POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: apolitical/bitter partisanship/chronic dysfunction threa

Postby repoman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:29 pm

That doesn't help.
Nothing on C-Span is going to illuminate the actual motives or reasons behind anything.
There are no unbiased sources.
Politicians are all liars.
No on takes Alex Jones seriously.
The stuff in the news cycle is there to keep people preoccupied away from legitimate study of whats up and whats down.

No one actually knows why the country has been at war in the middle east for the past 18 years and that is a present day affair, whats that say about popular understanding of history 50 years ago, 100 years ago, 200 years ago, etc.

We Kali Yuga now.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:59 pm

This will get me burned at the stake I'm sure but Alex Jones is sometimes correct but he's too insane for anyone to listen to. He can't dial it in to useful information. I believe that's why Joe Rogan always gets him high on his show, plus that's kind of his thing. Alex is just wayyyy too out there to be taken serious on any level.

I agree with everything you said though. Unfortunately.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Sonaboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:03 pm

Follow people who comment on Constitutionality and Law - they will be about as non-partisan as you can get because they will frame issues for discussion first and foremost as "Is this legal?" and then will move into the stickier areas of "Is this ethical?" and "Is this practical?"

No source is unbiased if you are looking for political analysis. Furthermore - bias doesn't invalidate interpretation. It sure can sting your personally held beliefs though.

No one should take Alex Jones seriously. He basically admitted under oath that he plays a character. What was that about bias again?

Engage politically at the local level and get familiar with how things happen from presentation, to committee, to vote, to ratification.

National politics are really messy. That doesn't mean everyone who participates in it is a liar or is a puppet.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:14 pm

I mean, Brownback was hahaha.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:39 pm

repoman wrote:No on takes Alex Jones seriously.

Many, many people take Alex Jones seriously. He's just barely outside the mainstream of the GOP base today and the gap is narrowing by the day.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby repoman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:25 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:

Many, many people take Alex Jones seriously. He's just barely outside the mainstream of the GOP base today and the gap is narrowing by the day.

I think leftists like to believe many people on the right take Alex Jones seriously as it gives a pretty easy point of argue to win because if taken seriously he sets the bar so low... I think maybe Alex Jones does represent something that people on the right can identify though which is related to free speech. He has a nuanced position that leftists seem to have trouble understanding, 99% of people that watch Alex Jones do so to laugh at him and recognize him as an entertainer.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:35 pm

Good time for us all to watch this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9Xdf6qa0Y
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:58 pm

repoman wrote:
jirodreamsofdank wrote:

I think leftists like to believe many people on the right take Alex Jones seriously as it gives a pretty easy point of argue to win because if taken seriously he sets the bar so low... I think maybe Alex Jones does represent something that people on the right can identify though which is related to free speech. He has a nuanced position that leftists seem to have trouble understanding, 99% of people that watch Alex Jones do so to laugh at him and recognize him as an entertainer.

"Leftists like to believe" that... because it's true. Conspiracy theories and white aggrievement have been part and parcel of American conservatism since the John Birch Society - Jones is barely distinguishable from Glenn Beck or 2/3 of post-Obama Fox News.

Funny how Republicans keep appearing on his show, promoting his network and using figures associated with it for "an entertainer."

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/remembe ... -1.5443723
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/39763 ... jones-show
https://www.vox.com/2018/11/8/18074966/ ... sta-banned
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... ntributor/
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... /82223726/
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 pm

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-voters-t ... ll-1331958
Less than a third of Trump voters consider Infowars "untrustworthy."
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm

I've heard Leftists love kale as well. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Faldoe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:31 am

Left wing, right wing, broken wing.
Faldoe

Postby DrMabuse » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 am

Is hearing someone call Sandy Hook a “false flag operation” entertaining? If you can divorce the imagery from the message, Triumph Of The Will is a pretty spectacular movie. People who have no excuse call Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh “entertainment” to save face with their liberal elite acquaintances who run the media. To the blue collar Joes they want to persuade to vote against their interests, this stuff is entertaining because “it’s funny, it pisses off the snowflakes, and it’s true.”
DrMabuse

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 am

Goddamn I hate that term. Snowflakes.Why can't people just say what they mean. If you want to call someone a sissy fuck, then call them that or a weak minded bitch ass motherfucker. hahaha. It's like a polite, yet hurtful way of saying "you're a pussy". hahaha. I get it, I guess. That's a no no now (plus like, it's doesn't really make sense). Maybe call someone a big floppy donkey dick. That would make more sense.

What are we talking about here? Donkey dicks?

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:00 am

So you're saying democrats have BDE?
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:So you're saying democrats have BDE?

Hahaha. I had to look that up!

Sure they have some major BDE! :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion