POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: apolitical/bitter partisanship/chronic dysfunction threa

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:00 pm

K2000 wrote:
repoman wrote:
The GOP and Trump are not friends, Trump won because of his direct opposition to the GOP, he could care less what they do, conservative voters are largely disgusted with the GOP.

The people that were the most enthusiastic for Trump in 2016, are now starting to abandon him because he has basically achieved nothing in terms of any of his campaign promises.

Nope. Trump has approx. 90% approval rating among Republican voters. 90% !!!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8hEVXV1.png[img]

https://news.gallup.com/poll/248135/subgroup-differences-trump-approval-mostly-party-based.aspx

The GOP is all about traditions and loyalty. Were it not for that bit of indoctrination I doubt this flavor of republican would have been elected. We gotta face facts here - Trump's gonna get re-elected unless there's something incredibly damning in his tax returns. WIth as defensive as he is, it's likely one of 2.5 things:

1. He got a shitfuckton of money from foreign/Russian banks,
2a. He's in a lot of debt AND/OR
2b. He's not as wealthy as he makes himself appear to be.

Option 1 is bad for him politically. Options 2a and 2b are bad for his fragile ego. Only option 1 has any real implications on his political livelihood.

Sonaboy wrote:
repoman wrote: Hilldawgs Fusion GPS...

This hysterical tin foil hat shit is so embarrassing.

LULZ

Fusion is for sale to anyone who wants to pay. That's what consulting services are.

Mueller's report doesn't exonerate T and his band of fuck ups.
What's embarrassing is the GOPs reflexive Whataboutism and Clinton-did-it constant mantra as misdirection from their obvious win-at-all-costs power grab.
It's a fig leaf for all the financial shell games T and his crew played to funnel money into their pockets from taxpayers and donors. More people will be going to jail.

The real question in my mind is "how long until the GOP and/or US politics as a whole recovers from this skidmark on our nation's history?" The US system of government is sometimes called the greatest experiment in political science, and just like all grand experiments a few tests blow up in our face; Trump is one such example.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 am

Jwar wrote:I'm going to make a prediction. Trump wins 2020 and we have a huge, huge riot in the country like never seen before.

I really think this is a plausible thing. Time will tell.

Sadly that all it would end up, a fucking excuse to loot each other, not do something productive.... Like behead all the billionaires.. :cool:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:30 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:The real question in my mind is "how long until the GOP and/or US politics as a whole recovers from this skidmark on our nation's history?" The US system of government is sometimes called the greatest experiment in political science, and just like all grand experiments a few tests blow up in our face; Trump is one such example.

i don't think it recovers. by the time they're done, the current administration will have locked in their back-to-the-1860s agenda for the next century, which means economic collapse and probably a civil war. the only way America retains clout under these conditions is by war, economic or military. and believe me, the rich will happily send millions of us to die so they can keep their expense accounts.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 am

Our future?

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 am

Putin on the writs.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:27 am

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:48 am

he was at least smart enough to cancel the planned kick-off here in Charlottesville...folks here were ANGERY at him for exploiting our trauma for his ego project.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 pm

dubkitty wrote:Putin on the writs.

Putin on the griz:
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Gone Fission wrote:
dubkitty wrote:Putin on the writs.

Putin on the griz:

I wore this sweater to a party a few years back:

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:54 pm

It's kind of disturbing that the Trump administration feels the ideas behind the Green New Deal and socialized medicine are extreme. :whoa:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 am

So, quick question. Are people cool with Biden now? It seems like more and more shit is getting thrown out there about him that honestly makes him seems like kind of a POS, but at the same time, I don't know what to believe anymore. Thoughts?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:59 am

Honestly, it's way too early in the primary process to be able to tell if he'll end up being a viable candidate. :snax:

He's got a high profile, but, as you've noted, his "old-school politician" vibe is working against him. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:15 am

he introduced the RAVE Act, is opposed to Medicare For All, thinks marijuana is a "gateway drug," and supported the invasion of Iraq. fuck his neoliberal ass.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:15 am

not to mention that he's a chronic sex pest.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion