the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Postby JTurbide » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Today I jammed with two other guys (our first time together, I had just met one of them once before) :) I also played bass with people for the first time (I usually play guitar) and really liked it ! I'll probably stay in that role if everything works out, pretty stoked
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 pm

TraceItalian wrote:So I'm moving, the place I originally found dropped out, so I couldn't have a dog. The people I found turned out to be abusers, I found my dog at my doorstep (120 miles away) 4 days after I dropped her off, skinny as a rail and nose cracked up, but my friend Lurch can watch her until I can move into a better home for her. None of the rooms I were able to afford were available anymore, but then I found one last minute. I came out as trans to my family, they're not too thrilled, but my friends are. This is including the kinda bar where you wipe your feet when you leave, they actually threw someone out when they overheard me talking to a friend about this when started talking shit. I may not have too many good things happening for me, but I've got people backing me up, and for that, I'm happy.

Edit: Lurch has a farm with another dog, the room is with LGBTQ+ friendly roommates, and my family keeps staying stuff like "you're too manly", but my friends are saying stuff like, "you do you bud"

well, i'm glad to hear that you're getting some positive stuff happening. i know going through this passage must be tough, and want to encourage you to be strong and try to let the negativity roll off. being who you truly are is the most important thing. :hug:
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Achtane » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Work changed over to a 12-hour schedule and, while I was initially hesitant about it, that shit is so much better. 5 days in a row I know is standard in a lot of jobs, but it's too much of a grind. You get one day off to recover and Sunday is really just Monday Eve. Lame.
I personally don't give a shit about the weekend most of the time and would much rather not be off with 5 million other people.
The work days are definitely looong and getting up at 5:30 sucks, but it's not so bad since I only ever have to do it for 2 or 3 days at a time.
I'm not going to work angry at how much of a fucking grind the rest of my week is gonna be anymore. It's fabulous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Nothing can beat the sheer joy of listening to your elderly father trying to find a channel on his TV from his phone lying on the sofa (he can't hold the remote and the phone at the same time).

At one point I looked at the coffee mug on my desk and wondered if it would feel better or worse to smash it against my forehead.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Downloaded Davinci Resolve, opened it for the first time, and somehow I managed to cut a video despite clearly having no clue what I was doing. That's a kinda satisfying feeling.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Paul_C wrote:At one point I looked at the coffee mug on my desk and wondered if it would feel better or worse to smash it against my forehead.

I think the mug would feel worse, being smashed. Unless it tires of the daily grind, that is constantly being filled with piping hot bean juice, and would rather be reduced to rubble.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Went to record something but got sidetracked right away by checking out some old recordings first. So 13 hours of obsessively working on it I now have mixes for my new album. And I did some recording too.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:06 pm

codetocontra wrote:Went to record something but got sidetracked right away by checking out some old recordings first. So 13 hours of obsessively working on it I now have mixes for my new album. And I did some recording too.

liiiiit.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:09 pm

recently our drummer kind of ghosted after missing several practices. we found a new new drummer and he came out last night. rather than work on some older stuff we just decided that we'd all work on something new together.

have been wanting to take the band further into "post metal" territory over some of the stuff we were doing which lacked some of the more atmospheric elements I wanted.

one guitarist is hella into prog and prog metal. he's a fucking ripper but also loves shredding. but at the last few practices he's just bashed drums and our bassist played guitar. he's super into melodic hardcore, post rock/metal, and all kinds of shit.

there's lots of overlap but sometimes everybody's personal loves fight for power. last night we were able to just lock in a song that is absolutely perfect for where I want the band to be.

feels good, man.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:54 pm

Got an email from HR indicating that my manager and his boss put me up for leadership tract instead of continued back office drudgery. Basically means more client-facing roles, leadership responsibility in my team, then a review at the end of the year to see if I move up to the next phase of the transition. From my boss: “basically, you’ll have three years of growing responsibility to fast track you into and past middle management up to senior management. Don’t fuck up.”
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Daughters is gonna be playing in my city! Finna swipe those tickets next pay day.

Edit: got the tickets! Super pumped.
Last edited by BitchPudding on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 pm

odontophobia wrote:recently our drummer kind of ghosted after missing several practices. we found a new new drummer and he came out last night. rather than work on some older stuff we just decided that we'd all work on something new together.

have been wanting to take the band further into "post metal" territory over some of the stuff we were doing which lacked some of the more atmospheric elements I wanted.

one guitarist is hella into prog and prog metal. he's a fucking ripper but also loves shredding. but at the last few practices he's just bashed drums and our bassist played guitar. he's super into melodic hardcore, post rock/metal, and all kinds of shit.

there's lots of overlap but sometimes everybody's personal loves fight for power. last night we were able to just lock in a song that is absolutely perfect for where I want the band to be.

feels good, man.

It's nice to pull things together. Do you have a lot of older material? Sucks to take a step back but working on new stuff with new people makes the experience so much more fun for everyone. Working on old stuff over and over again to get a new member up to speed has killed band's energy and momentum in my experience. Onward and upward.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:45 pm

codetocontra wrote:
odontophobia wrote:recently our drummer kind of ghosted after missing several practices. we found a new new drummer and he came out last night. rather than work on some older stuff we just decided that we'd all work on something new together.

feels good, man.

It's nice to pull things together. Do you have a lot of older material? Sucks to take a step back but working on new stuff with new people makes the experience so much more fun for everyone. Working on old stuff over and over again to get a new member up to speed has killed band's energy and momentum in my experience. Onward and upward.

we have some old material. but there are two songs that our bassist doesn't know. and of the four songs we've been playing I'm only interested in keeping two. so we've got the latest one we've written, another that the bassist brought, then four other songs to teach/learn together.

and i ended up getting some stuff put together this afternoon that will probably shape up into something, too.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby SecretMachine » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 am

I'm coming to conclusion that I'm beginning to enter a downward spiral again and I need to pull myself out of it.
That might not seen like a "positive" thought, but the fact I've recognised it is progress for me.
My band: https://autosleeperband.bandcamp.com/
Influenced by Swervedriver, Sonic Youth, MBV and The Cure.
SecretMachine

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:25 pm

feels good, man.

This sounds rad! It's so great to get to that good place with a band. :thumb: :thumb:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion