Been a while since we had a HARMONIC PERCOLATOR thread, no?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Been a while since we had a HARMONIC PERCOLATOR thread,

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Does it sound shitty or something ? This is by far not the worst advertisement I've seen .. some in the shark tank here are worse. I think it looks great. Maybe he's a douche
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:17 am

:lol: No, I objected to his marketing. Even though they may share the same name, probably not the best person to style yourself after (even in jest).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0B1sMfxWYw

:idk:
(I haven't heard the pedal.)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Snufkino » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:58 am

Apart from the crazy person affiliation, it's a pretty sober write-up.There's no champagne fart-sniffing hipster bullshit. Decent price too. :idk:

No gut shots though, which is weird.
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:35 am

I thought so too. So many photos, no gutshots. :facepalm: Definitely boutique though. :snax:

Yeah, questionable moniker aside, doesn't really seem too bad. :idk:

I did find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUbkGfKFws

If you like supporting cultists, go right ahead. :poke:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Anyone else find it super weird that each one is it's own entity? Haha (All the same circuit, but named by serial number)
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:56 pm

It's because they come in a wooden box (a waste of wood unless they're building 'em out of scrap) with a certificate. :eek:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CultOfTone » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi everyone - Jim here!

I wanted to chime in as I saw there was some contention with regards to my name.

I hope you don’t take it too seriously - obviously the Jim Jones from Guyana was a terrible person who I do not idolize or condone.

Naming my pedals under the “Cult of Tone” moniker is really just intended as a tongue-in-cheek jab at how in this industry, or community, people often get a bit culty with their opinions about “tone” or particular circuits, or certain builders and their design philosophies.

Examples, to name a few: Top-mounted jacks! Batteries sound better! SMD is terrible! SMD is awesome! The list goes on.

I fall into this trap often myself - and as such I look at the name in almost a self-deprecating fashion.

I’m not building pedals to become the next Robert Keeley or JHS. This is just a hobby for me. If you like my work, great! If you don’t, there’s lots of awesome stuff out there.

Thanks for the discussion everyone! I appreciate you all looking at my stuff and loving it or hating it. That’s cool. Just keep in mind that I don’t intend to offend. The internet often removes a lot of inflection or intent behind what you put out there. It can often be challenging to present what you think you are presenting to the world as everyone has their own interpretation.

And to clarify - each pedal I build is kind of unique in its own way. I’m not building anything that’s easy to make consistently. As many of you know when you work with old-stock and especially germanium parts, each device ends up with its own little personality.

I’d rather look at a pedal as that particular pedal than have someone assume that different versions of the same circuit will all sound the same. This Harmonic Percolator thread is a great example of that. We’re all working off the same schematics but the results vary wildly!

Also if anyone is curious, there's a gutshot of this pedal on my instagram page.
CultOfTone

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:19 pm

:lol: :hello: Welcome to the forum! :!!!:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:26 pm

Yeah right on man. I figured you weren't a douche. Welcome aboard!

I like your pedals heh
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Yeah, welcome to Knee Jerk Reaction: The Forum. You seem cool and I probably should have reserved judgment
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:36 pm

:idk: People said the Rev. Jim Jones seemed nice at first too. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:08 am

That's how they getcha
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 am

Dandolin wrote:I also think ol' Steve enjoys the presence of a bit of a haze around his methods. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few occasions where he left a Perc on for more than just a momentary blast, but I do think the core of his sound is elsewhere. If I was looking for one pedal to cop Albiniesque tones (other than one based on the IVP), I think I'd probs choose an Infanem Driving Notion moreso than any Perc....

Yeah probably. It seems he's not very secretive about his equipment but as you're saying there is probably a lot else at play. Not really trying to cop his tone, just curious, really. I get as close as I need if I want to already.

That InFANeM seems nice but I went to check it and their site was down. When did this happen? That sucks
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby neonblack » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:26 am

Infanem went radio silent a year or two ago. The only place to find Driving Notions now are the spare fuzz drawers of ILFers.

Or on reverb for way too much money thanks to a cameo in a Knobs video
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 pm

neonblack wrote:Infanem went radio silent a year or two ago. The only place to find Driving Notions now are the spare fuzz drawers of ILFers.

Or on reverb for way too much money thanks to a cameo in a Knobs video

thats sad to hear. i was a fan of their weird stuff but was too poor for gear when they were around.

SORRY! back to percs
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear