Is it time for a new drum machine thread?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Is it time for a new drum machine thread?

Postby MrNovember » Mon May 27, 2019 9:40 pm

So I managed to get my hands on that TR-330 and I am so happy! I need to try and fix the balance knob, but it sounds great:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0fnB0hy_T/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx_Mu4_h0_H/
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby chromandre » Mon May 27, 2019 10:29 pm

dubkitty wrote:I have a HR-16 that i like a lot, but it's an ungodly pain to program if you're doing anything other than fairly stock quantized patterns. i've spent too much of my life scrolling endlessly through 8-beat patterns so i can offset one cymbal hit by 1 or 2 positions to make the part breathe.

I loved that thing, I mistreated it and it eventually crapped out so moved on to an mpc2000 but I mostly use it in the same exact way I wouldve used the HR-16
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Tue May 28, 2019 12:40 am

MrNovember wrote:I've owned the original Drumbrute, which was actually really nice to program. Super easy to use! However, I hated how it sounded. It was absolutely essential to run it through a few pedals.

This. The step sequencer makes it so easy to program that it stays in my possession. Definitely needs a gain pedal or bitcrusher to come alive. I would think the Impact would be more rad with built in gain but I haven't heard one IRL. The OG version has a metronome out that I really need for syncing.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear