RMA TOURBOX : First Review On Page 4

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: RMA TOURBOX : First Review On Page 4

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:47 pm

It arrived today fellas :) I'll be testing a device this evening!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm

:!!!: :yay: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby raj007 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:55 am

Arrived today :omg: :omg:

I’ve been so damn impressed with the Tetanus Booster I haven’t spent much time with any of the others yet. I had a chain of TB - Dark World - Fuck OD and holy man-tits was that a blast.

Whoever is after me (?) —I’ll ship out on Saturday.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:08 am

Good to hear it arrived well and you're enjoying yourself!

raj007 wrote:Whoever is after me (?)

Hasn't replied to my PM from several days ago, we're about to jump ahead in line-up (don't worry, slots are not lost unless turned down), but if I haven't seen a reply by morning tea-time I'll be mashing the next button on the queue. I'll let you know next destination by end of week.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:35 am

raj007 wrote:Arrived today :omg: :omg:

I’ve been so damn impressed with the Tetanus Booster I haven’t spent much time with any of the others yet. I had a chain of TB - Dark World - Fuck OD and holy man-tits was that a blast.

Whoever is after me (?) —I’ll ship out on Saturday.

Same. It stayed on the table the whole time.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:21 pm

So I didn't really do a full exploration of the tour box as I had hoped.. I did mess with the Tetanus, Mudlark, and Monobius extensively.

That being said, I have since purchased a tetanus and Mudlark because I enjoyed them so much. If I had more money i would have bought a monobius at the same time. The carrier in is such a neat function.

The Mudlark is a really unique fuzz that does that gnarly blown sound I like so much. By dialing back The volume knob on the guitar it comes back down to earth on the fly. I don't have a bunch of lexicon to tell you about it textures and all that shit, but it sounds dope and is really tweakable. A must have for me.

The Tetanus is just a next level device. It does so much with a simple interface. I goosed all my favorites with it, in boost and fuzz mode, it just sounds amazing.

The Monobius really takes some time to peel back the layers and find what you're after.. that being said I found things I didn't know existed and I'll probably snag one of these in a bit as well. Trem-ring, rushing bass currents, nuclear blast squee.. it was all there. I would have liked more time to experiment with the external carrier feature, but that's how she goes.

Thanks Curtis for letting me enjoy the devices, I'm really looking forward to having them out on the table again :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Dude, as amazing as they all are, Stone Splitter's best of the bunch. :idk: :love: :snax:

(Granted, this tourbox was fully packed. :hug: )
Last edited by Chankgeez on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Dude, as amazing as they all are, Stone Splitter's best of the bunch. :idk: :love: :snax:

Don't tell me this shit now. I didn't get to mess with it :picard:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:31 pm

I just edited my post. :lol:

Don't worry, as great as it is now, I'm sure the production version'll be even better. You can pick one of those up later too. :poke:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Ya sorry next person gonna keep the box my full week (which is til Monday ). Have a couple items arriving tomorrow I want to throw the Tetanus at.

Mudlark has been fun as well as the splitter.

Monobius isn’t my jam but that’s just subjective taste.

But, I’ve basically been obsessed w the Tetanus...each time I sit down I expect to like it less just because the honeymoon phase or whatever...but each time I turn the damn thing on I find a new application for it ...and every application I’ve thrown at it the freakin thing crushes it.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Yass, Tetanus is a wormhole to the good-toned section of the galaxy. Never letting mine go. Monobius and Mudlark still riding shot-gun at the top of my '19 GAS list. Very :snax: to see how the heavy splitter develops....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Wow, I appreciate all the praise. Thanks!

The Stone Splitter final phases have been presenting me with something of a dilemma. As you may or may not know, the prototype unit (and an element of my starting design criteria) is completely based on discrete transistors. A few of the features I want to implement would really benefit from tossing a few opamp stages into the mix, and with a nod to circuit complexity and ultimate cost I'm coming to grips with that shift in design.

The octave divider section would remain discrete, though the filter feeding them, may change over to allow tuning, etc. I'm contemplating waveshape of the octave as well, and of course more control in the feedback modes. I had already warmed up to putting an IC in the feedback path as it's not direct signal path, but changing out the crossover and octave shaping would change that. Anyway, figured an update here is as good a spot as any.

The Tetanus Booster has always been a utility support circuit in my mind, it's good to hear that perhaps not trying to paint it into a particular corner has been beneficial.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Absolutely CR! Those ideas on the splitter sound very :snax: indeed.

The Tetanus is great pushing things (both amplish and pedalesque) into nice/interesting/harshjoy places, but it also just delivers all on its own. I have done shows with it as my only dirt source, and also with it and another nicely flexible boost/fuzz (the Champion Leccy Fettle) and come away not just pleased, but inspired by the results....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:35 pm

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED..I REPEAT, THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!

Will have some gnar gnar up this weekend (or tonight hopefully!) been super slammed.. really excited to finally tear into these :)*
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:03 pm

resincum wrote:THE EAGLE HAS LANDED..I REPEAT, THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!

:rock:

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear