Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby chromandre » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:48 pm

wren and cuff caprid big box version
Image.

All things considered, I think its safe to assume this will actually be the thing that makes my life complete.
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Got some EBS patch cables in today. Yay more board space!

Looking at getting an EQD Spatial Delivery. I'm digging EQD's modulation based stuff, and I really want a solid auto wah for certain songs im doing. Of course, I'm open to suggestions if anyone has something different to recommend or has experience with the SD.

Also thinking of getting an EQD Warden to add some sustain to my notes. I love my Necromancer Fuzz, but I miss the sustain my Big Muffs give me. Figured if its good enough for Matt Pike it'll be good enough for me right? Again, if anyone has any feedback regarding The Warden or anything else that can give me some sustain I'm all ears!
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:29 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Got some EBS patch cables in today. Yay more board space!

Looking at getting an EQD Spatial Delivery. I'm digging EQD's modulation based stuff, and I really want a solid auto wah for certain songs im doing. Of course, I'm open to suggestions if anyone has something different to recommend or has experience with the SD.

Also thinking of getting an EQD Warden to add some sustain to my notes. I love my Necromancer Fuzz, but I miss the sustain my Big Muffs give me. Figured if its good enough for Matt Pike it'll be good enough for me right? Again, if anyone has any feedback regarding The Warden or anything else that can give me some sustain I'm all ears!

I've been really interested in the Warden as well; it seems like a really useful tool and I've really fallen for compressors lately. I'm currently running an Accountant on my guitar board and a Black Finger on my bass board. Both of which I absolutely love, but both definitely colour your tone quite a bit.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby JTurbide » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 pm

I've gone fucking crazy in the past 2-3 weeks..

Got my Greco EB-3 bass a week ago, bought a late 60s Sunn 1x15 cab (the oversized one that was sold with a Sonaro head) and I ordered two fuzz. One is a new really cheap russian made one-knober that I have know idea how it will sound but it looked cool and was super cheap so... and the other is a brand new Plum Crazy FX Khnum, it's a turret board rams head muff built with super high quality components, 70s NOS cap etc. Really looking forward to receive that one :)
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:50 pm

MrNovember wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Got some EBS patch cables in today. Yay more board space!

I've been really interested in the Warden as well; it seems like a really useful tool and I've really fallen for compressors lately. I'm currently running an Accountant on my guitar board and a Black Finger on my bass board. Both of which I absolutely love, but both definitely colour your tone quite a bit.

I've heard about the tone coloring thing too. Honestly, my sound is already so over saturated that as long as the sound is good I dont really care. haha
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Do I want to create a secondary rig consisting of jrmy's Ibanez PM7, a Rockteck Chorus, and my Pipe Amp for mine and my son's jank rock band?
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:04 am

Big Mon wrote:Do I want to create a secondary rig consisting of jrmy's Ibanez PM7, a Rockteck Chorus, and my Pipe Amp for mine and my son's jank rock band?

Why, yes! Yes I do! IIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNCOMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 am

MrNovember wrote:
rfurtkamp wrote:DE-200 I can tell you one thing the manual doesn't straight off: the sample/hold (including LFO) is destructive to whatever's in the loop (unlike a Digitech RDS unit). Can go to chaostown with it hardcore.

Yeah I heard it can get really weird and chaotic. I'm excited to try that out

Got these the other day. The DE200 is great! It's surprisingly versatile and can definitely get really chaotic. I'm not really sure how I'm going to work it into my setup, but I'm definitely going to keep it around.

The Korg SD400 isn't as exciting though. Needs a little work as it's missing a bunch of screws and the tone pot is a little scratchy. It sounds really nice, but it's pretty straight forward.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:30 pm

If you like the DE200, get a Digitech RDS-something as well. Similar to the DE200 but much differently voiced LFO and longer delay times possible, plus loop changes (anything involving knob twisting) is non-destructive.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:54 pm

:snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Bought a used Epiphone G-400 Pro with a bound neck (not the recommended SG Goth, but that looked like a good suggestion, also a lot cheaper, but the bound neck got me)
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ummohyeah » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:35 pm

ordered a dod rubberneck. am i going to like it?

also have in bound some black pickup covers and knobs for my jag, and an oversized peavey 2x12 cab with black widow speakers (any good? I play treble-y indie stuff).
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby Warpsmasher » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:35 am

Common sense time:

Because I need a separate pitch shifting pedal more than I need a separate pitch shifting module. CV friendly makes it an easy choice.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:40 pm

Niiiice I'm eyeing up one of those to replace the whammy which I love but it's huge. PF feels more practical.

Hope you like.

ummohyeah wrote:ordered a dod rubberneck. am i going to like it?

also have in bound some black pickup covers and knobs for my jag, and an oversized peavey 2x12 cab with black widow speakers (any good? I play treble-y indie stuff).

I've always heard good things about Black Widows but never played them myself. I've not got too into the speaker rabbit hole because I'm really basic.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Warpsmasher » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Niiiice I'm eyeing up one of those to replace the whammy which I love but it's huge. PF feels more practical.

Hope you like.
I've been using the Digitech RP360, which I think has the whammy 4 algo, and it is nice, and has all kinds of custom settings that aren't possible with the PF (or anything else for that matter), I just need a separate pedal for the modular aspect, pedal arrangements I can't do with the pitch shifting trapped in there (no fx loop).
The definition of practical, from the pitchfork manual:
EHX wrote:EXP JACK
EXPression input jack accepts a TRS expression pedal connector or a Tip-Sleeve 0-5V control voltage input.

God bless EHX for this. I might want a HOG 2 now. I loved v1 but flipped it for the Pitchfactor, which is what turned me on to the whole shreddy modulation thing, which modular is just as good/better at with any old pitch shifter, so might as well get the one that's supposed to sound the best. And I need an expression pedal now too, but it is on low priority until the time is right.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear