Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:00 am

So i just got a zoom ms-50g in a trade and love it. I know im late to the party. And I know on reddit and other places there are threads of people sharing settings for presets they make, so i thought maybe people on ILF have settings they would like to share here too for people who enjoy making new presets or are trying to emulate pedals that already exist. Also think it would be nice to know peoples experiences between models too, as i am now really interested in getting a G3n and calling just about all my remaining pedal 'wants' a wrap. Hope people share their thoughts and settings they love below. Let the zoom enlightenment begin....
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 am

I had a G3 for awhile. It sounded good, but the fact that the audio cut out for a brief second if you changed algorithms really broke it for me. Might not be an issue for people who set up their chains ahead of time and then only tweak settings.
spacelordmother

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby shikawkee » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am

I don't hear cut on my MS-50G when I change patches but I remember the G3 did have that issue.

BTW to the OP: If you haven't found it yet ToneLib has a free app for the MS-50G that's pretty awesome for making presets and backing them up.
Much easier than hunching over the pedal.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 am

Sold my MS-100BT, but not because it didn’t do anything for me. Had in mind replacing with a 50g or 70cdr so USB MIDI would help get more utility out. Some nice algorithms in it and I’ve heard some great stacking of trigger delays to do Infinite Jets-esque things. I never got very deep into effects chains or the preset cycling switching scheme.

I’ve had the hope that the next gen would get me what I already liked and more, but my fave sounds still haven’t come over last I checked.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: DC/MD

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:59 am

shikawkee wrote:I don't hear cut on my MS-50G when I change patches but I remember the G3 did have that issue.

BTW to the OP: If you haven't found it yet ToneLib has a free app for the MS-50G that's pretty awesome for making presets and backing them up.
Much easier than hunching over the pedal.



This is incredibly helpful, thanks so much for the ToneLib suggestion. Just downloaded it now
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:19 am

also considered just getting another zoom ms-50g instead of a g3n, but didn't know what peoples experiences were with both and what people valued for the pros/cons of them both as well. Also, what are people's most used presets currently? Anyone have any glitch settings they enjoy? I have seen some for CT5 settings that have been kind of interesting, and some for Particle type sounds also. Would be interesting seeing how people have made echo degrader type sounds too or rm1n/reverberation machine type presets too. I am messing around with a few currently, but am still in the process of testing them out to see how i like them with drives hitting them as well in front before the zoom too
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 am

also quite a few loop junky type settings online, some decent, others not so useful for things ive been doing
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby fcknoise » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:16 pm

always looked at the MS-series things, they look awesome. But if we talking zoom, lets not forget about this bad boye

Image
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

DRodriguez wrote:All pedalboards are beer themed if you gig enough.


Drones/noises: http://www.soundcloud.com/fcknoise
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fcknoise/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8cSA ... BCtQ8M56hg

fuck pink floyd anyway

Also, you may still call me Brands
fcknoise

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: leave me alone

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby Sonaboy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:24 pm

ibarakishi wrote:also quite a few loop junky type settings online, some decent, others not so useful for things ive been doing


Anyone with a synth station at home should have one of the MS70s on the desk. They are way too great & cheap to pass up.
There's a reddit board that houses a bunch of "soundalike" settings for pedals like the Blue Sky, Lofi Junkie, Cooper Generation, Seek Wah, etc.
I'm starting to look closely at the newer G3N, which seems to have a better workflow, but much of the same FX inside.
Sonaboy

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:53 am
Location: KCMO

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:36 am

I have a MS70 and a MS100: I love them! I use them mostly for reverbs.

I did AB comparision with Strymon and Eventide pedals, and the emulated effects are really close and well done! Of course it's lacking the highend of the big brand, but in a live context nobody will notice.
gila_crisis

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:11 am

I don't remember the model name, but I had the silver one. A ton of bang for you buck and great for figuring out what effects you like, but the sounds are a little on the cold side for me. The digital nature of it is a little too apparent or something. I honestly don't know what it is. Eq? I had the same experience with a Behringer reverb. There's just something off-putting about the sound that I'm unable to articulate in any useful way. It just doesn't work for me. #corksniffer? :lol:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11691
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Norway

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:59 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I don't remember the model name, but I had the silver one. A ton of bang for you buck and great for figuring out what effects you like, but the sounds are a little on the cold side for me. The digital nature of it is a little too apparent or something. I honestly don't know what it is. Eq? I had the same experience with a Behringer reverb. There's just something off-putting about the sound that I'm unable to articulate in any useful way. It just doesn't work for me. #corksniffer? :lol:


#unenlightened

fixed that for you UC
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:23 am

Could be, man. Could be. :lol:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11691
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Norway

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby fcknoise » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:36 am

Sonaboy wrote:
ibarakishi wrote:also quite a few loop junky type settings online, some decent, others not so useful for things ive been doing


Anyone with a synth station at home should have one of the MS70s on the desk. They are way too great & cheap to pass up.
There's a reddit board that houses a bunch of "soundalike" settings for pedals like the Blue Sky, Lofi Junkie, Cooper Generation, Seek Wah, etc.
I'm starting to look closely at the newer G3N, which seems to have a better workflow, but much of the same FX inside.


This lofi-junky shit you talking about is for sure making me want one for synth use. Am I wrong in remembering that it is one effect at a time?
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

DRodriguez wrote:All pedalboards are beer themed if you gig enough.


Drones/noises: http://www.soundcloud.com/fcknoise
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fcknoise/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8cSA ... BCtQ8M56hg

fuck pink floyd anyway

Also, you may still call me Brands
fcknoise

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: leave me alone

Re: Zoom MEGA Thread (ms-50g , ms-70CDR , G1 , G3n, ....)

Postby ognoy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:08 am

fcknoise wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:
ibarakishi wrote:also quite a few loop junky type settings online, some decent, others not so useful for things ive been doing


Anyone with a synth station at home should have one of the MS70s on the desk. They are way too great & cheap to pass up.
There's a reddit board that houses a bunch of "soundalike" settings for pedals like the Blue Sky, Lofi Junkie, Cooper Generation, Seek Wah, etc.
I'm starting to look closely at the newer G3N, which seems to have a better workflow, but much of the same FX inside.


This lofi-junky shit you talking about is for sure making me want one for synth use. Am I wrong in remembering that it is one effect at a time?


You are wrong.
ognoy

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 948
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Next

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.