POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: apolitical/bitter partisanship/chronic dysfunction threa

Postby Jwar » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:58 pm

They listen to us through our cell phones, so why not that way right?

Here's an idea for the people of Chicago. Don't rob people at gun point so that you have to be put on house arrest. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:06 pm

I am going to propose that the DOJ rename themselves the "Department of Jokes" (and not very good ones at that). :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Second time as farce: https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/barr ... o-in-1989/

Hadn’t been aware of this history when I had easily spotted the telltale signs of clever lawyering deviously distorting underlying reality. I don’t fully know what it is, of course, but I recognize the smoke and mirrors.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Second time as farce: https://www.justsecurity.org/63635/barr ... o-in-1989/

Hadn’t been aware of this history when I had easily spotted the telltale signs of clever lawyering deviously distorting underlying reality. I don’t fully know what it is, of course, but I recognize the smoke and mirrors.

I'm going to withhold my prodigious damnation until after the Mueller report is released. I understand the need to redact the parts pertaining to any ongoing investigations, but if Barr is too profuse with the black marker then the fishy smell will skyrocket from "fish stand during a midsummers day" to "canned catfood processing factory in Chernobyl." In other words, get your clothespins ready, lads.

That being said, I hope he's smart enough to know what would happen if he redacts too much; I can't imagine Trump will be the hill he chooses to die on. Although he did condense a 400 page report into a very shallow 4-ish page summary....
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Besides Barr’s own history, this is certainly an area ripe with precedents: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_N._Mitchell
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Anyone fancy some light reading? Only 448 pages

https://media.npr.org/assets/news/2019/ ... report.pdf

Volume I is about Russian interference in the 2016 election. Volume II deals with Trump's obstruction, and begins on PDF page 208.

So far it seems very lightly redacted. For now I'm just chipping away at Volume II, since Vol. I offers no surprises (Spoiler: Russia definitely interfered; this was bluntly said in Mueller's memo).

EDIT 1
Okay I was wrong about the redactions, the last quarter of Vol. I is loaded with redactions. Also, the document is not searchable (at least not on Preview) so this is gonna take a while, especially with a full workday to boot.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Sonaboy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:39 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote: if Barr is too profuse with the black marker then the fishy smell will skyrocket

Well, Congress still has the option of subpoena for Mueller if they feel like chopping through Barr's redactions to make them public. But they will probably wait while other aspects of tangent investigations conclude anyway. I would bet money they'll play that card before the final stage of election season, even if it doesn't lead to a smoking gun. It just makes Trump act crazy, which helps Dems in ways that pure fundraising never could.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby repoman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Does it explain why the FBI chose: "to not make traditional prosecutorial judgement?"

The section about obstruction of justice seems to be Trump admin telling DOJ to drop the case because there is nothing there, FBI concludes that there is nothing there, and in order to save face they have this ridiculous politically motivated "does not exonerate" portion.

Seems like the "to not make traditional prosecutorial judgement" is in there in order to facilitate this "does not exonerate" stance....has this stance ever been in any other investigation? It makes no sense in US judicial terms, its a bit of fluff at the end to take a political dig.

Why would Mueller conclude without resolving these issues if they were in fact issues? Makes no sense, he is not limited by time or money.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Because the report establishes that members of his campaign met with Russians to interfere with the elections. There isn't evidence of Trump personally doing it, but if the people working for him did this on his behalf, and those people follow Trump's instructions, then it does not exonerate him.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm

James Clapper thinks it's pretty damning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke4QksnUZnc

:idk: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby repoman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 pm

friendship wrote:Because the report establishes that members of his campaign met with Russians to interfere with the elections. There isn't evidence of Trump personally doing it, but if the people working for him did this on his behalf, and those people follow Trump's instructions, then it does not exonerate him.

Do you have the page numbers talking about this?
I thought Barr specifically said that the Russians had illegally interfered with the election but that no US citizens collaborated with these groups, or had knowledge of these groups.

I think this illustrates how politicized the report is:

What a joke.

Prosecutors don't exonerate people.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Chankgeez wrote:James Clapper thinks it's pretty damning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke4QksnUZnc

:idk: :snax:

In for a penny, in for a pound.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:20 pm

eurovision'd
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion