My Favorite Dictator

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: apolitical/bitter partisanship/chronic dysfunction threa

Postby friendship » Thu May 02, 2019 3:10 pm

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 am

Welp, between medical professionals now able to refuse care on religious or concetious objector terms, amd the DCCC's tomfuckery regarding vendors for canidates going up against dem incumbents, I'm just having to accept a propable trump 2 the electric boogaloo
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby dubkitty » Fri May 03, 2019 7:39 am

i'm starting to think that the extreme leftists back in the 70s were right when they used to say "vote for the biggest pig cos it'll make the revolution come sooner."
"we are all Romans
we live to regret it"--Bullen/Hayward/Williams, 1981

"your joys are counterfeit
this happiness corrupt political shit"--Richey Edwards, 1991

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Postby Gone Fission » Fri May 03, 2019 7:50 am

Nope. Frogs on a slowly heating pan. Or, in more modern parlance,

D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 03, 2019 7:57 am

Is that last panel supposed to look like Trump or is it just a coincidence? :whoa:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri May 03, 2019 9:54 am

dubkitty wrote:i'm starting to think that the extreme leftists back in the 70s were right when they used to say "vote for the biggest pig cos it'll make the revolution come sooner."

One has to wonder if they voted for Trump now that the boomers are near-retirement
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Fri May 03, 2019 11:22 am

dubkitty wrote:i'm starting to think that the extreme leftists back in the 70s were right when they used to say "vote for the biggest pig cos it'll make the revolution come sooner."

Also, the Chomsky/Zizek controversy where Zizek argued exactly this line in 2016?
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 05, 2019 11:03 am

"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun May 05, 2019 11:59 am

Why is no one talking about how they cheated that horse that cheated?
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 05, 2019 12:06 pm

:whoa: :idk:

#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Sun May 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Honestly, not his biggest fan, though I am likely gonna vote for him or Warren for want of better choices, but this is funny as fuck
Https://reason.com/2019/05/03/bernie-sa ... access-tv/
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Gone Fission » Sun May 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Chankgeez wrote::whoa: :idk:

FFS. With Shitshow there is not a thing in the world that isn’t about him.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun May 05, 2019 7:48 pm

TraceItalian wrote:Honestly, not his biggest fan, though I am likely gonna vote for him or Warren for want of better choices, but this is funny as fuck
Https://reason.com/2019/05/03/bernie-sa ... access-tv/

As a fan I knew about this already but the way the media ran with it and fucked themselves was funny... I really need to buy some 2020 bumper sickers for cases :p

My only real problem with Berie (outside of the whole if he won both parties would work against him with the current members) is there aren't more like minded people (yet) making waves, shaking shit up and trying to pull people into the here and now :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Re: How is most babby POTUS formed?

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 am

Good one. :facepalm: (I guess that's what happens when you have a New Yorker in the WH. :idk: )
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: How is most babby POTUS formed?

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 339d48bc0a

Pelosi says Trump is ‘becoming self-impeachable’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday that President Trump is “becoming self-impeachable,” pointing to his efforts to fight all subpoenas from congressional investigations and prevent key aides from testifying before Congress.

“The point is that every single day, whether it’s obstruction, obstruction, obstruction — obstruction of having people come to the table with facts, ignoring subpoenas . . . every single day, the president is making a case — he’s becoming self-impeachable, in terms of some of the things that he is doing,” Pelosi said at a Washington Post Live event.

It was not immediately clear what she meant by “self-impeachable.” The House speaker has resisted calls by some members of her party to pursue impeachment proceedings against the president.

On Tuesday, she made a similar argument about Trump’s actions, comparing him to President Richard M. Nixon. She noted that one of the articles of impeachment against Nixon was that he ignored congressional subpoenas.

“That could be part of an impeachable offense,” Pelosi said of Trump at Tuesday’s event, which was hosted by Cornell University. “Every day, he’s obstructing justice by saying, ‘This one shouldn’t testify, that one shouldn’t testify,’ and the rest. So he’s making a case. But he’s just trying to goad us into impeachment.”

Democrats have repeatedly decried Trump’s resistance as stonewalling, maintaining that the president is thwarting Congress’s ability to conduct oversight.

Pelosi’s interview with The Post’s Robert Costa came hours before the House Judiciary Committee was expected to vote to hold Attorney General William P. Barr in contempt for not complying with a subpoena for the full report of a special counsel investigation by Robert S. Mueller III. House Democrats are then expected to take the matter to court to let a judge decide on the merits.

In Wednesday’s interview, Pelosi also mocked Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s declaration of “case closed” in the wake of the Mueller investigation.

“Isn’t that so sad? In for a dime, in for a dollar, right?” she said of McConnell (R-Ky.), describing his support for Trump. “You might as well go all the way.”

If Pelosi is starting to loosen the reins then his odds of being convicted by the Senate likely went up. It's obvious she and other senior leadership in the Capitol know somethings we don't. Of course, this is more giving Trump the rope to hang himself with, but she's being far more open about impeachment than she was even a week ago. I admit I had my concerns about her helming the House again, but she seems to perfectly understand how Trump operates and knows exactly how to outfox him and the GOP.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion