Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby digi2t » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:11 pm

repoman wrote:Image

Finally built this Deadend Wurmloch (DBA Space Ring type thing)
Thing is freaking nuts....kind of nether region between fuzz and ring modulator??
I can't believe DBA doesn't sell these.

Just finishing up the Deadend Doppleganger clone soon, ordering parts from Tayda is taking ages and still waiting on the vactrol thingies.

Awesome possum!! Yeah, it's a shame that they're not available. Oh well... better PCB than nothing I guess. :lol:

Sneak peek at one of the rarest of the rare, the Foxx Select-a-Fuzz. Breadboard test, courtesy of he-that-shall-remain-nameless. Should be at DEFX soonish.

"Turn down the amp, strum harder." - PRR

http://www.deadendfx.com/
digi2t

experienced
experienced

Postby Paul_C » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Once I've completed one or two more I'll take some better pictures ;)

This is a recent build discussed elsewhere, but with a new name and (slightly) better paint.

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:23 pm

digi2t wrote:Sneak peek at one of the rarest of the rare, the Foxx Select-a-Fuzz. Breadboard test, courtesy of he-that-shall-remain-nameless. Should be at DEFX soonish.

Nice, I'll be keeping an eye out. I remember seeing this project kind of come to stand still a while back. Wanted to mess with it but got caught up in other stuff.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Nocentelli » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:42 am

Jero wrote:Nice, I'll be keeping an eye out. I remember seeing this project kind of come to stand still a while back. Wanted to mess with it but got caught up in other stuff.

Same
Nocentelli

involved
involved

Postby repoman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:59 pm

digi2t wrote:
Awesome possum!! Yeah, it's a shame that they're not available. Oh well... better PCB than nothing I guess. :lol:

Sneak peek at one of the rarest of the rare, the Foxx Select-a-Fuzz. Breadboard test, courtesy of he-that-shall-remain-nameless. Should be at DEFX soonish.

It's cool though, this Deadend seems way more usable/adjustable with the blend options and warp hole.

Here is the almost finished Doppleganger, just ordered 3 more PCBs too.
Hammond makes a reasonable approximate replacement for the Lovetone Enclosures.

I actually ordered a wrong sized enclosure from Mouser and it is gigantic. I have no clue what to stick in it, Mouser said it would cost too much money to restock it so they just gave it to me free (it was almost 40 bucks)!

I ordered the Ring Stinger and ? Flange PCBs and I'm kind of tempted to stick both in this enormous enclosure to make a mega lovetone thing... :poke:
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby digi2t » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:14 pm

repoman wrote:
digi2t wrote:

It's cool though, this Deadend seems way more usable/adjustable with the blend options and warp hole.

Here is the almost finished Doppleganger, just ordered 3 more PCBs too.
Hammond makes a reasonable approximate replacement for the Lovetone Enclosures.

I actually ordered a wrong sized enclosure from Mouser and it is gigantic. I have no clue what to stick in it, Mouser said it would cost too much money to restock it so they just gave it to me free (it was almost 40 bucks)!

I ordered the Ring Stinger and ? Flange PCBs and I'm kind of tempted to stick both in this enormous enclosure to make a mega lovetone thing... :poke:

Hmmm... What are the dimensions on that huge Hammond btw? Might be good for a Lola Phase (Mutron Bi-Phase) too. :cool:

digi2t

experienced
experienced

Postby repoman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:21 pm

It's 10x8.5 inches so probably close to the original Mutron enclosure size, I'll definitely keep that Lola phase in mind for it.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Got it wired and working, very cool. Very confusing lol.

I've never heard a doppleganger, it seems like its a mish-mash of straight up filter sweeping, univibe-ish sounding thing, or phaser and adjusting the mix of them. The rotary switching combined with the footswitches make it a bit hard to understand right now, but it sounds great.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PMowdes » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 am

repoman wrote:Image

Got it wired and working, very cool. Very confusing lol.

I've never heard a doppleganger, it seems like its a mish-mash of straight up filter sweeping, univibe-ish sounding thing, or phaser and adjusting the mix of them. The rotary switching combined with the footswitches make it a bit hard to understand right now, but it sounds great.

It's a dual phaser / vibe

One LFO effects the low frequencies and the other the high frequencies. You can run them in parallel or separately, with either single or dual LFO control and different wave shaping.

A really versatile pedal. The depth mod makes it way more usable so I would recommend that.

The true / spec switch enables the filter only in bypass it does nothing when the effect is engaged.
PMowdes

interested
interested

Postby repoman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna do the depth mod when I get some more components for the other boards-

Do you have any advice on where to buy the OEP1200 for the Leo X or LT44 transformers for the String Ringer? They seem to be UK exclusive parts, trying to avoid the hefty shipping prices!
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm

There's a guy on eBay that sells 2xLt44 with 4xBat48s for like 12 bucks shipped. It's what I used in mine. Works great!

There's a substitute for the oep you can get from Mouser. See pic.
Attachments
20190415_192051_crop_597x597.jpg
20190415_192051_crop_597x597.jpg (215.57 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:56 pm

I was saying "Bourns".
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frodog » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Wrapped up this earlier Electra/Germanium Giant dirty boost by taking out the germanium and putting in a BC183, I just liked its character best of the ones I tried. Also a new paint/stamp/sticker/clearcoat job.

BC_boost.jpg
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:32 pm

I like it^
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby digi2t » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:40 pm

Pompei (Synthi Hi Fli clone) is finally done.

And the latest installment of the Hen's Tooth Cafe. It tips that scales at 25 minutes, the first 10, I go through all the controls, and what they do. Feel free to skip to 10:00 for the noodling. The video could have easily been much, much, much, much longer. There's that much inside this monster. I'm only scratching the surface. Barely.

digi2t

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects