The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby conky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:27 pm

I don't know if he used it on the album, but I've always loved that guitar line.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:45 pm

conky wrote:I don't know if he used it on the album, but I've always loved that guitar line.

Yeah, the album version is a keyboard run through Ken's rig.
Greg just plays the keyboard for the intro when the play live, now.

Also, IIRC, Ken used it all over Magnified (I seem to remember a quote where he said Undone wouldn't exist without the BF-2).
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HeavyXIII » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 am

conky wrote:Just scored a MIJ Boss BF2 Flanger for cheap. Gonna get my Cure on. Anyone use one of these things? I haven't played with a flanger in about 20 years and all I did then we're jet plane noises.

I had one for a while, playing with the resonance and manual controls yields chorus-y/vibrato sounds, which I've found more useful than jet sounds. Did get over the top feedback sounds out of mine with resonance maxed, too. Recently picked up a Tonelok chorus/flanger for cheap, and I really dig the vibrato sounds and range of speed.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby misterstomach » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 am

I blew up a cab. I think all the speakers are fucked. I'm so sick of gear expenses right now. But I figure, if I've got to spend some money on speakers anyway, I may as well spend a little more and follow through with a long time dream to build my perfect cabs. We recently moved our wood shop at work and have a pretty sweet setup. I'm free to use it for personal projects, so the timing is perfect. I'm not gonna clog the forum with my project updates, but I'll be posting pics on instagram, for those who follow me. If you want to follow and see pictures of the project and pictures of my dogs, it's parker_stomach.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:33 am

misterstomach wrote:I blew up a cab. I think all the speakers are fucked. I'm so sick of gear expenses right now. But I figure, if I've got to spend some money on speakers anyway, I may as well spend a little more and follow through with a long time dream to build my perfect cabs. We recently moved our wood shop at work and have a pretty sweet setup. I'm free to use it for personal projects, so the timing is perfect. I'm not gonna clog the forum with my project updates, but I'll be posting pics on instagram, for those who follow me. If you want to follow and see pictures of the project and pictures of my dogs, it's parker_stomach.

simultaneously awesome but awful. at least the timing is right.. ya know?
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am

New Ufomammut is dropping in September.

Much hype.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:54 am

D.o.S. wrote:New Ufomammut is dropping in September.

Much hype.

Follow them on IG. been hyped for like a month now.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Very nice.

Couple of doom room notes:
1) This album fucking slays and you will like it:
https://pigspigspigspigspigspigspigs.ba ... the-rats-2

2) Was at the Sunn gig in London talking to an older guy and the subject of "loudest band ever" came up. Sometime-ILF breaux Bodies on Everest were name dropped by this 60+ year old dude. I was pretty fucking hyped on that. Also I've seen more and more real life folks getting on the Whores wagon, which is quite rad, as well -- and I've met a couple more people who are stoked on Druden and Falls of R, which is killer.

3) I love fucking around with Euro and digital manipulation and the like, but beer-and-bud soaked jams presented via loud tube amps are still the best.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:45 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Very nice.

Couple of doom room notes:
1) This album fucking slays and you will like it:
https://pigspigspigspigspigspigspigs.ba ... the-rats-2

2) Was at the Sunn gig in London talking to an older guy and the subject of "loudest band ever" came up. Sometime-ILF breaux Bodies on Everest were name dropped by this 60+ year old dude. I was pretty fucking hyped on that. Also I've seen more and more real life folks getting on the Whores wagon, which is quite rad, as well -- and I've met a couple more people who are stoked on Druden and Falls of R, which is killer.

3) I love fucking around with Euro and digital manipulation and the like, but beer-and-bud soaked jams presented via loud tube amps are still the best.

Goddamn Falls of Rauros is so good.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby maggot » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:24 pm

t-rey wrote:
maggot wrote:I'm having a Meathead clone built with a "gain knob" that's nothing but a big footswitchable passive volume knob going into the fuzz, so I can back off on it without futzing with my guitar volume. My original thought was to do that for an AG. I'll let you know how it goes. I also sing, so I don't like to have to do extra stuff with my hands while I play. I imagine, I'd back off the gain on an AG and run it into a Pharaoh than the other way around. The crunchy Muffs like to go last.

Definitely let me know how that works out if you to that route dude. Yeah I tend to like boosting muffs as well, but it would be rad if the AG acted more like an amp being hit with the muff though.

The new pedal sounds great! The volume knob switcher makes the pedal into a FF-style overdrive/Meathead fuzz. I now have an all-Meathead dirt section. I use a Meathead deluxe clone for my main rhythm sounds. The new Meathead with the volume knob footswitch is my overdrive and solo distortion. Meatheads usually hate to be stacked, but Meathead into Meathead sounds like a middier Meathead with truly infinite sustain. The two switches are independent so I can back off the volume going into any pedal if I want to. Even if I end up using other dirt, I can't really see a downside to starting a signal chain with a FF-based Fuzz/volume switcher.

I can't really tell you how the volume switcher would work between Muff and an Acapulco Gold, though. The volume opens up the stacked Meatheads somewhat, but they're very blunt instruments once they're stacked. I bet you could get some decent sounds with more controllable fuzzes.

Now I want a dual pedal with the volume knob on one side and an Arrows on the other, with one on/off switch and one A/B switch. That would give me three separate gain levels that would be easily footswitchable and could run into any pedal or amp. Why doesn't someone already do this? For some reason, it takes a lot of brain power for me to mess with knobs on my guitar, and no brain power to stomp on a switch, so this is great.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby t-rey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:45 pm

conky wrote:Just scored a MIJ Boss BF2 Flanger for cheap. Gonna get my Cure on. Anyone use one of these things? I haven't played with a flanger in about 20 years and all I did then we're jet plane noises.

I need a flanger again. It's been too long since I've had one.

misterstomach wrote:I blew up a cab. I think all the speakers are fucked. I'm so sick of gear expenses right now. But I figure, if I've got to spend some money on speakers anyway, I may as well spend a little more and follow through with a long time dream to build my perfect cabs. We recently moved our wood shop at work and have a pretty sweet setup. I'm free to use it for personal projects, so the timing is perfect. I'm not gonna clog the forum with my project updates, but I'll be posting pics on instagram, for those who follow me. If you want to follow and see pictures of the project and pictures of my dogs, it's parker_stomach.

I'm sure I'll see them in instagram, but you should most definitely post progress pics here.

maggot wrote:[The new pedal sounds great! The volume knob switcher makes the pedal into a FF-style overdrive/Meathead fuzz. I now have an all-Meathead dirt section. I use a Meathead deluxe clone for my main rhythm sounds. The new Meathead with the volume knob footswitch is my overdrive and solo distortion. Meatheads usually hate to be stacked, but Meathead into Meathead sounds like a middier Meathead with truly infinite sustain. The two switches are independent so I can back off the volume going into any pedal if I want to. Even if I end up using other dirt, I can't really see a downside to starting a signal chain with a FF-based Fuzz/volume switcher.

I can't really tell you how the volume switcher would work between Muff and an Acapulco Gold, though. The volume opens up the stacked Meatheads somewhat, but they're very blunt instruments once they're stacked. I bet you could get some decent sounds with more controllable fuzzes.

Now I want a dual pedal with the volume knob on one side and an Arrows on the other, with one on/off switch and one A/B switch. That would give me three separate gain levels that would be easily footswitchable and could run into any pedal or amp. Why doesn't someone already do this? For some reason, it takes a lot of brain power for me to mess with knobs on my guitar, and no brain power to stomp on a switch, so this is great.

Sounds snazzy. Not what I was hoping it would be, but still bringing much snazz to the table.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby maggot » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:45 pm

t-rey wrote:Sounds snazzy. Not what I was hoping it would be, but still bringing much snazz to the table.

Yeah, the Meatheads don't sound too good with other stuff stacked into them, so it's hard to see how well it would work for stacking into an overdrive. My guess is pretty awesome if the overdrive sound is your main thing.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby conky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:26 pm

BF2 is legit yall. I messed around with it and got a bunch of pretty sounds out of it. I'll try to get some video footage this week.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Impulse bought one of the older Dunwich Volt Throwers today. Fucking pumped to try it out.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 pm

t-rey wrote:Impulse bought one of the older Dunwich Volt Throwers today. Fucking pumped to try it out.

Nice man, let me know how it turns out for you!
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org