Muff with it's own personallity

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Muff with it's own personallity

Postby retinal orbita » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 am

Damn put a severed foot on a pedal and I’m instantly intrigued.

Why aren’t more companies playing the severed limbs game???
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 am

He's got some leg on there too. You're not just gettin' a foot. :rock:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby sylnau » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am

This thing sound awesome... it have lot of different sound in it. Really good for stoner... but it's more than just a stoner fuzz.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby omarwhite » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Champion Leccy stuff kills. that dude is super nice also. went to a pedal expo thingy in Philly and my buddy and I fell in love with the CL stuff....
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 pm

I was thinking maybe building a clone of the Supercollider. After trying out a EHX green russian muff last winter, maybe maybe...
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby decomposing » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 pm

vidret wrote:I haven't tried the supercollider!

this is my vote

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 am

Asked a friend to add a clean blend control on my IC muff (not really a clean blend, just added a clean volume), gonna test it this weekend, really curious to find out if I got what I wanted/needed, it is something I wanted to do from a long time.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby decomposing » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 am

do you play bass r heavy guitar?

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:49 am

decomposing wrote:do you play bass r heavy guitar?

Guitar, and not always so heavy :)* I just want to find some new textures with more gain in the back end of the mix with keeping main sound still intelligible.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:15 am

Snufkino wrote:NECROBUMP....

Snagged an "Elk Gakki Sustinar" clone and thought it's worth mentioning here. It's basically a Triangle muff with slight value variations and an odd tone cap that gives it a more "open" crunchy tone. Seems like most muff clones go for enhancing the heavier side of things rather than taking this approach so it's a little more interesting in that regard. It's also positive ground with pnp transistors, but I'm not sure how much that's going to matter on the overall tonality compared to the resistor and cap values...

Sorry for super late reply but this is sick as fuck, I checked some demos and it's nasty! Apparently the old ones had like +/-50% parts tolerances lol
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Phazzer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:41 pm

I used to not be a fan of the Muff, but have come to love them quite a bit over the past few years. It was my first pedal in the late 70's, but became mated with a Foxx Tone Machine that replaced it. Overall the Big Muff more of fuzzstortion than a proper fuzz or distortion pedal. With all of the variations which Big Muff do you mean? Hell they vary within the same batch. The Tall Font/Bubble Font Russian Big Muffs are my personal favorite, but I also like the first Deluxe Big Muff and the Ram's Head variety. There is one variant/clone that I didn't see mentioned within the thread: the Maxon D&S pedals. These are definitely Muff like with a more usable tone control- Same basic controls with a very similar circuit. Maxon made about 5 or 6 different variations of that pedal. Even Kit Rae acknowledges them as a Big Muff clone. I currently own a couple of them. I bought each for less than $100 on eBay within the last couple of years, so the vintage ones can still be found for cheap. They are the same exact pedal as the Ibanez OD-850 pedals. The first iteration is similar to a Ram's Head with better midrange response. The second one added an LED and isn't quite as good sounding as a result(they're one of the first pedals to have an LED indicator circa 76/77. The second version isn't as loud as the other versions before or after). My favorite variation is the mid 80's Maxon Jet Driver JD-01 which would be the 4th variation. It works great for metal tones as well as rock-awesome for fuzz bass duties. It even has a personality control instead of a tone control making it a Big Muff clone with personality:

JD-01.jpg
JD-01.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
Phazzer

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby rickenbastard » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Just wanted to chime in about how awesome the Bloody Gett and Champion Leccy is in general. That thing goes from insane to insaner. Yet for all the volume it has it also doesn’t clip and get all muddy like some muffs tend to do especially on dirty amps. I demoed one and had to buy it immediately after
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby qersty » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:06 am

rickenbastard wrote:Just wanted to chime in about how awesome the Bloody Gett and Champion Leccy is in general. That thing goes from insane to insaner. Yet for all the volume it has it also doesn’t clip and get all muddy like some muffs tend to do especially on dirty amps. I demoed one and had to buy it immediately after

That sounds fucking awesome! My main complaint about the muffs I've used is that the clip way too early and get to loud. How much mids has thing got? Does it bump the mids like the grey stache or is it just less scooped?
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ALLisNOISE » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:12 pm

What about the Toneczar Off the Pipe, or OTP, Fuzz?
I can’t find any demos of it, except for these brief clips on Instagram,
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtuDWEMHkKo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7tszwhpbgdil
*dont know how to host the actual videos in here...* :idk:
But according to the ToneCzar Instagram, Excane got one, so I can’t wait to see what he does to it.
ALLisNOISE

committed
committed

Postby repoman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:35 pm

I think this might be vaguely related to some form of muff?
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear