back to woodworking he went chiseling out the trem cavity so the springs, almost, didn’t scrape the body. Lastly, the action is what polite folks would describe as crap. No case, no bag. lots ‘o chips, dings, scratches, etc. Other than that . . .

THE GOOD: It is an early USA BCR Gunslinger. Indications of it being an early one include the low B0836 serial number. Yes I know about the “randomly grab a plate from the box,” and, yes, the numbers don’t nail down a date but this is one of the lowest I’ve owned and all my others in that range were very early STIIIs/Gunslingers. Recessed front strap button and recessed trem/electronics cavity routes were quickly abandoned with flush mount covers when the production numbers of superstrats BCR was putting out increased substantially. Oh, the trem cavity cover isn’t missing, it never had one; check pics, they didn’t drill the body for that cover.

Pretty cool PURPLE and black paint job. Note, I took pics outside in direct and indirect sunlight, and indoors with different lighting and could not capture the color quite right. It is NOT red and black, or pink, or sorta purple, it is PURPLE and black. The purple has a very subtle gradation from the front to back of each stripe. The only pic that kind of gets the color right is the one looking down the neck from the headstock (pic 8) and to some extent the first body-front pic.

There is a headstock crack but, wood is wood and can be tidied up if desired. Crack is behind the locking nut so it will still hold tune. Gunslinger necks have a distinctly different feel/profile compared to same era STIIIs and many prefer the Gunslingers.

New strings installed, '9s

Truss rod works; not a lot of fret wear.

Real Grover tuners.

The pickup is a wax-potted “MOTHERBUCKER.” Couldn’t find a pick of this one on the net but a couple manufacturers seem to have used that name.

The Floyd Rose licensed low pro trem looks clean, like it didn’t get much use. Includes trem bar.

Commentary: Not much info other than the above, I've had it about 15 years and haven't done anything with it.

ADD ME TO YOUR SAVED SELLERS, LOTS MORE COMING!!

Suggested listening for this one is easy, 29x the Pain by the greatest living RnR songwriter, Ginger Wildheart; listen on tha tube at “THE WILDHEARTS - 29 x The Pain”
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 28, 2019 9:49 am

Not good enough, eh?

OK. :whateva:

https://reverb.com/item/24613469-kod-ng-14-1985-black

"For sale my first and only at that sad times guitar effect Made in Communistic Poland in 1985.

I was using that for over 8 years on stage and served me perfectly. Heavy stage use and rehearsals. Heavy metal cover.

Potentiometers require some attention as not in use for quite long time, removed 4 caps as always used in max position, base plate was a bit rusty so I placed some sticker to cover the rust.

No battery operated but adapter supplied: again showing poor communistic times, modified but works OK. European plug but If you need UK plug let me know so I would swap. There are 2 power supply socket but you need just one, does not matter which one. The other is for power supply loop what was clever.

What interesting about the effect is, in clean mode red light is on, when you switch distortion the red led goes off; well, made in Poland.

Original knobs still in Poland, on request I can post them free of charges later on when I go there."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

https://reverb.com/item/22147421-taylor ... ywood-film

"For sale here is simply no ordinary trumpet. It's a bona fide work of art.

Up for grabs here is a BREATHTAKING one-of-a-kind BRAND NEW Taylor Bb trumpet (based on their deluxe and heavy Chicago) with THREADED MOUTHPIECES that was custom built for a Hollywood feature film that got shelved because of a high profile scandal and film studio restructuring. This is a part of HISTORY, friends! And the horn was even named "Louisiana" (stenciled next to "Taylor"). This is a special horn that was held by lead A-list actors but played scarcely and always handled/played in the presence of the professional trumpet player who was preparing the actors for their roles at the time.

It's a looooong sordid tale that even involved rituals in New Orleans to bless these instruments and fill them with the Mojo of the greatest horn players of all time... but all you need to know is that we have been tasked with finding new homes for three horns amazing and truly unique horns. Firstly, as you probably all know, Andy Taylor is a FIRST CLASS builder and the three best horn builders in the world today (and for quite some time) have been Taylor, Monette and Harrelson. All different and all incredibly talented, producing the best of the new custom horns out there. But if we had to be honest and dish about which horns make us swoon the most, then it would have to be Taylor.

This bad boy is not your ordinary trumpet. Even Andy's top of the line Bb trumpets couldn't compete with this horn from the second it was all put together. Andy Taylor decided to fabricate THREADED mouthpieces for this trumpet—truly rare for him. And because of this, there is such a solid and quick lock with this horn that produces an even WARMER tone than his standard custom heavy Chicagos. This thing can easily take on a flugel or flumpet with the right approach and attack. It kills with jazz and can totally belt any classical piece with the proper air to support it's massive tonal range.

Andy Taylor didn't spare any expense on this horn that was the first of two he custom created for this Hollywood production. It was also one of the first times he heat color-modified horn this intense. The result is that it's simply breathtaking to see and play. You never know how heat-treated horns will come out and with THIS ONE, Andy really knocked it out of the park!

It's really hard to describe how cool this horn looks. There is NO ONE out there with anything remotely close to the look and feel of this horn. Simply a masterpiece and we have to pull it out occasionally just to dig into the crazy beautiful patterns in the metal—that almost looks LIQUID and oozing under the lacquer if you stare at it for more than a few seconds. It's hard to describe. On top of all this, it simply glistens with its top shelf high gloss lacquer treatment.

This beauty will come with a high end hard or soft case as well as two custom mouthpieces specially made for this horn—again, the mouthpieces are THREADED! The horn also comes with custom blue sunken blue paua finger buttons and custom matching valve bottom caps. It also comes with matching sunken green paua buttons and bottom caps as well as the original gold buttons and caps. These extra sets alone would cost you a pretty penny. There is also talk of yet two additional high-tech custom two-piece mouthpieces that that were made for this horn, as well. But they presently can't be located but when they're found, they will be forwarded to the new owner.

"Louisiana" has been well-maintained by professionals through the transition and no lapses in cleaning, greasing or oiling ever occurred. This horn is in brand new condition and will never be made again or copied. It is being offered at $8,900 or best offer. It's being sold at an appraised fair market price to help the main production company recoup hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses, which it won't even get a fraction of. But AT LEAST... a couple lucky musicians will get to play and enjoy these one-off rare high-end instruments.

Please check out the amazing 1940 Martin Committee Handcraft we have for sale. We also have a historic Vintage Selmer Balanced, two brand new Monette trumpet cases, a gorgeous new Glenn Cronkhite flugelhorn case, a gorgeous (and new) original Reunion Blues black (faux) alligator gig bag and a bunch of amazing mouthpieces up for grabs.

Thanks for looking!"
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Tue May 28, 2019 10:23 am

That KOD has me tempted! Never even heard of those! To the interwebs!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue May 28, 2019 10:26 am

The shipping!!! THE SHIPPING!!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 28, 2019 10:32 am

Shipping from Belfast, UK (to me, at least, anyway) is comin' up at $131.60.

That doesn't dissuade you? :idk: :snax:

EDIT: :lol:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:24 pm

https://reverb.com/item/25066921-gibson ... mised-land

"Gibson Lap steel BR-9 made sometime in the 1950's. The lap steel was sold as a 59' to the current owner, although the pots date all the way back to 1949, this could have been made anytime in the 1950's.

This Gibson lap steel was used on "Queensryche"s "Promised Land" record and can be seen in the youtube video attached as guitarist Michael Wilton shows his instruments he is using on the making of the album at the 17:56 mark.

The Lap steel is in fair condition at the moment, but could be easily fixed up/restored. The tuning machines are beginning to crumble, which is very common for its age. All of the tuning machines currently work, however the high E sting is falling apart and may not survive restringing after taking apart for photos. (These tuning machines are easy to find and replace.)

The neck and body are in great shape and the body and fretboard are very clean for the age of the instrument. The pots have matching codes that date to 1949, and the lap steel sounds good and plays, however there is a grounding sound that comes on when turning up the tone knob. This could be normal for single coil lapsteels of the early 50's or it could need a re-solder somewhere.

The case has both working latches on the front however the back latches are missing the poles (which are easily replaceable).

The pickup, knobs and face plate are all original in in great condition, the lap steel also comes with two different types of original slides.

This is a very cool vintage instrument with interesting history behind it. You can keep it as a collectors piece or restore it and use it. Feel free to contact me with any specific questions."
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:57 pm

https://reverb.com/item/25816176-drum-v ... int-cracks

"Top and bottom measure 14 in x 12 H
X 16 in wide in the middle
Here is another Vintage Drum ( of some kind) make me an offer.
The body of this item is solid, no soft spots- besides the paint, it was in a very tight material and where the zipper touched it ( someone placed other items on top and pressed the zipper into the exterior surface ) their are pictures that show what happened. But even where the damage is from the zipper it’s solid all the way through. Inside of this drum their is some kind of chime of something that makes musical sounds. I have no idea what it’s worth, if it’s worth anything, so I’m going to list it high and if it doesn’t sell probably keep it for something to decorate the office with. This is just another piece I inherited so I’ll try to sell it. Make me any offer if you’re interested, who knows maybe it’s worthless.... I’m not a musician by any means but I do love my music.

Thanks for looking and have a great day. I do have a few more pieces to list in this area."
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:13 am

What a douche. There's soooo much to nitpick about this one. :picard:

1) the fucking hype is so thick it's absurd
2) the price is disgusting. no one is going to pay $500 for a pedal, let alone $850.
3) no box....but you fucking photographed it with a box?!? If you're hoping to cash in on insane collector fees, then you've got to deliver all the case candy.
4) $30 shipping? It's a fucking pedal without a box. Even if you insure it for $850, that shouldn't add $18 to domestic shipping.
5A) Rest assured, guys. He e-mailed EQD to verify it's authentic. Phew, what a relief.
5B) If you're going to post a hype-laden, corksniffing ad like this you probably shouldn't tell anyone that you're so uninformed and unknowledgeable that you initially feared it was a bootleg or non-factory customization.
6) I don't care if this a joke. I'm so sick of this clutter.
7) Fuck this guy.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:45 am

"Wow amazing pedal, just incredible. Too much for me though! I really really love it but I am thinning the heard and need to get rid of some of my most cherished pedals. Really hard to let this one go.

I've been getting a lot of ire about my asking price, so look, this is basically like a Dumble of glitch pedals, so it's perfectly reasonable."

https://reverb.com/item/26825427-cooper ... rd-v2-2019

:ilw:

$25,000?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:54 am

Crossposted from another thread:

https://reverb.com/item/27695571-eqd-su ... g-listings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7G50ysUWdI

Sunn O))) Life pedal replica.

* RELISTED ITEM. THE REVERB LISTINGS TEAM ARE SHUTTING DOWN PERFECTLY TRANSPARENT LISTINGS DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NONSENSE. WITHOUT A POINT OF REFERENCE AS TO WHAT THE UNIT REPLICATES, SALES ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE. THEY ARE ALSO IMPOSSIBLE FOR BUYERS TO FIND. THEY ARE WILLING TO PROMOTE BIG COMPANIES FOR A FEE, AND TO HYPE OVERPRICED NONSENSE.

THE LIFE PEDAL IS THE LATEST EXPRESSION OF THIS GAS INDUCED VULGARITY, AND THANK THE LORD FOR CLONES WHICH ARE PRICED FOR MUSICIANS RATHER THAN 'CLICK AND FLIP' CAPITALISTS TO RESELL ON REVERB.

IF THIS AD DISAPPEARS, CHECK EBAY FOR MY UNITS. EBAY ARE STARTING TO LOOK A LOT MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN REVERB, AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING!

Here's my ad while it lasts:)

Missed the rush for the EQD/Sunn O)))/Reverb sale and the following capitalistic vulgarity?

Here's a great chance to get the tone and save some money.

This unit has been built using a manufactured pcb (not point to point on vero) and features 0.6w 1% resistors, NOS germanium diodes perfectly matched for forward voltage (for the octave section), and a hand painted custom 1590XX enclosure.

This unit features a third foot switch for switching the octave section on/off.

The Life pedal is basically a Rat + octave + booster. The booster can be utilised independently, the Rat and octave functions are paired.

Three position toggle switch for the diode clipping in the Rat section.

This unit is a fraction of the price of the EQD, and features a monstrous tone befitting the almighty Sunn O)))

Will be posted tracked and fully insured.

Thanks for looking!

* There is a quickly uploaded a video demo on YouTube of one of my previous listings which had a different paint scheme. Please excuse the quality of the camera mic and scrappy playing! It's just there to illustrate the tonality, and I think the power of the unit was a bit too much for the camera mic to handle!
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Whoever posted this... it's like they opened up my brain and wrote an ad based on my sense of humor. This one feels like a gift from the universe. My favorite part is... he never listed a price :lol: . Sometimes, we are the creator of our own problems.
Last edited by $harkToootth on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Oh, that's a good one. Mad. :mad:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm

This one is much lighter but still... fun times in New Jersey!
In case you can't see (sorry I take a picture on my phone and send it to my friends cause I'm lazy)... "Genuine Shamanic Drum, hand made by my shaman wit Elk hide when I lived in Colorado. Many a soul retrieval with this instrument. Needs a new home" I think it was $40 or something...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:46 am

you could just about sing that to the tune of "Many A Mile To Freedom" by Traffic:

many a soul retrieval
with this shamanic drum
in Colorado my shaman
killed an elk and then gave me some...
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:52 am

https://reverb.com/item/27927090-fender ... e-metallic

Kurt Cobain --- ((( HIS NUMBER 1 ))) >>>1972 -73' Fender Mustang Left Handed custom painted by Kurt himself and has his thumb print on the back of the guitar which he did while the paint was still drying / setting . The finger print has been authenticated and was done by comparing his finger print records from the Seattle Police Dept. which was taken during 1 of his arrest..... The custom blended blue metallic paint was done in an artistic style and reflects his desire for making 1 of a kinds !
Notice how the headstock does not have the Mustang logo on it -- this is the way it was received from the factory and we have not seen any others like it.... All paperwork will be included ---- including copies of the police finger print file and the original store receipts with Kurts signature on them from the ( PAWN SHOP ) where he bought it on sale for a whopping $ 227.89 .... If you are not a serious buyer and or are not able to afford a high end item like this than please do not send request for more detailed information on this guitar as it just takes up to much of our time just to basically talk to people about the guitar and Nirvana in general which is basically chit-chat. We are listing the guitar to sell not to display and swap stories about...... Thank you in advance for your discretion!!!!! your friend, Robby
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear