Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 am

Works well on guitar. Just a heads up in terms of shipping time, it can take anywhere from a day to two months for Rhys to send something if you bought directly from seppukufx.com
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:55 am

Mudfuzz wrote:
ummohyeah wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:I've always heard good things about Black Widows but never played them myself. I've not got too into the speaker rabbit hole because I'm really basic.

yeah, i'm not much of a speaker guy, either. my sunn cabinet has an original eminence from 1968 in it, it's always sounded good so i never changed it. we'll see how these sound, if i don't like them i have only read good things and i'm sure i can sell them.

Those late 60s sunn cabs are killer, I have a 1x15 that tried a newer "better" speaker in and wasn't happy until I put the original back in :lol: it's all subjective based on what you are doing, if you like how it sounds then that is what is best.

i agree. admittedly i know jack shit about speakers and amps but this sunn set up is the best sounding i have ever had. i'm running a '67 sunn sonic i (40w) into a '68 oversized 1x12 and i LOVE the sound. i wanted to see if i could get a bit bigger and got one of those oversized 2x12 peavey cabs from a friend on the way. haven't played through it, but it has black widows in it. the name has me scared, i don't want "metal" speakers but i guess we'll find out, but i guess ultimately i'm gonna sound how i'm gonna sound. :)
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 am

Black Widows were the bass/full range speakers. They were in a lot of Peavey bass amps.

Scorpions were the guitar 12" version. Both were kind of known for being pretty good quality and repairable. Most people prefer the black widow in sound (at least around Bakersfield). A lot of bass-for-hire country music guys used black widows at live shows...probably why we had a ton.

Sheffield came in the Peavey 5150 (and a lot of other amps)

Peavey speakers were pretty general purpose.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:37 pm

I swear I'm pedge for ILFmas, but that didn't stop my uncle from dropping this on me

Probably no concern, and if satan did buy me one of these I'm sure I can find a way to live with two :lol: No idea how it sounds, the pinch roller is seized, the capstan is rusty (but spins by hand), and I need to do something about tape; but gawdamn the outer case is in excellent shape.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:04 pm

MrNovember wrote:Good notes, manymanyhahah! Thanks!
manymanyhaha wrote:There is so much ability to modify and modulate everything, it is really easy to get into weird/noise/indecipherable territory. To stay "musical", I had to be strategic about amount of modulation on each parameter

This is what I immediately thought about when watching demos. It looks like it could get totally ridiculous really quickly. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to keep it in musical territory

Also, I just ordered an 856! I'm finally going to get my hands on one! I'm planning to use it mainly with my modular synths. So now if the damned postal strike would end around here, I'll have an 856, OM-1, VB2w, and H9. I hope it all shows up soon! Would be crazy if it showed up on the same day; that would be a really fun day :animal:

Damn thing just broke, right when I was figuring out its awesomeness! Ahhhhh!!!!!! :grumpy:
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:06 pm

manymanyhaha wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Good notes, manymanyhahah! Thanks!
manymanyhaha wrote:There is so much ability to modify and modulate everything, it is really easy to get into weird/noise/indecipherable territory. To stay "musical", I had to be strategic about amount of modulation on each parameter

This is what I immediately thought about when watching demos. It looks like it could get totally ridiculous really quickly. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to keep it in musical territory

Also, I just ordered an 856! I'm finally going to get my hands on one! I'm planning to use it mainly with my modular synths. So now if the damned postal strike would end around here, I'll have an 856, OM-1, VB2w, and H9. I hope it all shows up soon! Would be crazy if it showed up on the same day; that would be a really fun day :animal:

Damn thing just broke, right when I was figuring out its awesomeness! Ahhhhh!!!!!! :grumpy:

The Thyme broke?! What happened?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 pm

It will power on but it won't do anything else. I am 4 days past being able to return for non-warranty reasons, waiting for a response if I can exchange for warranty reasons.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Watch it's your cable :lol:

I've had a cable stop working randomly and swore it was the pedal, way more than once.
...just got me knobbies in from small bear...aaaand
NSFW: show
2018-12-06 17.53.36.jpg
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 pm

IN: Earthquaker Devices Monarch. Big meaty riffs for days.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Yamaha PSS-460 incoming! I had a PSS-470 and loved its 80s toanz, but sadly killed it when I was an electronics noob trying my hand at circuit bending.
I'd like to bend the 460, but will need to practice on some other stuff first.
It has the same sound chip as the old Soundblaster PC sound cards...but with a set of keys on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:45 pm

:rock: so good :rock:
Attachments
46653060_362131731020613_1591429886821404401_n.jpg
46653060_362131731020613_1591429886821404401_n.jpg (83.78 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am

well my gristle just died ..like no cable problem^^^, more like dead, ha...ha...fuckin jixx manymanywtf. :lol: :thumb: noticed this shit failing other night tho.
....charge pump got hit with a spike.... :cool:
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:03 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Works well on guitar. Just a heads up in terms of shipping time, it can take anywhere from a day to two months for Rhys to send something if you bought directly from seppukufx.com

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and got the dlfo as well. Rhys emailed me back and is shipping them out this weekend. I look forward to playing them. I know you are the Seppuku master :)
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 am

So, apparently now i want a second Bitquest on the board because...because.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am

Dowi wrote:So, apparently now i want a second Bitquest on the board because...because.

As someone who has done this.

Yes, yes you do. :excellent:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear