The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby popvulture » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:47 pm

behndy wrote:new question - my grrL is NOT a gamer. she loved Sims back in the day, dunno what else she actually enjoyed. what are some fun games to check out for silly, not hardcore, co-op times?

My lady likes Sonic!
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:18 pm

My girlfriend is super hooked on Stardew Valley (on PC). I should buy a Switch so I can steal my computer back from her sometime :lol:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 am

Dead Cells sunk it's teeth in me. Only played a few runs before yesterday, maybe an hour combined, just learning the ropes. Then last night I wanted to do one more short run before bed. The 2nd level basically destroyed me by a mistimed platform jump and fell onto some spikes and then clobbered by a swinging mace chain thing while trying to escape the spike pit. Still was able to recover and had my best run yet, played for another hour before putting it down, continuing for another hour today until I met a boss that just obliterated me. Excited to get back to it.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 3205 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 am

Despite loving Dark Souls and roguelites, I bounced off Dead Cells pretty hard. The update they've got cooking sounds like it'll be good, though.

My favorite Switch pickups so far:
- Smash Bros
- NAMCO Museum (lordgalvar get on this Galaga '88 action)
- SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
- Capcom Beat 'Em Up Collection
- Dragon Blaze
- Ikaruga (Treasure wants to port Radiant Silvergun too. Neat.)
- Lightening Force IV

Favorite purchases of '18:
1. ZeroRanger (one of the greatest shmups ever made, IMO)
2. Smash
3. Monster Hunter World
4. Dangun Feveron
5. Genesis Classics
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby the_carl » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:07 pm

behndy wrote:what are some fun games to check out for silly, not hardcore, co-op times?

Overcooked is fun depending on how seriously you take it. My girlfriend claimed to hate it because it got too stressful but also made us play it every night until we beat it so :idk:

Snipperclips is great for less hardcore co-op, and another vote for Stardew Valley as a chill game.
the_carl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Snipperclips looks like what i'm going to try to entice her with first.

she keeps mentioning she wants me to get Guitat Hero for the tv but.... i dunno. i have (very stupid) personal issues with that game.

rogue likes - i blame Dark Soulja Boys for it being a big part of so many games. and i'm not sure if that's a good thing.

like, i get it. and i like having the option for Soul Crushing Disappointment being the motivating factor to Git Gud. but i also like being able to build up an ultra powerful character that STOMPS. i'm super enjoying Iron Cast, and i.... sort of like that if you fuck up, you FUCKED UP and probably have to start over. but i also find myself wanting to play through where a loss means taking some damage, losing resources, grinding to fix that, then trying again. not start over from scratch.

makes Loot Acquisition seem.... completely useless and inconsequential?
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 pm

also, there are rumors of a remastered Borderlands 1 YES PLEASE I LOVE THAT FUCKING GAME and mayyyyyybe 2 or 3 on Switch.

that would be. amazeballs.

please.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 am

I have played a tiny bit of the One shot Resident Evil 2 demo, just so I don't spoil myself... but damn, it's looking good.

I got a RE2 code that came with my new GPU, but I still might preorder it for PS4 to keep my collection going and preordering gets you a Samurai Edge which looks tight as fuck.
Last edited by Andrew on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:40 pm

3205 wrote:Despite loving Dark Souls and roguelites, I bounced off Dead Cells pretty hard. The update they've got cooking sounds like it'll be good, though.

I can understand why. I haven't had much experience with roguelites so Dead Cells is a fresh experience. Feeling the highs of a good run, and the frustrating torment of a last minute mistake while getting greedy at the level exit and losing all my progress. My only real complaint is that the beginning seems very slow to get going with new good gear and upgrades, but the carrot on the stick is still motivating me for now.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Andrew wrote:I have played a tiny bit of the One shot Resident Evil 2 demo, just so I don't spoil myself... but damn, it's looking good.

I got a RE2 that game with my new GPU, but I still might preorder it for PS4 to keep my collection going and preordering gets you a Samurai Edge which looks tight as fuck.

GF and I played the demo earlier on PS4 and I'm hyyyyype!

Ordered a new stationary PC today. I don't I've ever had a stationary PC. Will be interesting to test the RTX 2080. My current GPU is a GTX 1060 on laptop, which is fine for most of the games I play (a lot of Overwatch on low settings for dem 144hz), but I'm excited to see what I'm able to pull off with some newer games on my also newly purchased 27" 2k monitor. :animal:

Specs (I'm not a specs guy):
Intel Core i7-8700
ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Dual
ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151
Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 16GB
Intel 660p 512GB M.2 SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5'' HDD
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm

behndy wrote:also, there are rumors of a remastered Borderlands 1 YES PLEASE I LOVE THAT FUCKING GAME and mayyyyyybe 2 or 3 on Switch.

that would be. amazeballs.

please.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Yooooo fuck I hope that happens. Finally will have my chance to play that shit.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 am

I have a love for Valkyria Chronicles despite it being a slightly embarassing anime take on World War 2. VK4 is on steam and it's awsum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:01 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby 3205 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Opinion: Nier Automata is a good game. It would be a better game if 2B was wearing pants.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm

I hate Smash Bros.

The control is pretty terrible and there shouldn't be this much random death for no reason other than stupid inertia and bad recovery times. Oh, I air dashed and now I fall off because you can't do anything in the air after doing anything. Lame. Why can the computer infintely recover but I rarely get one crappy jump if I'm knocked back?

Which button/press is smash (my friend refuses to answer but the game talks about it like it is a thing "smash attacks")? Some much stuff is unexplained. What's a neutral special? Why is jump up and x and y? Speed also seemingly offers no benefit except making harder to style on a dumb platform.

The only way I can KO the CPU is by getting them to 200-300% (or get them cheese dashed off the edge of the flat stages just because we both fall). They never get kicked back. But they can knock me way way off the platform at anytime. Dodging is badly implemented and I really don't see any use for the grab mechanism.

There is also significant lag between button presses and actions. I've noticed what seems like around 400ms on some. That's an eternity.

My friend convinced me to play it. He's been hyping it since melee. It's the only game he will play and I thought it would be fun when I go to his house.

I'm also kind of color blind. I don't even know where my damn character is all the time.

I'm going back to Dead Cells and shooters.

Might just bust out the damn Saturn and say hell with modern games if this is considered exceptional. Seems like a game selling more on nostalgia than game play.

Everytime I try a newer style game, I get angry haha.

If Nintendo wants to see how to do a party fighter right, they should have played some Power Stone. That was fun and could have been made even better/deeper.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion