Just Jazz!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 am

:D :D :D :D

Good choices both. Though, no couch, because milady's cats and dogs sit there and I'm allergic...a more than fair trade off for her tolerance of my music/gear obsession.

Started out jumping around various standards seeing if milady would call out the tunes (she did). Then as the sherry took effect moved on to Nefertiti, which is about as far out as milady tolerates. It's a nice sweet spot though.

I reserve On the Corner for cognac time. VSOP :D

Of course, left to my own devices, I normally skip the sherry and move straight to On the Corner, if not Agharta. :excellent:
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:01 am

I'd bet this one pairs nicely with sherry as well:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_tIKpxjfcE
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36896
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Oh aye :love:

Or a lickle sumpin like this might sneak by:

Miles Daves--Circle in the Round

(but don't play milady 'Guinnevere' she will cut you)
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dowi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:45 am

Chankgeez wrote:I'd bet this one pairs nicely with sherry as well:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_tIKpxjfcE


If we are talking of pairs with alcohol I think we can all agree that most of Miles pairs well with that "after the second drink but before the fourth" phase :sick:
Except Bitches Brew, which is OK even after the fifth.
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dowi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:50 am

Dandolin wrote::D :D :D :D

Good choices both. Though, no couch, because milady's cats and dogs sit there and I'm allergic...a more than fair trade off for her tolerance of my music/gear obsession.

Started out jumping around various standards seeing if milady would call out the tunes (she did). Then as the sherry took effect moved on to Nefertiti, which is about as far out as milady tolerates. It's a nice sweet spot though.

I reserve On the Corner for cognac time. VSOP :D

Of course, left to my own devices, I normally skip the sherry and move straight to On the Corner, if not Agharta. :excellent:


You made me want to listen to Nefertiti, been a while since I did. Really love Williams work on the title track.
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dandolin » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 am

Dowi wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:I'd bet this one pairs nicely with sherry as well:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_tIKpxjfcE


If we are talking of pairs with alcohol I think we can all agree that most of Miles pairs well with that "after the second drink but before the fourth" phase :sick:
Except Bitches Brew, which is OK even after the fifth.

Chasin' the voodoo down :lol:

Also, Tony on Nefertiti? Endorsed :excellent:

When I get in that particular groove, the Live in Europe '67 and Freedom Jazz dance bootleg boxes also come into play. :love':


Nefertiti session reel :love:
Last edited by Dandolin on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dowi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Dandolin wrote:
Dowi wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:I'd bet this one pairs nicely with sherry as well:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_tIKpxjfcE


If we are talking of pairs with alcohol I think we can all agree that most of Miles pairs well with that "after the second drink but before the fourth" phase :sick:
Except Bitches Brew, which is OK even after the fifth.


Chasin' tge voodoo down :lol:

Also, Tiny on Nefertiti? Endorsed :excellent:

When I get in that particular groove, the Live in Europe '67 and Freedom Jazz dance bootleg boxes also come. into play. :love':


Nefertiti session reel :love:


Uuuuh, tasty session!
I don't know Miles that much to be aware of specific live albums worth a listen, just stick to the studio records, but I will definitely spin that live in Europe tomorrow. :thumb:
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 am

"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36896
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dandolin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Mo Yusef.

Keepin it Detroit:

Bennie Maupin--Quasar from 'Slow Traffic to the Right'
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Paul_C » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Paul_C

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dandolin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:05 pm

^^yass :love: :love: [puts down marion brown he was about to post]


Jack DeJohnette's Special Edition--Ahmad the Terrible from 'Album Album'
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Dandolin wrote:[puts down marion brown he was about to post]


:|: :poke: :snax:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36896
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Adoom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Hey brother.

I’m kinda obsessed with Rosenwinkel at the minute. Or Frisell as I have been always.
I play.
NSFW: show
Nothing to see.

((( :zen: )))

Wonderful Dealings With: smallsnd/bigsnd, Ryan, blahquaker, Fancymike

behndy wrote:i sir, have LIVED.
Adoom

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby voerking » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:30 pm

i love that DeJohnette record. his stuff as a leader is really under appreciated!

currently jamming this firestorm of awesomeness:
voerking

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Just Jazz!

Postby Dowi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Paul_C wrote:


I was listening to this earlier today after a suggestion from a friend. Actually I was expecting something more, but still enjoyable.
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.