Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:27 pm

Those aren’t blems, they’ve been relic’d. +20% next time!
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:37 pm

Lofi finish
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Somnambulance » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:07 pm

DRodriguez wrote:Lofi finish

Lofi finish CT5's man wow I'm so glad I swooped on one when I could
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Paul_C » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Hurrah!

I have heard mention of the Transcendence mode a few times, but not got round to finding out what it is, but thanks to a picture that popped up on Imgur I've had it working on both of my CT5s (a second hurrah that I didn't end up selling one).

I just spent a good 40 mins playing with 2 CT5s, a BitQuest as a delay between them and a Particle after them all.

Once I'd got a bit of something going in the first CT5 I recorded a snippet with the second and played with both for a bit, then recorded another snippet, and so on.

Hours of fun :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby njschneider2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:42 am

Would it be possible in a future firmware update to add midi via usb to the Ct5, using a USB midi host? Or would that require a hardware change?
njschneider2

involved
involved

Postby multi_s » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:33 pm

njschneider2 wrote:Would it be possible in a future firmware update to add midi via usb to the Ct5, using a USB midi host? Or would that require a hardware change?

Probably it will never happen.

Sorry.

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Paul_C » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Paul_C wrote:Hurrah!

I have heard mention of the Transcendence mode a few times, but not got round to finding out what it is, but thanks to a picture that popped up on Imgur I've had it working on both of my CT5s (a second hurrah that I didn't end up selling one).

I just spent a good 40 mins playing with 2 CT5s, a BitQuest as a delay between them and a Particle after them all.

Once I'd got a bit of something going in the first CT5 I recorded a snippet with the second and played with both for a bit, then recorded another snippet, and so on.

This is the last 15 mins of last night's fun, with just a little trim to remove the sound of me turning the recorder off.

At this point I'd put down the guitar and was just playing with the controls on the pedals.

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Very nice Paul_C (:
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Somnambulance » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 am

Paul_C wrote:
Paul_C wrote:Hurrah!

This is the last 15 mins of last night's fun, with just a little trim to remove the sound of me turning the recorder off.

At this point I'd put down the guitar and was just playing with the controls on the pedals.

this is good study music

I really need to get back to making recordings like this
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby stelpa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Hiya! This is directed at Scott, since this seems to be the easiest way to reach him (though if anyone else knows that'd be cool also) - I'm a synth player who just purchased (and is waiting eagerly for) my first Count To Five, and was wondering whether it would be safe to put Eurorack-type signals (+5v, no negative voltages in my setup) into the Expression Pedal input? Other digital pedals I have can tolerate 5v (e.g. Earthquaker stuff), but they generally cut off anything above 3.3v - does the same go to CT5? I want to experiment with sequencing/modulating some parameters on the CT5, and am worried I might brick it if I accidentally send it +5v.

By the way, thanks a bunch for your incredible work Scott! I'm currently making an FX inspired by the CT5, and will be excited to share it with you when it's more complete :)

~Allie

Edit: Also, I see earlier someone was asking if you'd be able to create an updated version of that alternate firmware that allowed you to record by tapping once to start and again to end instead of holding, which would be great for synth players! Just curious if you still plan on making that update (i'm sure you've been super busy!) Thanks again :)
stelpa

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Hey there, welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately, with the CT5, you'll also need to keep it under 3.3v.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby stelpa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:00 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:Hey there, welcome to the forum.

Oh darn, that stinks :\ I'm a little scared to potentially damage my ct5 so I may have to abstain from cv shenanigans (for now at least) - 5v tolerance would be pretty cool though. Maybe there's a workaround?

Ty for the quick answer and warm welcome though :)
stelpa

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby stelpa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:53 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:Hey there, welcome to the forum.

Wait, I actually think I may have misunderstood you - are you saying that the CT5 will be destroyed if you send it more than 3.3v, or are you saying it will just ignore values higher than that? Fingers crossed it's the latter! I can deal with staying within 3.3v, but I don't want to destroy it if I accidentally send some 5v. Hope that makes sense.
stelpa

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Here's a quote from Scott from earlier in the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=43246&p=1155395&hilit=+voltage#p1155395

multi_s wrote:the ct5 is only happy up to 3.3VDC. THere is some protection/tolerance a bit above but i really do not recommend using a cv if you are not clamping the input voltage somehow. If you blow the cpu this way i will not warranty it since i do not advertise it as a cv in/ there is not much protection/it expects a pot and only a pot/sorry that is the design for now. You could hack some parts onto the small pcb holding the expression jack (on rev j and up) or onto the panel mounted expression jack (revh,i) to make it safer but as it is it's nto super well protected from excessive voltage on teh expression input.

from the 8 step manual though:

EXP/CV OUT Jack

The 8-STEP’s sequence is output through this jack. When connecting to the Expression
input on an external pedal or other device, normally you will want to connect the TRS cable
that came supplied with the 8-STEP to the 8-STEP’s EXP/CV jack. If you are connecting the
8-STEP to a CV input, use a standard ¼” mono/TS instrument cable instead, the same type
of cable you would plug into a guitar. When a TRS cable is plugged into the EXP/CV OUT
jack, the 8-STEP works as a replacement for a typical expression pedal with the following
connections: TIP = potentiometer wiper or output signal, RING = Toe position and
SLEEVE = Heel position.
This is the standard polarity for the TRS plug of an expression
pedal that many in the industry follow including all EHX products as well as Boss®
/Roland® ,Moog®, Nord® etc. Tip: To work properly with devices that accept 3.3V as their maximum,
such as Eventide® products, set DEPTH to 5.

regarding 7v, again ymmv. there is some protection but not much. Anything over 3v will be the same as toe down on expression pedal and may damage the device.

s
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby stelpa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Here's a quote from Scott from earlier in the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=43246&p=1155395&hilit=+voltage#p1155395

multi_s wrote:the ct5 is only happy up to 3.3VDC. THere is some protection/tolerance a bit above but i really do not recommend using a cv if you are not clamping the input voltage somehow. If you blow the cpu this way i will not warranty it since i do not advertise it as a cv in/ there is not much protection/it expects a pot and only a pot/sorry that is the design for now. You could hack some parts onto the small pcb holding the expression jack (on rev j and up) or onto the panel mounted expression jack (revh,i) to make it safer but as it is it's nto super well protected from excessive voltage on teh expression input.

from the 8 step manual though:

EXP/CV OUT Jack

The 8-STEP’s sequence is output through this jack. When connecting to the Expression
input on an external pedal or other device, normally you will want to connect the TRS cable
that came supplied with the 8-STEP to the 8-STEP’s EXP/CV jack. If you are connecting the
8-STEP to a CV input, use a standard ¼” mono/TS instrument cable instead, the same type
of cable you would plug into a guitar. When a TRS cable is plugged into the EXP/CV OUT
jack, the 8-STEP works as a replacement for a typical expression pedal with the following
connections: TIP = potentiometer wiper or output signal, RING = Toe position and
SLEEVE = Heel position.
This is the standard polarity for the TRS plug of an expression
pedal that many in the industry follow including all EHX products as well as Boss®
/Roland® ,Moog®, Nord® etc. Tip: To work properly with devices that accept 3.3V as their maximum,
such as Eventide® products, set DEPTH to 5.

regarding 7v, again ymmv. there is some protection but not much. Anything over 3v will be the same as toe down on expression pedal and may damage the device.

s

Ah, didn't see that, thanks a bunch :) Might look into getting one of those 8steps then, sound like fun!
stelpa

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly