Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby qersty » Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 pm

From time to time I wonder "Hey are there any cool builders in Sweden?" and google it and find nothing, forget, repeat. Are there any sick ass builders I'm missing out on or is this just bore-land pedal wise?

The only builders I know currently are Parasit and Moody (also some really boring cloners nobody could care about) but that's it. It would be really fun to have some pedals from not-abroad
qersty

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 pm

I was going to say Parasit, so I guess I'm not helpful at all.

Norway has Pladask, Fjord Fuzz and Hypnodrone, so we win anyways. In your face, Swedes!
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Norway

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed May 15, 2019 2:00 pm

Isn't BJF from Sweden?
The Wind in the Trees - Heavy glitch-laden Baltimore noise

BSRI FZZ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlV2Q42Ror0
whoismarykelly

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Isn't BJF from Sweden?

BJFE is, according to this nearly off-the-rails wiki entry.
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 15, 2019 2:51 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Isn't BJF from Sweden?


I think the operative word was "cool". :cool: Though, I guess that's subjective. :idk:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 37059
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Isn't BJF from Sweden?


I think the operative word was "cool". :cool: Though, I guess that's subjective. :idk:

Image
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby qersty » Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Isn't BJF from Sweden?


I think the operative word was "cool". :cool: Though, I guess that's subjective. :idk:

You said it :cool:
qersty

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 15, 2019 3:03 pm

:erm: I happen to really like the Moody Sounds Moody Way I've got. :love:

(Yeah, Moody Sounds does offer a bunch of clones, but he also has some original designs. :idk: :snax: )
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 37059
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby qersty » Wed May 15, 2019 3:06 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I was going to say Parasit, so I guess I'm not helpful at all.

Norway has Pladask, Fjord Fuzz and Hypnodrone, so we win anyways. In your face, Swedes!

Yeah you seem to get ALL the fun recently since the danes toned down their operation. What kinda stuff does Fjord make? I've seen pictures of them and I really dig the look but never bothered to listen to sounds
qersty

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby qersty » Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Isn't BJF from Sweden?

BJFE is, according to this nearly off-the-rails wiki entry.

It is amazing this is up still. It makes sense now why my facebook feed had so many old dudes posting these now if there a swedish company
qersty

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby frodog » Wed May 15, 2019 3:13 pm

EBS (so uncool they're cool?), KTW http://www.ktw.se/pedaler/ (coolness TBD, they have a purple one tho (just a regular dist)), TinyPedals http://www.tinypedals.com/Pedaler.html (maybe coolest so far except for Parasit)

There are probably some other builders/circuit designers I'm overlooking, sorry.
frodog

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm
Location: the hollowed out chest of a dead horse

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby qersty » Wed May 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Chankgeez wrote::erm: I happen to really like the Moody Sounds Moody Way I've got. :love:

(Yeah, Moody Sounds does offer a bunch of clones, but he also has some original designs. :idk: :snax: )

Moody is the man! Super good supplier and the kits are nice as hell. I think their bass overdrive is supposed to be pretty cool
qersty

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby frodog » Wed May 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Yeah I'm definitely getting some Moody kits soon, I been sleepin.
frodog

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm
Location: the hollowed out chest of a dead horse

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby qersty » Wed May 15, 2019 3:51 pm

frodog wrote:EBS (so uncool they're cool?), KTW http://www.ktw.se/pedaler/ (coolness TBD, they have a purple one tho (just a regular dist)), TinyPedals http://www.tinypedals.com/Pedaler.html (maybe coolest so far except for Parasit)

There are probably some other builders/circuit designers I'm overlooking, sorry.

Oh yeah I think I remember seeing the tinypedals reverb sometime. EBS is the uncoolest except for the og EBS-1 and that is fax! Seriously they make the most boring pedals ever, amps are pretty fine tho. Rocked one of their 112s for a while, solid combo that beats the ampeg stuff by miles

Remembered this guy, pretty cool looking multi band od. Seems more Euro stuff tho https://dpw.se/product/mog-av-1-attenuverter/
qersty

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 15, 2019 4:20 pm

qersty wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:I was going to say Parasit, so I guess I'm not helpful at all.

Norway has Pladask, Fjord Fuzz and Hypnodrone, so we win anyways. In your face, Swedes!

Yeah you seem to get ALL the fun recently since the danes toned down their operation. What kinda stuff does Fjord make? I've seen pictures of them and I really dig the look but never bothered to listen to sounds

They're super vanilla fuzz circuits, they're just well put together and have a nice look (IMO).
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Norway

Next

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coldbrightsunlight, Google [Bot] and 8 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.